Made with Unity
Official Rules and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR GAIN A SPOT IN THE SHOWCASE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Made with Unity Showcase (the “Showcase”) is a chance for Unity Technologies ApS (“Unity” or “Unity”) and our customers to show off cool new projects made with the Unity platform. If your project is selected for the regional Showcase you applied for, then you will be invited to Unity’s Unite event (“UNITE”) to demonstrate your project in person to attendees. If selected, you agree that Unity may leverage your press kit in Unity’s marketing materials and your project will show the “Made with Unity” splash screen in your Showcase demo.
- ENTRY. Throughout the year, Unity looks for opportunities to show off what our customers have been creating with the Unity platform. We ask for submissions of new projects, and then a panel of Unity judges selects projects that demonstrate innovation, experimentation, and creativity for inclusion in the Showcase.
- Steps. To submit your project, you must:
- Create a playable game using the Unity software (your “Project”); and
- Fill out Showcase submission form
- Content Restrictions.
- The Project must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Project must not contain brand names or trademarks other than Unity’s in accordance with the Unity branding guidelines;
- The Project must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Project must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Project must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Project is created.
- Valid Entries. Each Project that complies with the Sections 2A and 2B will be referred to as an “Entry.” Entries that do not conform to these Official Rules and Conditions will not be accepted.
ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible to submit to the Showcase, as of the time you submit your Entry, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age; and
- Have a valid Unity software license, Internet access, an email account and access to a personal computer.
The Showcase is open to residents worldwide excluding residents of: Cuba; Iran; North Korea; Sudan; and Syria. U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria, which is why residents of these countries/regions are not eligible to participate.
- Determination of Selected Entries. Eligible Entries will be selected by Unity’s Made with Unity team. Such decisions are final and binding in all respects. The developer (team or individual) of a selected Project is a “Showcase Participant.”
- Notification to Showcase Participants. Showcase Participants will be contacted via the email submitted with the Entry. Showcase Participants and their Projects may be announced at Unity’s discretion via Unity’s social media channels, website, and/or in person at UNITE or other Unity event.
UNITY’S CONTRIBUTION. In consideration for participating in the Showcase, each Showcase Participant will receive the following (collectively, the “Showcase Package”):
- Up to two (2) free Conference Passes to UNITE. Travel and lodging expenses are not included.
- A display area at UNITE to exhibit and demonstrate the Project (there are a limited number of room scale and non-room scale experience spaces available).
- HD screen or monitor for the display area.
- Pre-printed signage for the display area based on the Project’s PR Assets.
- Access to an exhibitors-only WiFi channel at UNITE.
- Promotional support, including via social media, featured posts across the Unity websites and event PR.
For clarity, one Showcase Package is awarded per selected Entry. Multiple members of a team do not each receive a Showcase Package.
If you are contacted by Unity that your Project has been selected for the Showcase, and you wish to accept the Showcase Package, then you agree that you will:
- Respond to Unity within three (3) days of notification;
- Confirm that at least one (1) team member can and will be available in-person at UNITE to present the Project throughout the event;
- Create a demo of your Project that uses the Made with Unity splash screen; and
- Provide any equipment other than monitors needed to demo your Project at UNITE (e.g., PC/dev kit, mobile devices, VR headsets, mobile HDMI adapters, international adapters/cables, etc.).
Each Showcase Participant will be contacted via the email address included with their Entry. If your Project is selected but you cannot be contacted, or you do not respond as directed within three (3) days of attempted notification, refuse the Showcase Package or are ineligible to accept the Showcase Package, then the Showcase Package may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Project.
The Showcase Packages will be awarded within a commercially reasonable time frame. Receipt of the Showcase Packages require an email and the Internet. All Showcase Packages are non-transferable, and no substitutions of the Showcase Packages for cash or other goods and services are permitted. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Unity reserves the right to provide a substitute Showcase Package of approximately equal value for any reason.
If your Project is selected, and you accept the Showcase Package, all federal, state, local and or other applicable taxes, licenses, title and/or registration fees or others costs, associated with receiving a Showcase Package is your sole responsibility. Unity and its affiliates are not responsible for any such taxes, fees and costs.
