Unity Reference-Only License (“License”)
“Reference Purposes” means for the sole purpose of inspecting functionality to understand or improve performance of your games, applications, software, or other content developed with the Unity Engine.
"Repository Service" means the respository service through which Unity makes the Software available.
“Software” means the software (including code in source or object format as applicable) that accompanies this License.
“Unity” means Unity Technologies ApS.
“Unity Engine” means Unity’s content authoring and rendering engine software.
1. License Grant to the Software. Unity grants to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, and royalty-free license to reproduce and use the Software for Reference Purposes only. For clarity, while display, performance, and reproduction on the Repository Service through its functionality is allowed, no other distribution or modification of the Software is permitted.
2. Trademarks. You are not granted any right or license under this License to use any trademarks, service marks, trade names, products names, or branding of Unity or its affiliates (“Trademarks”). Descriptive uses of Trademarks are permitted; see, for example, Unity’s Branding Usage Guidelines at https://unity.com/public-relations/brand.
3. Notice & Third-Party Terms. This License, including notices of copyright associated with the Software, must be provided in all substantial portions of the Software (or, if that is impracticable, in any other location where such notices are customarily placed). If the Software is accompanied by a Unity “third-party notices” or similar file, you acknowledge and agree that software identified in that file is governed exclusively by those separate license terms.
4. DISCLAIMER, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, AND IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES (WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCLUDING PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, AND BUSINESS INTERRUPTION), OR OTHER LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM OR OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OF OR OTHER DEALINGS IN IT, EVEN WHERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
5. USE IS ACCEPTANCE and License Versions. Your access to and use of the Software, and/or any other indications of acceptance where required, constitutes your acceptance of this License and its terms and conditions. This License may be modified or updated; upon any such modification or update, you will comply with the terms of the updated License for any use of any of the Software under the updated License.
6. Use in Compliance with Law and Termination.
6.1 Compliance. Your exercise of the license granted herein will at all times be in compliance with applicable law and will not infringe any proprietary rights (including intellectual property rights).
6.2 Termination. This License will terminate immediately (i) on any breach by you of this License; and (ii) if you commence any form of patent litigation, including a cross-claim or counterclaim, against anyone wherein you allege that the Software constitutes direct or secondary/indirect patent infringement.
7. Severability. If any provision of this License is held to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent possible and the other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
8. Governing Law and Venue. This License is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Denmark, except for its conflict of laws rules; the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply. If you reside (or your principal place of business is) within the United States, you and Unity agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of and venue in the state and federal courts located in San Francisco County, California concerning any dispute arising out of this License (“Dispute”). If you reside (or your principal place of business is) outside the United States, you and Unity agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of and venue in the courts located in Copenhagen, Denmark concerning any Dispute.
Change Log here