Designed for professional developers
This certification is designed for professionals in roles such as Unity Developer, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Mobile Application Developer, and Gameplay Programmer.
The Professional: Programmer certification exam tests the core skills needed to contribute to the technical execution of a project from conception through launch, and beyond. Highlight to employers that you are adept at coding solutions to tricky problems and demonstrate that you possess professional-level skills to script user interactions, implement application state logic, simulate physics, debug code, and optimize performance.
- 2+ years of practical experience in game or 3D interactive programming using Unity
- 2+ years of practical experience in computer programming, including C#
- Experience in the full software development lifecycle, from concept through completion
- Understanding of professional applications for software development with Unity, including game development, interactive entertainment, and design visualization
- Basic understanding of the visual/3D asset and animation pipeline in Unity, including character and environment setups
- Understanding of professional team software development practices, including unit testing and version control
- Knowledge of Unity Services for collaboration, monetization, live operations and multiplayer
- Understanding of mathematics critical to 3D interactive development, including linear algebra and matrix operations
What’s on the exam?
You can expect to see questions across these topics:
- Programming core interactions
- Working in the art pipeline
- Developing application systems
- Programming for scene and environment design
- Optimization of performance and platforms
- Working in software development teams
- Common C# programming constructs
The Programmer exam has been updated to reflect the latest version of Unity 2020 LTS.
Learn and practice
You can prepare to pass this certification with the following:
Learn and practice the skills to be successful on exam day through an effective combination of videos, assessments, and challenges, including:
- 15+ coding challenges with expert solutions
- 8+ hours of video instruction in four full courses
- 2 Unity projects
- Assessments and quizzes throughout
Get 12 months of access to the courseware.
Prepare to take your exam with an official practice test.
Find the right certification to meet your needs. Check out Unity’s full suite of Certifications across three difficulty levels and specialization tracks ranging from Programmer to Artist.
Continue growing your skills with a certification that highlights your readiness for your next professional challenge.
Certified Professional: Programmer (this Certification)