Showcase Participants may be required to complete and sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, an Affidavit of Eligibility and, except where prohibited, Liability/Publicity Release, in the form provided by Unity, within seven (7) days of attempted notification in order to claim Showcase Packages.
Any Showcase Package details not specified herein shall be determined solely by the Unity.
MARKETING & PROMOTION. Showcase Participants may have their Entries, Projects, PR Assets and names posted on all Unity media channels, including without limitation on Unity’s website, social media channels and the Unity Blog. Except where legally prohibited, by submitting to the Showcase, Showcase Participants hereby give Unity and its affiliates and consultants full permission, right and authority to use their likeness, photograph, name, hometown, Projects, Entries, PR Assets or any other information that they provide about themselves, their Projects, the Showcase, or Unity, for the purposes of advertising and promotion (in any media, including but not limited to in print media, television, film, video, radio, internet or otherwise) related to the Showcase, UNITE, Unity or the Unity software, services and/or communities, without any further notification or compensation to such Showcase Participants other than that set out herein.
- You represent and warrant that your entry is:
- Your own original work and that it does not violate any intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third party (including without limitation any privacy, publicity or publishing rights); and
- Not libelous, obscene or otherwise contrary to law. Use of obscenities, racist, sexist, hateful or other material or depictions that, in Unity's sole judgment, are inappropriate or offensive will disqualify an entry.
- You agree to:
- Be contacted by Unity or its agents by email; and
- Sign any requested documentation set forth in Section 5 (Unity’s Contribution) or 6 (Marketing & Promotion), including without limitation an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, in the event that you are selected to be a Showcase Participant.
- You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Showcase or any Showcase Package awarded shall be resolved under the laws of the State of California.
- Neither Unity nor any of its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, are responsible for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer transmissions, or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic or for phone, electrical, network, computer hardware or software program malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or for ISP/network/Web site accessibility or unavailability; any incorrect or inaccurate account information; any incorrect or inaccurate achievement information; human errors; technical malfunctions; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, accounts.
- False, fraudulent or deceptive acts shall render you ineligible.
- Players found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Showcase, as solely determined by Unity, will be disqualified.
- If disqualified for any tampering or abuses, Unity reserves the right to terminate your eligibility to participate in this Showcase or any other Showcase run by Unity.
- In the event any portion of this Showcase is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Unity which, in the sole opinion of Unity, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper participation in the Showcase, Unity reserves the right at their sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Showcase, and select Showcase Participants from participants’ accounts that can be determined by Unity to have not been compromised.
- All of Unity's decisions regarding the application and interpretation of these Official Rules and Conditions are final.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law:
- By submitting to the Showcase, you agree that Unity and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, shall not be liable for personal injuries, death, damages, expenses or costs or losses of any kind resulting from participation or inability to participate in this Showcase or acceptance of or use or inability to use a Showcase Package or parts thereof including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light (whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory; and
- You release the Unity and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and its directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns from any and all liability and responsibility with respect to a Showcase Package (including any property loss, damage, personal injury or death).
- You acknowledge that Unity and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, have neither made nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, related to a Showcase Package.
- By entering this Showcase, you agree that your personal information may be collected, used, by Unity and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, for the sole purpose of conducting, administering, and fulfilling the Showcase, including, without limitation notifying you if you are chosen as a potential Showcase Participant and for Showcase Package delivery.
- If allowed under applicable law, you may exercise their right to access and modify the personal information about them stored by Unity by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, and detailing their request.
SEVERABILITY. In the event any Provision of these Official Rules and Conditions prove unenforceable, void or incomplete, the validity of the other conditions will remain unaffected.
SPONSOR. The Showcase is sponsored by Unity Technologies APS, a Danish corporation having its principal place of business at Løvstræde 5, DK-1150 Copenhagen K, Denmark, on behalf of itself and its Affiliates. As used herein, the term “Affiliate” means an entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with Unity Technologies ApS.
© 2017 Unity Technologies. Unity Technologies ApS, Unity Technologies, Unity and their respective logos, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Unity Technologies ApS or its Affiliates. All rights reserved.