Last updated: June 28, 2016
Your use of the Collaborate Services (as further described below) is subject to these Additional Terms (the “Collaborate Terms”), which supplement and incorporate the Unity Terms of Service. By accessing, purchasing or using the Collaborate Service in any manner, you represent and affirm that you have read, understand and agree to be legally bound by and comply with these Collaborate. If you do not agree with these Collaborate Terms, you are not authorized to use the Collaborate Service in any manner.
1. Collaborate Service Offerings.
- Unity provides a cloud-based storage and asset management solution that allows your team to collaboratively work on and manage assets for Your Project Content (the “Collaborate Service”).
- Unity may offer various Collaborate Service plans with different features and pricing. The terms and conditions of plans for the Collaborate Service will be made available at the plan pages on the Site or in the Service Panel. You should review and be aware of these plans and their details when selecting your plan.
- In the event that the Collaborate Service or Collaborate Service plans are bundled with other Unity products and services (“Bundled Collaborate Services”), these Collaborate Terms will govern your use of the Collaborate Service, unless provided otherwise in writing by Unity. Unless otherwise stated in writing by Unity, the Collaborate Service will be activated at the time when you first activate any one of the Bundled Collaborate Services. Unity reserves the right to make any changes to the Bundled Collaborate Services at any time.
2. Unity Collaborate Registration.
- In order to use the Collaborate Service, you need a Unity Account (or other accounts as directed by Unity).
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of all passwords and other credentials issued to or created by you or your Users. You are also responsible for any and all activities that occur on, through or under any such credentials or otherwise in connection Your Project Content or your accounts (including User accounts), whether undertaken by you or your Users; and you agree Unity is not responsible for any such activities. You acknowledge that this includes use of the Service Panel and any other interface that allows for configuration, management, monitoring and implementation of the Collaborate Service. You also agree to immediately notify Unity of any unauthorized use of any such account(s) or credentials, as well as any other security breach related to your account(s) (including User accounts), Unity Projects or use of the Collaborate Service.
- You agree that neither you nor any of your Users will, either directly or indirectly, encourage or engage in any of the following prohibited activities: (i) the use any technology or other means to automate the creation of any account or credentials for the Collaborate Service (such as creating accounts in bulk) or the downloading or uploading of materials from or to the Collaborate Service; (ii) accessing, searching or attempting to use any part of the Collaborate Service other than via the Collaborate Service’s publicly supported interfaces; (iii) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any part of the Collaborate Service; (iv) abusing referrals or promotions or other activity to get more storage space that deserved; (v) attempting to circumvent any storage limits or other license, timing or use restrictions associated with the Collaborate Service; (vi) breaching or attempting to breach any security or authentication measures; (vii) using the Collaborate Service to provide or assist any content delivery network functionality; (viii) selling, reselling, renting, leasing or otherwise supplying any part of the Collaborate Service to third parties; (ix) attempting to modify, copy or create a derivative work of any part of the Collaborate Service; (x) reverse engineering, disassembling or decompiling any part of the Collaborate Service or attempting to derive the software code of any part of the Collaborate Service; (xi) transmitting or storing personal or identifying data or information related to any individual or materials or content unrelated to Your Project Content; (xii) using the Collaborate Service in any manner that would violate any law or any intellectual property or privacy right of any person or party; (xiii) attempting to interfere with or disrupt any network or computer system related to the Collaborate Service (e.g., through a virus or by overloading Unity’s network infrastructure). You acknowledge that Unity reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate you and your Users’ ability to access and use the Collaborate Service in the event you or any of your Users violate any of the foregoing restrictions.
3. Use Rights.
- Your rights to use the Collaborate Service. Subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of the Agreement, Unity grants to you a limited, worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable (except as expressly permitted by Unity), non-sublicensable (except as expressly permitted by Unity), revocable, royalty-free license for you and your Users to access and use the Collaborate Service in connection with the development of Your Project Content. You acknowledge that any use of the Unity Software requires a separate, valid agreement between you and Unity.
- Unity’s rights to use Your Collaborate Content. By using the Collaborate Service, you grant Unity a limited, worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable, irrevocable right to use, store, reproduce, distribute and transmit your Collaborate Content for the sole purpose of providing the Collaborate Service. When you provide information about Your Project Content or Collaborate Content, you authorize Unity to use such information for the purpose of providing the Collaborate Service, including for automated polling of files to learn whether files have been updated and in connection with addressing support inquires.
- In the event a User is deemed by Unity to have violated these terms or used the Collaborate Service in a manner that creates liability for Unity, you agree to suspend or terminate that User’s access to Your Project Content and the Collaborate Service upon Unity’s request. You understand that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with you and your Users’ use of Collaborate Service.
- You shall be administratively and financially responsible for obtaining any release, consent, license or other right (collectively “Consents”) required for Unity to use, store, reproduce, distribute and transmit your Collaborate Content in connection with the Collaborate Service. Any costs associated with obtaining Consents are not included in the fees and are the solely your responsibility.
5. Account Cancellation or Permanent Deletion.
If you wish to have your Collaborate Service account permanently cancelled, you may email Unity at email@example.com and request that your Collaborate Service account be permanently cancelled. Unity will then delete your Collaborate Service account following such request. Thereafter you will no longer have access to your Collaborate Service account or any of your Collaborate Content, so you may want to make your own backup files of your Collaborate Content before requesting cancellation of your account.
You understand and acknowledge that you and your Users’ ability to access and use your account, the Collaborate Service and your Collaborate Content will cease once your account is cancelled or suspended and Unity may immediately delete your Collaborate Content at such time. Unity will not be liable to you or any third party in connection with any such cancellation, termination or the deletion of your Collaborate Content. Deletion of your Collaborate Service account will not delete your Unity Account or other Unity service accounts. Furthermore, Unity will have no obligation to maintain any information stored in our database related to your Collaborate Service account.
You are not required to provide Feedback to us, but in the event you do so, Unity will own the Feedback. You irrevocably assign to Unity all right, title and interest (including all intellectual property and proprietary rights) in and to any Feedback, which Unity, its affiliates and licensees may exploit without restriction.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING AND BACKING UP ANY CONTENT OR OTHER DATA YOU STORE VIA THE SERVICE.
- “Collaborate Content” as used in these Collaborate Terms means all computer files, text, graphics, images, music, audio, video, information, data and other materials or content that you or any of your Users upload, store or transmit to the Collaborate Service in connection with Your Project Content.
- “Feedback” as used in these Collaborate Terms means any suggestions or other feedback you provide to Unity or its affiliates regarding improvements to or additional features or functionality for the Collaborate Service, including, suggestions and feedback you post to the Site or other forums or properties owned or maintained by Unity.
- “Users” as used in these Collaborate Terms means you, your employees, your contractors and any others you affiliate with any of Your Project Content.
- “Your Project Content” means games, applications, software or other content that you develop with the Unity Software.