Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
Unity Editor Windows (X86-64)
New to Unity? Get started
- IL2CPP: Android - improved building performance.
- iOS: Exposed EditorUserBuildSettings.iOSBuildConfigType in public API.
- IOS: Exposed ReplayKit streaming APIs to user scripts.
- Unity IAP: Support transaction receipt logging for all store platforms.
- Profiler: User profile markers in scripts now show in platform profilers even when the Unity profiler is not running.
- VR: Update Oculus to version 1.9.
Also includes relevant fixes from Unity 5.3.7.
- 2D: Fixed an issue with UV rounding errors when using the OverrideGeometry method on sprites. (823935)
- Analytics: Fixed an invalid userId issue on WebGL.
- Android: Added "Mute Other Audio Sources" option to Android player settings in editor.
- Android: By default lower volume of the background audio instead of muting it. (807983)
- Android: Fixed a case of audio stutter when launching Android player from a notification on the lockscreen. (818174)
- Android: Return internal temporary cache and persistent data paths when external paths are unavailable. (826201)
- Animation: Fixed a bug where deactivating a GameObject with an attached Animator might cause a crash. (822232)
- Animation: Fixed a crash when receiving null property modification in animation recording. (832837)
- Animation: Fixed an issue where Legacy animations could not be previewed. (845815)
- Animation: Fixed erroneous "Playable was not Disposed" message being displayed. (826047)
- Animation: Re-enabling playback/recording in play mode. (835544)
- Asset Bundles: Fixed the assetBundle property of AssetBundleCreateRequest so that it waits instead of returning null when the bundle is not yet ready (824009)
- Asset Bundles: Fixed a deadlock when decompressing LZMA bundle when stream had incompressible data. (844785, 841067)
- Asset Pipeline: Fixed a regression where AssetDatabase.SaveAssets won't save changes made to a prefab inside OnPostprocessAllAssets. (830110)
- Audio: Fixed a panning issue with spatialized sounds.
- Build player: Reverted the change, which saved relative paths for build target but introduced issues for targets that needed to browse for folders instead of files (WebGL, etc). (829898)
- CacheServer: Fixed creation of directories and an issue while sending file and socket was closed. (774264, 820297)
- Collab: Fixed crashes with collab toolbar. (819150, 808412)
- Editor: Fixed an issue with addition of duplicate references of auxiliary platform-specific editor DLLs to editor C# project. (832097)
- Editor: Fixed drag'n'drop of shader onto a material not setting the correct shader keywords. (819900)
- Editor: Fixed errors when capturing screen or sending images to remote. (793204)
- Editor: Fixed icon quality regression caused by unnecessary image scaling step. (807375)
- Editor: TargetInvocationException error no longer appears when importing Windows Store Apps plugins. (815720)
- Editor: Fixed Codesigning for Mac Editor to prevent firewall from asking multiple times for permission. (819351)
- Graphics: Fixed a crash in CommandBuffer.DrawRenderer of a particle renderer when current camera is null. (808298)
- Graphics: Fixed GPU instancing not working with procedurally generated meshes. (828380)
- Graphics: Fixed a memory leak when using the GI visualizers in the scene view.
- Graphics: Fixed incorrect batching of Renderers with different MaterialPropertyBlocks. (833783)
- Graphics: Fixed a potential crash when calling GetShaderSettingsForPlatform on Windows. (833425)
- Graphics: Prevent scene modifications from within OnPreRender callbacks, similar to other callbacks. (829694)
- Graphics: Texture2D.ReadPixels no longer reads from the wrong location on iOS/Metal when reading a subsection of an image. (826244)
- Graphics: Fix for dark lightmap when changing sun shadow strength in mixed lighting mode. (819092)
- Graphics: Fixed editor crash when opening old project that had legacy OpenGL2 selected. (819813, 829178)
- Graphics: Fixed an occasional TrailRenderer crash when using Clear script API. (829326, 818524)
- IL2CPP: A call to GetCurrentMethod in a generic method should return the generic method definition, not the inflated generic instance method. (840596)
- IL2CPP: Correctly marshal an out array of structures which uses the LPStruct marshaling directive. (842538)
- IL2CPP: Fixed generated C++ code not compiling when calling Math.Abs on an unsigned integer. (837974)
- IL2CPP: Return an empty array from GetGenericArguments when it is called on a MethodInfo object from a non-generic method. Previously the runtime incorrectly threw an assert in this case. (838259)
- iOS: Build and Run now doesn't clean Xcode project for Append builds. (839037)
