We, Unity Technologies and its affiliates (“Unity”), provide these guidelines (“Guidelines”) for our customers, authorized resellers, technology partners, media, and all other parties wishing to use or to refer to Unity’s trademarks, service marks, names, symbols, designs, icons, designations, or logos (“Trademarks”). Unity’s Trademarks are extremely valuable to Unity, and these Guidelines set out the ground rules for their use. Unity has a number of Trademarks, both registered and unregistered, including the Trademarks listed here (“Unity Trademark List”). Use of Unity’s Trademarks is only allowed as provided in these Guidelines or under separate written permission by Unity.
Unity maintains certain programs for authorized resellers, technology partners, and vendors under separate written agreements. If an agreement does not provide for any terms concerning Unity Trademarks, these Guidelines will apply; in the event of any conflict between terms in an agreement and these Guidelines, the terms of the agreement will apply.
Permitted uses: Wordmarks
You may use Unity Trademarks (or Unity Wordmarks) that are not Unity Logos (e.g., “Unity”) as follows:
- You may use Unity Wordmarks to describe or to refer to Unity products or services themselves. (For example, to describe that you use Unity software as your development tool or to promote Unity software as a product.)
- You may use Unity Wordmarks to describe or to refer to Unity products or services in connection with your products or services to explain that connection, provided that the explanation is true and accurate. (For example, you may indicate that your product is “compatible with Unity software” or that your service is to provide “tutorials for Unity software”.)
- You may use Unity Wordmarks in published materials, digital and otherwise, provided that your use is consistent with all of the following and otherwise complies with these Guidelines:
- using the Unity Wordmarks is actually relevant to the subject matter of the materials;
- the Unity Wordmarks do not figure more prominently in the materials than your Trademarks, including Trademarks of your products and services; and
- you provide a proper Trademark Notice and Attribution Statement as described below.
Permitted uses: Logos/brand assets
Unity uses many different logos, brand assets, and icons (“Unity Logos”) in association with its business. While we are glad that many people would like to use our Logos, our Logos hold a great amount of goodwill and help protect the integrity of our brand. Please abide by the general guidelines below when using our logos. If you would like to use a Logo that you do not see listed in these Guidelines or if your situation is not covered, you may make a separate request for permission by emailing email@example.com.
Unless you have a separate agreement with us to the contrary, permitted uses of our Logos must comply with these Guidelines, our Style guide, and the following general rules for Logos:
- Use current, official, unmodified Unity Logos. The Unity Logos may not be altered or modified in any way, including by changing the colors, changing the font, applying strokes, rearranging elements of the design, stretching/distorting or by animating the Logos.
- Be sure to allow Unity Logos to be seen clearly. Besides avoiding distortion, you must not reduce the size of Unity Logos so as to cause them to appear unclear, fuzzy, or otherwise illegible.
- Follow the Unity Logo usage guidelines to ensure that there is sufficient clear space between the Unity Logos and other graphical or textual elements. The Unity Logos must always be seen and interpreted as unique elements.
- Do not use Unity Logos to “beautify” or “spice up” your materials. Unity Logos are artistic assets and are not to be used merely for stylistic purposes.
- Do not make Unity Logos the most prominent part of your material. We permit the use of our Logos for informational purposes concerning Unity products and services.
- Use of our Logos that may suggest some endorsement or affiliation by Unity is not permitted.
TRADEMARK NOTICE AND ATTRIBUTION STATEMENT
Published materials of any kind, including digital materials such as web pages or digital ads that feature Unity Trademarks, must carry a trademark notice. This notice may appear in the credits, in a footer, or other similar location. The form of the notice should be as follows:
- “[This website/these materials/(product/service or company name)] [is/are] not sponsored by or affiliated with Unity Technologies or its affiliates. [Unity Trademark(s)] [is a/are] trademark[s] or registered trademark[s] of Unity Technologies or its affiliates in the U.S. and elsewhere.”
Unity Logos and their uses
Made with Unity logo
"Made with Unity” promotes to end users of your game or other software application that it was made with our software platform. This logo may be used in association with games or other software applications you created with the Unity software platform and that you distribute to end users.
Unity & “cube” logo
This is our main corporate or “house“ logo. Except where there is a separate written agreement in place, use of this logo without separate permission is limited to the following cases:
Promotion of Unity products/services
- For the purposes of promoting Unity products/services in marketing or advertising materials, so long as the space where it is used is exclusively for Unity products/services and no others (including your own).
- You may use this Unity logo in informational materials such as a blog/vlog post about Unity products/services or their use, as long as the use is non-commercial and the materials do not look like official Unity materials or like Unity has endorsed the materials.
As in other cases, it is especially important that you do not use the Unity logo in any way to promote you, your business/products/services, or anyone else or their business/products/services. You also cannot misrepresent yourself, such as claiming that you have Unity Certification if you do not.
Tab “cube” logo
Permitted uses without separate permission for the "cube" logo are the same as for our main corporate logo. This logo is only to be used when the economy of space for a logo reasonably demands it – in other words, when using the main corporate logo would result in it looking “too small,” unclear, or distorted.
