For real-time 3D artists
This certification is designed for professional artists who have a mix of artistic and technical skills within the context of professional software development processes. Such roles include 3D Artist, 3D Generalist, Game Artist, Level Designer, Environment Artist, and 3D Visualization Artist.
You may draw on a foundation in 2D art and animation to help prototype user interfaces and object movements, but you are primarily engaged in achieving a professional “look and feel” for real-time 3D applications.
- 2+ years of practical experience implementing 3D art and environments for video games or other real-time 3D applications built with Unity
- Experience importing, configuring, and lighting 3D objects and environments in Unity for a variety of platforms including PCs, mobile devices, and XR
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle, from early concept through completion
- Experience prototyping 3D environments and application UI
- Foundational understanding of animation and 2D rendering
- Foundational understanding of Unity programming workflows and terminology
- Experience in game development or other real-time 3D application development, such as simulation and design visualization
What’s on the exam?
You can expect to see questions across these topics:
- Rendering 3D objects
- Lighting objects and environments
- Working with particles and effects
- Prototyping basic application elements
- Working with 2D assets
- Working with animation
- Working in software development teams
Learn and practice
You can prepare to pass this certification with the following:
Learn and practice the skills to be successful on exam day through an effective combination of videos, assessments, and challenges, including:
- 20+ design challenges with expert solutions
- 45+ learning hours in five full courses
- 3 Unity projects
- Assessments and quizzes throughout
Prepare to take your exam with an official practice test.
Find the right certification to meet your needs. Check out Unity’s full suite of Certifications across four difficulty levels and specialization tracks ranging from Programmer to Artist.
Designed for Unity beginners with a computer science background and hobbyists, stand out from the crowd when applying to your first Unity role.
Certified Associate: Programmer (coming soon)
Certified Associate: Artist (coming soon)
Continue growing your skills with a certification that highlights your readiness for your next professional challenge.
Certified Professional: Artist (this Certification)
Validate your expert-level skills and mastery of advanced Unity concepts.