Onstage and backstage, in-Editor and in depth
Making connections, virtually
Unity sessions at SIGGRAPH 2021
Discover the latest stories from our partners and customers about how they are using the Unity real-time 3D platform to achieve creative and effective solutions with compelling results.
Aston Martin Uses Immersive Technology for the Ultimate Customer Experience
Next-generation, photorealistic, mixed reality experiences made with Unity are transforming automotive and aerospace design, engineering and collaborative workflows, enhancing customer experience and engagement.
- Marcus Olson, Head of Software Partnerships, Varjo
- Mike Leach, Solution Portfolio Lead, Lenovo
YVR Gateway to the New Economy
Learn how Vancouver International Airport (YVR) built a digital twin of its terminal and launched an Innovation Hub to drive business growth and engage the community.
- Lynette DuJohn, Vice President, Innovation and Chief Information Officer, Vancouver International Airport
- Sara Oberst, Head of Automotive, Transportation, Manufacturing, and Retail, Unity Accelerate Solutions, Unity Technologies
Digital Creation in the Physical World
Hear how filmmakers, artists, and designers are leveraging technology innovations to change how we interact with 3D concepts, blurring the boundary between the physical and digital realms.
- Andrea Aniceto-Chavez, Producer, Digitalfilm Tree
- Thaisa Yamamura, Head of Business Development, Sony Electronics
- Ellen Grogan, Media & Entertainment Specialist, Unity Technologies
LEGO Builder’s Journey: Rendering Realistic LEGO Bricks in Unity
Discover how a small team achieved near realism in a limited time – without creating new assets from scratch – using HDRP and the latest graphics capabilities such as ray tracing and DLSS.
- Mikkel Fredborg, Technical Lead, Light Brick Studio
- Paul Hodgson, Director, Developer Technology Software, Nvidia
Training Digital Avatars in the Metaverse with ML Agents
Unity Machine Learning Agents allows you to study complex behaviors with realistic physics baked into your simulations. See how you can use machine learning to train a digital avatar to capture a flag.
- Joe Mercado, Senior Product Manager, ML-Agents, Unity Technologies
Building a Best-in-Class Interactive 3D Product Configurator
Learn how headphone maker Onanoff and Visionaries 777 created an immersive marketing experience.
Frantz Lasorne, Cofounder, Visionaries 777
Petur Olafsson, CEO, ONANOFF ltd.
Simulating Connected Experiences: Automotive, Architecture and Robotics
Imagine automated food delivery, automated taxi services and automated mobility assistance with innovations that span vehicles, architecture and robotics. In this session, the Woven Planet team shares its challenges to test and improve user experiences of many different products that are intended to work well together.
- Matthew Doell, Lead of UX Simulation, Woven City Experiences, Woven Planet
- Kieran Belkus, Senior Technical Artist, Advanced Automated Designs, Woven Planet
- Sungwoo Kim, Creative Technologist, Emerging Technologies, Woven Planet
The Journey to Real-time Filmmaking: VRFX Realtime Studios, MiddleVR and Unity
Learn how real-time 3D is expanding the potential of VRFX projects with capabilities like ray tracing, creating textures with ArtEngine, and MiddleVR’s cluster rendering and camera-tracking.
- Claudio Antonelli, Art Director, VRFX Realtime Studio
- Pascal Achermann, CEO, VRFX Realtime Studio
- Sébastien Kuntz, CEO, MiddleVR
Digital Developer Day: Artist Edition
We’ve partnered with SIGGRAPH to bring you a Developer Day curated especially for artists. Join us for a series of sessions showcasing tools designed with artists in mind.
It’s Showtime! New Tools for Cinematic Creators
Creating animated content in Unity is a first-class experience. New Cinematics tools enable creators to deliver content using real-time tools more easily, quickly, and creatively than ever.
- Ben Radcliffe, Media and Entertainment Technical Specialist, Unity
New Contextual Workflows for Faster Prototyping
Make sure others can see your vision as clearly as you do. Prototype faster with new contextual workflows, using overlays, in-scene creation tools, tools ecosystem, splines, and ProBuilder improvements.
- Gabriel Williams, Product Designer, Unity
New Lighting Features in Unity 2021.2: Volumetric Clouds, Lens Flare and Light Anchor
Learn about the new volumetric cloud system that HDRP offers and other features that allow artists to easily simulate lens properties and drastically reduce the time needed to light their scenes.
- Pierre Donzallaz, Technical Art Manager, R&D, Graphics, Unity
The Power for Artists to Create: Unity’s Visual Effect Graph
Discover the latest features and improvements to Visual Effect Graph, Unity’s node-based effect creation tool, and learn how they enable better and more robust artist workflows.
- Vlad Neykov, Manager, Graphics Core QA, Unity
Bring AR Experiences to Life with Synthetic Data
By creating synthetic datasets, Unity Computer Vision tools can overcome data collection challenges and bring computer vision applications to production quickly and efficiently.
- Andrew Kemendo, Principal AI Architect, Unity
- Sharmila Chockalingam, Head of AI/ML Product Marketing, Unity
New Authoring Workflows for believable Terrain and Vegetation
Discover Unity’s latest updates to terrain vegetation for producing vast, beautiful, and believable terrain. Learn about Unity’s new improvements to SpeedTree 8/9 features, new instanced details for painting large amounts of efficient foliage on HDRP as well URP, and utilizing the power of Shader Graph on instanced details to add custom effects.
- Barrington Campbell, Technical Artist, Terrain Team, Unity
Even more Unity at SIGGRAPH
Organized by Natalya Tatarchuk, Unity’s Vice-President of AAA and Graphics Innovation, these in-demand SIGGRAPH courses are back this year with even more great content:
- Rendering Engine Architecture for Games Part 1
- Rendering Engine Architecture for Games Part 2
- Advances in Real-Time Rendering in Games Part 1
- Advances in Real-Time Rendering in Games Part 2
In these courses, you’ll learn state-of-the-art and production-proven techniques from Industry experts. The Unity team will deliver a technical walkthrough of: (1) Improved Spatial Upscaling through FidelityFX Super Resolution for Real-Time Game Engines, (2) Experimenting with Concurrent Binary Trees for Large Scale Terrain Rendering and (3) an overview of Unity’s Rendering Architecture.
WiNDUP at Real-Time Live!
Real-Time Live! celebrates the top original, jury-reviewed interactive projects of the year. Discover the technical art behind Unity’s animated short, WiNDUP, including procedurally generated environment assets, vertex shader animation for foliage, an animated frozen window, and tearing shader for characters.
Learn directly from the Unity team on these specialized subjects:
- An Interactive Introduction to Computer Graphics Using WebGL – August 9, 12:30–1:00 pm PT
- Practical Machine Learning for Rendering: From Research to Deployment – August 11, 9:00–9:30 am PT
- Passing Multi-channel Material Textures to a 3-channel Loss – on demand
- Lessons Learned and Improvements When Building Screen-space Samplers With Blue-noise Error Distribution – on demand