Unity Technologies ApS (“Unity”) grants to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, and royalty-free license to test, to use, to run, to compile, to link, and to distribute works of authorship associated with this License (“Work”), subject to the following terms and conditions:
(Certain Defined Terms in Section 9)
1. Distribution for Project Content Only. Exercise of the distribution license granted under this License is limited to distribution of the Work as binaries integrated with your Project Content, solely to third parties to whom you license or sell your Project Content or who provide you with Third Party Services, as you are permitted to distribute the runtime portion of the Unity Engine and under those terms.
2. Third-Party Software. If the Work is accompanied by a “third-party notices” or similar notice, you acknowledge and agree that software or content so identified is governed by those separate license terms.
3. No Trademark License. You are not granted any right or license under this License to use any trademarks, service marks, trade names, products names, or branding of Unity or its affiliates (“Trademarks”); certain uses of Trademarks are permitted under Unity’s Trademark Guidelines at https://unity.com/legal/branding_trademarks or its successor site.
4. DISCLAIMER, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. THE WORK IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES (WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCLUDING PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, AND BUSINESS INTERRUPTION), OR OTHER LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM OR OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, THE WORK OR ANY DERIVATIVE WORKS THEREOF OR THE USE OF OR OTHER DEALINGS IN SAME, EVEN WHERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
5. USE IS ACCEPTANCE and License Versions. Your access to and use of the Work constitutes your acceptance of this License and its terms and conditions. This License may be modified or updated; upon any such modification or update, you will comply with the terms of the updated License for any use of any of the Work under the updated License.
6. Use in Compliance with Law and Termination. Your exercise of the license granted under this License will at all times be in compliance with applicable law and will not infringe any proprietary rights (including intellectual property rights); this License will terminate immediately (i) on any breach by you of this License; and (ii) if you commence any form of patent litigation, including a cross-claim or counterclaim, against anyone wherein you allege that the Work or its use constitutes direct or secondary/indirect patent infringement.
7. Severability. If any provision of this License is held to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent possible and the other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
8. Governing Law and Venue. This License is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Denmark, except for its conflict of laws rules; the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply. If you reside (or your principal place of business is) within the United States, you and Unity agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of and venue in the state and federal courts located in San Francisco County, California concerning any dispute arising out of this License (“Dispute”). If you reside (or your principal place of business is) outside the United States, you and Unity agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of and venue in the courts located in Copenhagen, Denmark concerning any Dispute.
“Project Content” means works of authorship that you develop with the Unity Engine under a valid license.
“Third Party Service” means any service offered to Unity developers.
“Unity Engine” means Unity’s content authoring and rendering engine software.