Start your career as a Unity artist
- 2-3 semesters of post-secondary Unity classwork or equivalent independent study
- Portfolio containing a diverse range of completed Unity projects
- Capable of installing and configuring Unity software
- Understand digital art and fine art theory
- Understand 3D modeling and associated file types
What’s on the exam?
You can expect to see questions covering these tasks:
- Import and adjust Import Settings on assets including but not limited to assets such as rigged objects, tangents, associated textures, and target/blend shapes
- Modify assets using the Inspector including but not limited to scripted Components, animation, and materials
- Import and configure assets from the Unity Asset Store and/or custom packages
- Utilize the Sprite Editor, Tilemaps, Unity UI, and UI Elements,
- Utilize Animator functions including states, parameters, transitions, and blend trees
- Utilize Level of Detail (LOD)
- Given a scenario, optimize scene art assets for different build targets including standalone, mobile and web
Lighting, Cameras, Materials and Effects
- Create and edit materials including but not limited to different shaders such as different components of the Shader Graph
- Identify advanced lighting including but not limited to soft shadow width, bias, flares, halos, occlusion layers, and light shapes
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate lighting techniques including global illumination, light mapping, baking, reflection probe, and light probe
- Create, modify, and optimize particles and post-processing effects
- Utilize multiple cameras including but not limited to split-screen gaming, maps, map overlays, etc.
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate scriptable rendering pipeline that should be used including but not limited to URP and HDRP
Scene Content Design
- Create and implement assets using built-in 2D and 3D game objects as well as ProBuilder
- Create finished-level art using terrain function, finished models, and colliders
Learn and practice
You can prepare to pass this certification with the following:
Supplement your school’s curriculum or begin independent study with free, on-demand courses on Unity Learn and check back in July 2021 for our official courseware.
Find the right certification to meet your needs. Check out Unity’s full suite of Certifications across four difficulty levels and specialization tracks ranging from Programmer to Artist.
Validate your expert-level skills and mastery of advanced Unity concepts.