Unity Package Distribution License ("License")
Unity Technologies SF (“Unity”) grants to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, and royalty-free license to test, to use, to run, to compile, to link, and to distribute works of authorship associated with this License (“Work”), subject to the following terms and conditions:
(Certain Defined Terms in Section 9)
1. Distribution for Project Content Only. Exercise of the distribution license granted under this License is limited to distribution of the Work as binaries integrated with your Project Content, solely to third parties to whom you license or sell your Project Content or who provide you with Third Party Services, as you are permitted to distribute the runtime portion of the Unity Engine and under those terms.
2. Third-Party Software. If the Work is accompanied by a “third-party notices” or similar notice, you acknowledge and agree that software or content so identified is governed by those separate license terms.
3. No Trademark License. You are not granted any right or license under this License to use any trademarks, service marks, trade names, products names, or branding of Unity or its affiliates (“Trademarks”); certain uses of Trademarks are permitted under Unity’s Trademark Guidelines at https://unity.com/legal/branding_trademarks or its successor site.
4. DISCLAIMER, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. THE WORK IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES (WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCLUDING PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, AND BUSINESS INTERRUPTION), OR OTHER LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM OR OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, THE WORK OR ANY DERIVATIVE WORKS THEREOF OR THE USE OF OR OTHER DEALINGS IN SAME, EVEN WHERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
5. USE IS ACCEPTANCE and License Versions. Your access to and use of the Work constitutes your acceptance of this License and its terms and conditions. This License may be modified or updated; upon any such modification or update, you will comply with the terms of the updated License for any use of any of the Work under the updated License.
6. Use in Compliance with Law and Termination. Your exercise of the license granted under this License will at all times be in compliance with applicable law and will not infringe any proprietary rights (including intellectual property rights); this License will terminate immediately (i) on any breach by you of this License; and (ii) if you commence any form of patent litigation, including a cross-claim or counterclaim, against anyone wherein you allege that the Work or its use constitutes direct or secondary/indirect patent infringement.
7. Severability. If any provision of this License is held to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent possible and the other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
8. Governing Law and Venue. The governing law of this License will be the substantive laws of the State of California without regard to its conflicts of law principles. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply. You and Unity irrevocably submit to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the Superior Court of the State of California, County of San Francisco or the United States District Court of the Northern District of California in San Francisco. You and Unity irrevocably consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction over each other by such courts and waives any right to plead, claim or allege that California is an inconvenient forum. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Unity may seek temporary, preliminary or other expedited or provisional injunctive relief (but not money damages) from any court of competent jurisdiction under this License regardless of your place of residency or principal place of business.
“Project Content” means works of authorship that you develop with the Unity Engine under a valid license.
“Third Party Service” means any service offered to Unity developers.
“Unity Engine” means Unity’s content authoring and rendering engine software.