Unity Technologies ApS (“Unity”) grants to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, and royalty-free copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, and distribute the work of authorship that accompanies this License (“Work”), subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Unity Companion Use. Exercise of the license granted herein is permitted as long as it is in connection with the authoring and/or distribution of applications, software, or other content under a valid Unity content authoring and rendering engine software license (“Engine License”). That means, for example, as long as you authored content using the Work under an Engine License, you may distribute the Work in connection with that content as you see fit under this License. No other exercise of the license granted herein is permitted, and in no event may the Work be used for competitive analysis or to develop a competing product or service.
2. No Modification of Engine License. Neither this License nor any exercise of the license granted herein modifies the Engine License in any way.
3. Ownership; Derivative Works.
3.1 You own your content. In this License, “derivative works” means derivatives of the Work itself--works derived only from the Work by you under this License (for example, modifying the code of the Work itself to improve its efficacy); “derivative works” of the Work do not include, for example, games, apps, or content that you create with the Work. You keep all right, title, and interest in your own content.
3.2 Unity owns its content. While you keep all right, title, and interest to your own content per the above, as between Unity and you, Unity will own all right, title, and interest to all intellectual property rights (including patent, trademark, and copyright) in the Work and derivative works of the Work, and you hereby assign and agree to assign all such rights in those derivative works to Unity. Should assignment be invalid for any reason, you grant to Unity an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, and royalty-free license (with the right to grant sublicenses) under those intellectual property rights to those derivative works. You also agree to waive or refrain from asserting any author’s right, moral rights, or like rights to the extent necessary to permit exploitation as contemplated under this License.
3.3 Your right to use derivative works. You will always have the right to use derivative works of the Work you create, consonant with this License.
4. Trademarks. You are not granted any right or license under this License to use any trademarks, service marks, trade names, products names, or branding of Unity or its affiliates (“Trademarks”). Descriptive uses of Trademarks are permitted; see, for example, Unity’s Trademark Guidelines athttps://unity.com/legal/branding_trademarks.
5. Notices & Third-Party Rights. This License, including the copyright notice associated with the Work, must be provided in all substantial portions of the Work and derivative works thereof (or, if that is impracticable, in any other location where such notices are customarily placed). Further, if the Work is accompanied by a Unity “third-party notices” or similar file, you acknowledge and agree that software or content identified in that file is governed by those separate license terms.
6. DISCLAIMER, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. THE Work AND ANY DERIVATIVE WORKS THEREOF IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, AND IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES (WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCLUDING PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, AND BUSINESS INTERRUPTION), OR OTHER LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM OR OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, THE Work OR ANY DERIVATIVE WORKS THEREOF OR THE USE OF OR OTHER DEALINGS IN SAME, EVEN WHERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
7. USE IS ACCEPTANCE and License Versions. Your access to and use of the Work constitutes your acceptance of this License and its terms and conditions. This License may be modified or updated; upon any such modification or update, you will comply with the terms of the updated License for any use of any of the Work under the updated License.
8. Use in Compliance with Law and Termination. Your exercise of the license granted herein will at all times be in compliance with applicable law and will not infringe any proprietary rights (including intellectual property rights); this License will terminate immediately (i) on any breach by you of this License; and (ii) if you commence any form of patent litigation, including a cross-claim or counterclaim, against anyone wherein you allege that the Work constitutes direct or secondary/indirect patent infringement.
9. Severability. If any provision of this License is held to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent possible and the other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
10. Governing Law and Venue. This License is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Denmark, except for its conflict of laws rules; the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply. If you reside (or your principal place of business is) within the United States, you and Unity agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of and venue in the state and federal courts located in San Francisco County, California concerning any dispute arising out of this License (“Dispute”). If you reside (or your principal place of business is) outside the United States, you and Unity agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of and venue in the courts located in Copenhagen, Denmark concerning any Dispute.