Install this version with Unity Hub
Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
Unity Editor Windows (X86-64)
Unity Editor macOS (X86-64)
New to Unity? Get started
- Added progress bar while decrypting downloaded Asset Store packages.
- iOS: Added support for iPad launch screens.
- iOS: Use launch screens as primary source for splash images.
- (none) - Analytics: Fixed Android READ_PHONE_STATE permission issue.
- (710044) - Android: Fix for physics performance spikes on ARM big.LITTLE devices.
- (717028) - Android: Fix for rendering performance regression when using the low-level native plugin interface.
- (712386) - Android: Fixed crash affecting some PowerVR 544 devices.
- (705138) - Android: Fixed INTERNET permission on Android even if there are no network calls in the scripts.
- (678003) - Android: Fixed sensor compensation issue affecting devices when rotated180 degrees.
- (699455) - Android: On some devices Screen.dpi returns more accurate values now.
- (none) - Android: Removed some egl errors from the log when probing for GLES API level.
- (708088) - Animation: Fixed animation window still recording when scene is saved.
- (719416) - AssetBundle: Fixed the issue that sometimes several AssetBundles will have same internal name.
- (718243) - AssetBundles: Fix to properly compute the hash value associated to an asset bundle based on the target platform.
- (721582) - BlackBerry: Fixed bug where the device would hang waiting for an internet connection when Cloud Project ID was set
- (724234) - BlackBerry: OnApplicationFocus now is called with the correct boolean value as a parameter
- (671844), (676419), (694332), (702955), (713785), (714013) - Direct3D 11: Fixed an occasional crash on exit related to Direct3D 11 libraries. It usually happened when Nvidia drivers were involved and "d3d11.dll_unloaded" was found in error reports.
- (687656), (693423) - Editor: Added a printed warning to the gameview if there is no fullscreen camera present.
- (707328) - Editor: Fixed shader GUI error in console when importing a package.
- (721563) - Editor: Fixed: Slowdown in Project window with Unity 5.
- (704016) - Editor: Made sure blendShapes normals are not imported if None is set in Import Setting.
- (701240) - Editor: Save correct quality settings when quitting Unity editor during the play mode.
- (711044) - Fixed an issue whereby Cache Server crashed on command 'nc -zv'.
- (722983) - Fixed broken positioning of render when upscaling to native desktop resolution in full screen mode (Direct3D 9 and Direct3D 11).
- (719494) - Fixed regression on GetNativeTextureID
- (708072) - Fixed Unity shader compiler crash when compiling for OpenGL target.
- (689461) - IL2CPP: Added support for access default parameter values via reflection.
- (717904) - IL2CPP: Allow a cast of T to IList (where BaseT is a base class of T) to work correctly.
- (723439) - IL2CPP: Correct C++ code generation when a struct inherits from a generic interface.
- (705898) - IL2CPP: Corrected a code generation error with the JsonFX library with the error message: "not implemented on non-abstract class".
- (719084) - IL2CPP: Corrected an error in the negation of a float converted from an unsigned integer.
- (715965) - IL2CPP: Fixed assert on socket error.
- (712553) - IL2CPP: Fixed error when using 64-bit Interlocked operations on 32-bit devices.
- (716138) - IL2CPP: Fixed pinning of structures with ExplicitLayout.
- (721435) - IL2CPP: Fixed reading pointers with multiple levels of indirection.
- (718696) - IL2CPP: Fixed unsafe pointer to struct assignment.
- (721329) - IL2CPP: Fixed various performance issues by doing less type initialization at startup.
- (700792) - IL2CPP: Implemented the correct rounding behavior (banker's rounding) for the Math.Round method.
- (722375) - IL2CPP: Prevent a NullReferenceException exception from being thrown in the KeyValuePair ToString method when the value is a reference type.
- (722433) - IL2CPP: Prevent an used block from being marked as dead during conversion if it is immediately after a try block with an explicit leave opcode.
- (715013) - IL2CPP: Prevented the exception "MissingMethodException: No constructor found for System.Resources.RuntimeResourceSet::.ctor(System.IO.UnmanagedMemoryStream)" from occurring when the TZ4NET assembly was used.
