Professional benefits, exclusive community
Join this exclusive community to give your training business a boost on its own or in partnership with Unity. There are also a number of other benefits that will support you in your professional growth, including discounts on Unity exams, a members-only online community, training resources, discounts on Unity products, and much more.
How do you become a Unity Certified Instructor?
What are the key benefits of the program?
Becoming a Unity Certified Instructor will help you succeed in helping creators, while growing your professional skills and business. Benefits include:
- Train-the-Trainer modules for Professional development
- Discounted vouchers for CompTIA CTT+
- Discounted CompTIA CTT+ certification preparation ebook
- Access to exclusive professional community
- Discounted access to Unity Authorized Courses
- Exclusive access to deliver Unity Authorized Workshops
- Support in building your brand and business
- Quarterly Onboarding Webinars
- Evaluate and influence new learning and training materials
- Opportunity to be paid for delivering training on behalf of Unity
What are the requirements of being in the program?
The main goal for Unity Certified Instructors is to positively impact learners. Unity Certified Instructors will be responsible for maintaining the highest levels of quality and delivering learning and training content that impacts learners. Potential ways to impact learners include:
- Gain an Instructor Certification
- Maintain a current professional-level Unity Certification
- Create and submit learning content to the Learn community
- Maintain 4-star rating or 85% satisfaction rate on training delivery
- Participate in Learner Community
What are qualifying certifications for this program?
This program requires two certifications:
- CompTIA CTT+ Classroom Trainer Certification (or equivalent)
- Unity Professional Certification
This certification validates your instructional skills via a two-part exam.The first part is a computer-based test taken at any Pearson Vue test center, and the second is a video submission of the instructor teaching. Once completed, the certification is perpetual and will not require recertification.
This certification validates your Unity skills. You will need to maintain a current certification, which means you will need to gain either the Certified Professional Programmer or the Certified Professional Artist certification to maintain Unity Certified Instructor status.
Are there other instructional certifications that can be used?
The CompTIA CTT+ Classroom Trainer certification is a robust instructional certification. However, Unity recognizes that there are other trainer and instructional programs that hold an equally high level of rigor and will therefore accept any of the following certifications in lieu of the CompTIA CTT+:
- Government granted instructional or teacher certification
- Microsoft Certified Trainer
- Autodesk Certified Instructor
- Adobe Certified Instructor
- CISCO Certified Trainer
Are there costs associated with getting certified?
Unity offers a 10% discount towards the cost of each of the required certifications:
- CompTIA Classroom Trainer certification is a combination of costs for a computer-based exam and evaluation of a teaching video submission. These exams retail for over $600 USD (regional pricing offered)
- Certified Professional Programmer and Certified Professional Artist retails for $249 (regional pricing offered).
What is the application process?
The application involves submitting information that includes proof of your credentials, background information on your training business, and basic demographic information. Once submitted, Unity will review the application and notify you of acceptance within two weeks.
How do I cancel my application?
You can cancel your application at any time by emailing Unity at email@example.com.
Are there any fees associated with membership?
There are not any membership fees at this time.
Is membership for a specific amount of time?
Membership is valid as long as the requirements of the program are being met. Individuals can leave the program voluntarily or may be asked to meet requirements to maintain membership status.
Where can I find the Unity Certified Instructor Program Guide and Agreement?
You can download the Unity Certified Instructor Program Guide here. After you complete the application, You will be sent the Unity Certified Instructor agreement and Program Rules to review and accept prior to joining the progam.
Explore other Training and Certification products
Get Unity Certified
Setting the standard with the only certifications for the games industry.
Whether you’re just getting started as a Developer or you’re becoming an Expert in a specialized role, Unity Certifications can help you at every stage of your career.Whether you’re just getting started as a Developer or you’re becoming an Expert in a specialized role, Unity Certifications can help you at every stage of your career.