Get started on mobile
Test, optimize, deploy, and launch on mobile
Get the most out of Unity and boost your mobile game’s performance with in-depth tips from top studios.
Guide to mobile game monetization strategies
Learn how to grow your mobile game, keep your players engaged, and measure your success with this step-by-step guide.
Best practices for mobile UI design
Experts from Outfit7, Samsung, and Unity share strategies to help maximize the creativity and flow of your mobile games.
Ultimate profiling tips roundtable
SYBO Games (Subway Surfers) and Arm discuss the business implications of poor performance, and learnings from shipping a hit mobile game with three billion downloads to date.
Scale a mobile-first business with a premium or F2P monetization model (ads or IAP).
Read the case study to learn how SYBO and Unity’s 10-year partnership led Subway Surfers to remain one of the top mobile games.
- Became the first game to surpass 1 billion downloads on the Google Play Store
- Installed a million times daily after 10 years
- Maintains over 100 million monthly average users (MAU)
- Downloaded over 3 billion times, it’s one of the top mobile games of all time
Learn how Arnold Rauers of Tinytouchtales built his business using Unity and the Unity Asset Store.
- Launched a successful mobile business with €121K ($131K USD) in annual revenue since 2015
- Reached 1.1 million yearly downloads across iOS and Android stores
- Offered games in 15+ languages using Unity TextmeshPro and I2 Localization
- Reduced iteration times by prototyping with Unity Asset Store resources
Discover how Mistwalker used Unity to optimize a 60-hour JRPG for mobile in this case study.
- Brought a complex 500 GB masterpiece to a mobile-friendly 4 GB version with automated scripts and tools
- Reproduced over 150 dioramas using photogrammetry
- Cut the time spent debugging shaders by up to 66% by following draws in sequence with the Unity Frame Debugger
- Saved months in 3D modeling and animation by leveraging the Unity Asset Store
Passion Punch Studio
Learn how Passion Punch Studio reduced their app’s download size with Unity’s Cloud Content Delivery (CCD).
- Decreased first-time install size by 70% on Android and iOS
- Tested multiple content ideas across different platforms using CCD
- Streamlined content deployment by decreasing error-prone delivery of assets
Go multiplatform by growing your audience with a mobile version of your game.
Learn how Sam Barlow’s Half Mermaid team crafted the award-winning IMMORTALITY and expanded to mobile in partnership with Netflix Games.
- Imported and tagged a 400-page script into a nonlinear interactive experience
- Optimized and rendered over 2,000 video thumbnails and transitions using the C# Job System
- Condensed 10 hours of high-definition video footage and audio into an 11 GB download
- Nominated for Best Narrative, Best Performance, Best Direction at The Game Awards 2022
Read how IMMORTALITY’s match-cut mechanic was designed in this blog by Sam Barlow.
Learn how Alt Shift brought their story-rich spacefaring experience to mobile and reached more than one million players.
- Perform 90% of testing across devices directly in the Unity Editor using custom extensions
- Reduce game memory footprint from 1.5 GB to 1.1 GB using the Unity Addressable Asset System
- Minimize launch crunch with built-in Unity Cloud Build CI/CD
- Preserve Crying Suns’s PC richness on smartphone screens
Features and services for mobile game development
See why Unity is the solution of choice across the end-to-end mobile game lifecycle.
Over 70% of mobile games are created using the Unity game engine. Just a few of the thousands of mobile games made with Unity include:
- Age of Magic, Playkot
- Among Us, InnerSloth
- Arena of Valor, Tencent Games
- Hitman GO, Square Enix
- Last Day on Earth, Kefir
- Little Orpheus, The Chinese Room
- Monument Valley, ustwo
- Shadowgun War Games, MADFINGER Games
- The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross, Funny Paw
Find more made with Unity stories here.
You can build a mobile game that runs on a variety of platforms by using the Universal Render Pipeline (URP). This detailed technical e-book walks you through an introduction to URP, including lighting, shaders, and more. 请单击此处了解详细信息。
Learn how Alt Shift, Broken Arms Games, Light Brick Studio, Robot Squid, and Superplus Games navigate the challenges and opportunities of the rapidly expanding mobile game market.
Unity Learn has a wide variety of tutorials and sample projects to get you started. We recommend just a couple of examples to help you dive in:
Trash Dash is an endless runner sample, teaching coding architecture as well as applications of Cloud Build, Ads/IAP and Unity Analytics.
Tanks! is a tutorial project that will teach things like basic input, physics, audio and mixing and game architecture.
Find more learning examples at Unity Learn.
Check out an e-book created to help you develop a soft launch strategy, market effectively, and get more out of your creative assets. Read more.
Learn how to set up an innovative live service, design impactful content, and improve retention and engagement in your game with this free course.
Learn how to increase your mobile game revenue in this free course for indie developers.
Our new Runner template’s features make it easier to create your own unique, high-quality games in a popular genre that will stand out on app stores. Learn more here.
Learn how minimizing user acquisition costs and maximizing player value can lead to a strong lifetime value metric.