If you have a separate written agreement with Unity for use of any “Partner Badge” or “Verification Badge,” you will be provided with instructions on how to download the logos. For any Partner Badge or Verification Badge, you must adhere to the specific Guidelines for Partner Badges located here, in addition to the general rules on permitted logo use in these Guidelines.
A Partner Badge may only be used to illustrate the fact of the actual relationship between the partner and Unity as evidenced by the relevant agreement between the partner and Unity, and only so long as the agreement and recognition by Unity is in effect.
Our Unity Certification offerings, including for individuals seeking certification, and Unity Training or Certification partners, also permit the use of certain Unity Logos and badges. Please consult our Unity Certification portal for details on these programs.
Proper use Unity Trademarks
When using Unity Trademarks, follow these guidelines:
- Distinguish the trademark from the surrounding text by either capitalizing the first letter or by capitalizing or italicizing the entire mark.
- Only use Unity Trademarks as adjectives. Trademarks are adjectives: they should describe and modify a generic term, and should not be used as nouns or verbs. For example:
|Get Unity software!
- Ensure that there is sufficient clear space between the Unity Trademarks and other graphical or textual elements for them to be interpreted as unique elements. For example:
|XYZ’s Education Videos for Unity software
|XYZ-Unity Education Videos
- Only use Unity Trademarks unaltered, including without any abbreviation or using the possessive form. For example:
|XYZ leverages the power of the Unity ML-Agents toolkit
|XYZ leverages ML tech’s power
Please refer to the Unity Trademark List for the correct trademark symbol and spelling of the trademark.
- Do not use any Unity Logos except as permitted by these Guidelines or under a separate agreement in writing with Unity.
- Do not register or apply for registration of, and do not use, Unity Trademarks (or any confusingly similar Trademarks or translations or transliterations) for your business, your products, or your services, nor as any social media name or handle (e.g., hashtag) or as any part of any domain name.
- Do not use Unity Trademarks (or any confusingly similar Trademarks) in a way that may suggest an affiliation with, or endorsement/sponsorship/approval by, Unity.
- Do not use Unity Trademarks to discredit or disparage Unity or its products or services, including any use that may tarnish Unity’s reputation or damage the goodwill associated with Unity Trademarks
- Do not use Unity Trademarks in a way that is misleading or dishonest, including any advertising for any Unity products or services.
- Do not use Unity Trademarks in association with any information or material that Unity may find objectionable, including with anything considered by Unity to do any of the following:
- to infringe, misappropriate, or violate a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights, or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; to violate, or encourage any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to liability of any kind;
- to be defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar, or offensive; to promote discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment, or harm against any individual or group;
- to promote violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or
- to promote illegal or harmful activities or substances.
- Do not use any identical or virtually identical Unity trademarks as part of any domain name in a way that could imply false affiliation.
- Do not copy or imitate Unity’s trade dress, including the look and feel of Unity design properties, distinctive color combinations, typography, graphic designs, product icons, or imagery associated with Unity web pages.
- Do not use Unity Trademarks as keywords, search terms, metadata, or other identifiers on any online ad service.
In using any Unity Trademarks, you acknowledge and agree that any goodwill derived from that use inures to the exclusive benefit of Unity. Except for the limited right to use Unity Trademarks as expressly permitted by these Guidelines, no other right of any kind is granted to you, either directly or indirectly.
You also agree that you are aware of Unity’s business and of the high standards of quality inherent in Unity products and services, as well as the style, reputation, and image associated with those products and services. You further acknowledge and agree that any use of our Trademarks will conform strictly to the quality, style, reputation, and image standards of Unity (“Unity Standards”).
We reserve the absolute right to refuse to grant permission and/or to revoke or to terminate any permission given under these Guidelines at any time, including for usage or usage in association with content that is inconsistent with Unity Standards.
We further reserve the right to change these Guidelines at any time by posting the revised Guidelines here. Any previously permitted uses no longer in compliance in light of any revisions need to be altered so as to be consistent with the revised Guidelines.
As Unity Trademarks and their status may change over time, please review the Unity Trademark List periodically. The absence of a wordmark or logo from this list does not constitute a waiver of Unity’s trademarks or other intellectual property rights in that wordmark or logo.
PERMITTED USES OF ANY TRADEMARKS UNDER THESE GUIDELINES IS PROVIDED SOLELY ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. UNITY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH OUR TRADEMARKS OR THESE GUIDELINES, AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN), WHETHER ALLEGED TO ARISE BY OPERATION OF LAW, BY REASON OF CUSTOM OR USAGE IN THE TRADE, BY COURSE OF DEALING, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF NONINFRINGEMENT OR VALIDITY. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM UNITY OR ELSEWHERE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE GUIDELINES.
Any translation of these Guidelines is for reference only. The English language version controls in all respects and prevails in case of inconsistencies with any translated versions.
Questions/separate logo permission requests
Reporting Trademark abuse
In the event that you find any Trademarks that appear confusingly similar to Unity Trademarks, or if you become aware of any use of Unity Trademarks contrary to these Guidelines, we ask that you kindly write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org