Call for Submissions Terms & Conditions
Last updated: September 17, 2020
These terms and conditions (the “Submission Terms”), which supplement and incorporate the Unity Terms of Service, govern your participation in any Unity call for submissions (each, a “Call”).
By participating in a Call, you represent and affirm that you have read, understand and agree to be legally bound by and comply with these Submission Terms. If you do not agree with these Submission Terms, you are not authorized to participate in the Call.
1. Call for Submissions.
Each Call is designed to encourage Unity users to share their work by submitting projects to Unity (each, an "Entry") for the possibility of being featured on the Unity website in exchange for a Digital Badge.
The details for each Call (including start and end dates, Entry eligibility, process for submission, etc.) will be as set forth on Unity’s website.
2. Digital Badges.
If you respond to the Call with an eligible Entry, you will receive a "Digital Badge" for your profile.
Digital Badges are non-transferable, and there are no substitutions of the Digital Badge for cash, alternate goods or services. Notwithstanding the foregoing sentence, Unity reserves the right to provide a substitute of approximately equal value for any reason. DIGITAL BADGES ARE DISTRIBUTED “AS-IS” WITH NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
All federal, state, and local or any other applicable taxes, license, title, and/or registration fees or other costs, associated with the Digital Badge are the sole responsibility of the winner. Unity, Unity Admins, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, will not be responsible for any such taxes, fees, and costs.
3. Use of your Entry.
By submitting an Entry to Unity in answer to a Call, you:
- hereby grant to Unity and Unity Affiliates a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, world-wide right and license to (i) review and analyze your Entry in relation to this Call; and (ii) use your Entry or parts of your Entry in any media for any non-commercial or commercial purpose connection with the marketing, sale, or promotion of Unity, Unity Affiliates and its and their respective products and services;
- agree that you will execute any necessary paperwork for Unity and Unity Affiliates to use the rights and licenses granted hereunder;
- acknowledge and agree that you will not be compensated and may not be credited (at Unity’s sole discretion) for use of your Entry in accordance with these Submission Terms;
- acknowledge that the Unity may have developed or commissioned materials similar to your Entry; accordingly you hereby waive any claims resulting from any similarities to your Entry;
- understand that your Entry may be posted on a public website or social media channel and that Unity is not responsible for any unauthorized use of your Entry by visitors to such site; and
- understand and acknowledge that Unity is not obligated to use your Entry in any way.
Personal data you submit in relation to this Call will be used by Unity in accordance to Section 7 of these Submission Terms.
You are eligible to respond to aCall if you meet all of the following requirements as of the time and date of entry:
- You are eligible to use the Unity software in accordance with the Unity Terms of Service;
- You have Internet access, an email account, and access to a personal computer;
- You are NOT a resident of any region or country prohibited under the U.S. Export Regulations; and
- You are NOT on any U.S. Exportation Regulation prohibited list.
Please Note: it is entirely your responsibility to review and understand your employer’s policies about your eligibility to respond to a Call. If you participate in violation of your employer’s policies, you and your Entry may be disqualified from the Call. Unity disclaims any and all liability or responsibility with respect to disputes arising between an employer and such employer’s employee in relation to this matter.
5. Entry Guidelines.
All Entries must:
- be made using the Unity software;
- be your own original work;
- not have been submitted previously to Unity in any promotion of any kind;
- not contain material or content that:
- is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, pornographic, hateful, tortious, defamatory, or slanderous or libelous;
- promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual
- promotes discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, or tobacco;
- violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to rights of privacy, publicity, or their intellectual property rights;
- is inconsistent with the message, brand, or image of Unity, is unlawful; or
- is in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which the Entry is created.
- have obtained any and all consents, approvals, or licenses required for you to submit your Entry;
- not engage in false, fraudulent, or deceptive acts at any phase during your participation in the Call; or
- not tamper or abuse any aspect of this Call.
If you or the Entry is found to be ineligible for any reason, including but not limited to noncompliance with these Submission Terms or any Call details, Unity and its Affiliates reserve the right to disqualify the Entry and/or you from the Call and any other promotional activity.
7. Your Personal Data and Privacy.
Unity may use the personal data you provide via your participation in the Call:
- to contact you in relation to the Call;
- to confirm the details of your Entry;
- to administer and execute the Call;
- at Unity’s discretion, to credit you for the Entry or other similar notice; and
8. Additional Terms and Conditions.
Your use of any products and services required by these Submission Terms or any Call details are subject to the terms and conditions associated with such products or services.