Building a more sustainable future
Our 2022 impact in numbers
We’re proud to continue our carbon neutral status. Our journey has just begun.
Our greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions across Scopes 1–3 were fully offset via verified offsets, removals, and energy attribute certificates.
We supported creators and nonprofit organizations that are increasing awareness and spurring action on climate change.
As a UN Playing for the Planet Alliance member, we co-facilitated the 2021 Green Game Jam, which shared sustainability-focused content with millions around the world through popular games.
As a responsible business, Unity leads and empowers our ecosystem to create a more sustainable world.
Measuring our impact
Since 2021, we have reported our GHG emissions inventory, which encompasses our full Scope 1–3 emissions, including:
- Direct emissions
- Indirect emissions from purchased electricity
- Indirect emissions from purchased goods and services, capital goods, employee commuting, business travel, operational waste, and others
We have remained carbon neutral since 2021 through energy attribute certificates (EACs), clean power procurement via utility providers, carbon offsets, and removal projects.
Managing our impact
We are shrinking our footprint by:
- Lowering our office emissions by procuring clean energy and energy attribute certificates (EACs), and reducing waste through recycling and an IT equipment donation program.
- Sourcing energy-efficient IT equipment and recycling used equipment responsibly.
- Engaging our employees with sustainability initiatives, educational sessions, and volunteering opportunities.
- Making ESG-screened fund options for retirement investments available.
- Screening vendors for sustainability criteria and engaging our supply chain for strong sustainability commitments.
Partnering for climate action
With our global creator community, we have the opportunity to catalyze environmental impact beyond our own operations by leveraging partnerships, supporting environmentally focused creators, encouraging RT3D innovation, and inspiring our community to take individual and collective action. Through our partnership with the Business Council on Climate Change (BC3), we are developing tools and resources to support our suppliers in their own sustainability journeys.
Environmental grants and partnerships
We aspire to catalyze environmental impact beyond our own operations through partnerships and RT3D innovation.
Learn how innovative creators are leveraging RT3D to bring new stories to light, share best practices, and offer visions that we can all work towards.