The future of filmmaking is real-time. Join the Revolution!
Unity brings the creative freedom and efficiency of a real-time workflow to CG content creators developing short, episodic, and feature-length stories.
The future of CG productions is here
For decades, the pipeline for VFX and CG animation traditional filmmaking has been painfully unoptimized. This is due to slow processing, lack of simultaneous collaboration among teams, and directorial choices that cannot be undone.
With a real-time workflow, you have lots of room for experimentation, which means low-stakes creation that saves immense amounts of money and time. Get ready to close the gap between your ideas and your final product.
The creative center of your pipeline
- Unprecedented collaboration among roles
- Brings artists out of silos for happier teams
- Lower-stakes experimentation (and fast feedback) unleash artistic freedom
- Extensible, so you can keep using your favorite tools
Double your productivity
- Cut production time in half
- Instant iteration – no more render farms!
- World-class, real-time cinematic tools and tech
- The Unity Asset Store gives you access to the largest marketplace of off-the-shelf assets
- Everything in previs is usable for your production — and no
- Huge resource savings
Future-proof your IP
- Reuse the same assets and scenes for companion experiences in virtual and augmented reality
- Take advantage of Unity’s VR ads (virtual rooms) and AR ad formats and capabilities — Unity is the third-largest mobile ad platform in the world
- Unparalleled support for emerging platforms – Unity partners with all the latest and greatest innovators
- Kickstart your marketing campaign or extend the life of your story with an interactive game or app
- Refine your long-term project on our annual stable build — or experiment with the latest features on cutting-edge builds and beta programs throughout the year
- Cinemachine. Use our best-in-class camera suite to cut sequences, automate camera behaviors, and compose the perfect shot.
- Timeline. Discover how our powerful new linear sequencing tool can help you edit videos, blend animations, and sync events and audio. You can also create a trailer, in real-time, on the spot.
- Post-Processing Stack. Easily apply realistic filters to your scenes using contemporary controls for high-quality visuals and fine tuning for more dramatic and realistic looks.
- Animation System. Improve your keyframing workflow with a comfortable and familiar new system that allows you to preview clips.
- DCC Import. Easy round-tripping from your favourite DCC software (e.g., Maya and 3DSMax) with our FBX Importer/Exporter.
- Recorder. Capture frames and export as an mp4 file instantly. You can also bring MoCap into Timeline tracks.
Real-time filmmaking takes center stage
Unity was an official sponsor of The Sundance Film Festival in 2018 and hosted a discussion with storytelling pioneers and industry leaders to discuss how real-time rendering is already revolutionizing the way that films are created, from pre-visualization to virtual production. Special guests included Academy Award-winner Ben Grossman of Magnopus and Pixar’s John Halstead.