- (716991) - IL2CPP: Speed up retrieving classes by name.
- (701951) - iOS: Added support for Xcode 6.4.0.
- (708506) -iOS: Added work around mod_pbxproj.py issues with Xcode projects generated by Unity.
- (723961) - iOS: Fixed append regression when splash screens are changed in certain ways after initial build.
- (677907) - iOS: Fixed interop of OpenGL ES and Siri overlay.
- (718387), (720698) - iOS: Fixed system dynamic font support on iOS 9 where only the first font could be read from certain font collections and font substitutes, as identified by the OS, were not handled.
- (708549) - iOS: Fixed WWW crash when not keeping reference to instance.
- (720016) - iOS: Fixed WWW not reporting error in some cases.
- (none) - iOS/IL2CPP: Complete the IPv6 implementation.
- (717058) - iOS/Il2CPP: Corrected the behavior of Marshal.OffsetOf for structures with explicit packing.
- (712929) - iOS/IL2CPP: Fixed the comparison to Epsilon.
- (661630) , (690171) - iOS/IL2CPP: Implemented the CustomAttributeData.GetCustomAttributes methods for attributes with a default constructor.
- (706367) - Lightmapping: Fixed lightmap UV generation to be identical across platforms.
- (721174) - Mecanim: Fixed a rare crash occurring while a new level is been loaded with some StateMachineBehaviour referencing a prefab that could lead to a prefab corruption.
- (713552) - Mecanim: Fixed Transition inspector not showing the proper transition.
- (720436) - Networking: Fix for It is possible to set MinUpdate timeout to 0.
- (719156) - Networking: Fix for scene objects with NetworkTransform not synching.
- (721499) - Networking: Fix for some 'aissp' error is thrown on the server side when a client disconnects.
- (718824) - Networking: fix for UNET doesn't check message length correct.
- (718822) - Networking: Fix for User can set MinThreadAwakeTimeout to 0.
- (718027) - Networking: Prevent adding network connections that are not ready as observers.
- (none) - OpenGL ES: Fixed missing 1x1 mip levels in textures.
- (708698), (719654) - OpenGL: Fixed OSX standalone crash.
- OpenGL: Fixed shader compilation error when using GLSL precision qualifier.
- (718886) - OSX: Fixed startup crash with Mono.
- (682891), (694906), 707865) - Physics: Fixed crashes caused by wheel collider.
- (721704) - Physics: Fixed SliderJoint2D motor-speed backwards compatibility prior to 5.1.1p3.
- (718787) - Plugins: Editor would report incorrectly that native plugin is colliding with itself.
- (716978) - Profiler: Fixed Rendering detailed stats. Stats for Draw Calls and Total Batches were previously swapped.
- (704481) - Samsung TV: Fixed "Unknown Platform" error when passing "Samsung TV" to AudioImporter.ContainsSampleSettingsOverride.
- (717774) - Samsung TV: Fixed issue where Development builds would inappropriately report security errors.
- (716161) - ShaderCompiler: HLSL shader compilation fixed floating point division by zero by initialising x components of surfIN members to 1.0
- (699695) - Show profiler statistics of manually rendered camera.
- (none) - SpritePacker: Prevented Sprite Packing called randomly due to bug in hash Generation.
- (706040) - TreeEditor: Fixed the broken UI regression.
- (none) - UI: Fixed API breaking change where GetMousePointerEventData required a parameter.
- (none) - VR: Fixed GearVR and OSX issue with latest Plugin causing garbage rendering
- (711316) - VR: Fixed point light rendering issue with deferred renderer.
- (722915), (723184) - VR: Fixed regression with linear lighting and anti aliasing on windows.
- (721198) - VR: Fixed renderscale regression. Renderscale now functions correctly on GearVR.
- (none) - VR: Overall stability improved.
- (719328) - WebGL: Fixed "sanity check error" build failure on Windows.
- (723338) - WebPlayer: Fixed crashes on invalid file locks.
- (none) - Windows: SystemInfo.operatingSystem should return correct value on Windows 10 machines
- (none) - Xbox One: Fixed compute shaders on Xbox One.