- iOS: Fix a race condition when changing resolution on startup on Metal. (820885)
- iOS: Fix bug in retrieving of certain values of IScore larger than 32 bits. (820938)
- iOS: Improved performance by resizing the constant buffer pool adaptively on Metal. (820692)
- iOS: Fixed an input reset in editor when iOS device without Unity Remote is selected. (832368)
- iOS: Fixed issues with iOS Input.touchPressureSupported incorrectly reporting false. (834172)
- iOS: Fixed a crash when using Build and Run for iOS projects. (836165)
- iOS: Fixed editor hanging if app was already running in Xcode 7.x when using Build and Run. (843181)
- iOS: GameCenterPlatform.ShowLeaderboardUI now shows the specific leaderboard when requested (note, the symptoms are still observable on iOS 8.4 and 9.x due to a bug in the OS itself). (808537)
- iOS: ILeaderboard.LoadScores now does callback if SetUsersFilter is called. (801369)
- Kernel: Fixed local scale of duplicate game object not matching original local scale of game object if parent has rotation set. (815816)
- Multiplayer: Fixed a crash with StartAsClient. (827122, 804744)
- Multiplayer: Fixed issues concerning disconnect and error handling. (790431, 785347, 771860, 836170, 827884)
- Multiplayer: Fixed weaver error handling of not supported types. (761588, 820982, 773323)
- Multiplayer: Fixed weaver generation of Serialize and Deserialize functions. (756572, 737241, 775248)
- Particles: Don't allow prewarm on non-looping systems. (825180)
- Particles: Fixed a crash when using uninitialised curves. (833513)
- Particles: Fixed an issue when rendering during OnPreRender using RenderWithShader. (837680)
- Particles: Prevent restarting particle system when parent transform moves in the editor. (819881)
- Physics: Fixed interpolation of rigid bodies that was losing accuracy over time. That may have led to interpolated bodies moving in a jittery way after hours of gameplay. (843507)
- Physics: Ensure that BoxCollider2D.Cast correctly detects a multi-edge EdgeCollider2D. (833737)
- Physics: Ensure that BoxCollider2D/PolygonCollider2D with large vertex but small area is created correctly. (820300)
- Scripting: Fixed a crash on Invoke(null, …). (766144)
- Scripting: Fixed TransformDirection and InverseTransformDirection operations being affected by scale. (819962)
- Scripting: Prevent GetHostEntry from throwing a SocketException on Windows when the machine is not connected to any network. (840534)
- Shaders: Added shader macros to support LOD + sampler variations for cubemaps and texture arrays. (832292)
- Shaders: Fixes to tessellation shader compilation on OpenGL and OpenGL ES. (828454)
- Shaders: Fixed some cases of unsupported shader variants leading to a crash. (830078, 819705)
- Shaders: Fixed some cases where surface shader writing to o.Occlusion would not sample the texture with correct UVs. (765145, 840314, 710625, 730779)
- Tizen: Added loading indicator in Tizen.
- tvOS: Added support for top shelf wide image. (833452)
- UI: Fixed an issue where the Disabled Trigger animation was triggered on hovering over a Button when this was not Interactable. (826310)
- UI: Fixed a crash in RectTransform because it would send messages on the loading thread. (824011)
- UI: Fixed a crash when deleting GameObject with ScrollView component. (819770)
- UI: Improved performance of SetParent in deeply nested UI panels. (814484)
- VR: Fixed a crash when switching between VR mode and non-VR mode with image effects applied. (829379)
- VR: Fixed issue with Oculus causing controller input to fail for bumpers.
- VR: Fixed VRSettings.renderViewportScale when single-pass stereo rendering is enabled. (817835)
- VR: VRDevice.isPresent now works correctly when HMD is occluded from base stations in OpenVR. (818159)
- VR: Fixed a crash in certain conditions when checking if device is available in OpenVR. (819998)
- WebRequest: DownloadHandlerAssetBundle will become done once download finishes. (834148)
- WebRequest: Fixed a crash when downloaded asset bundle had zero size. (834583)
- WebRequest: Fixed redirect to a relative URL. (833647)
- Windows Store: Location services can be enabled or disabled while the app is still running. (829648)
- Windows Store: Player preferences are no longer lost between game sessions. (835218)
- Windows Store: Fixed a crash in multi scene system caused by internal managers being garbage collected. (821570)
- Windows Store: Fixed incorrect instanceID for component when cloning object with component contained in a struct inside list. (838737)
- Windows: Prevent some cases of invalid window sizes causing D3D surface creation to fail. (825082).
- Windows: Fixed potential lock when in fullscreen exclusive mode and minimising/maximising screen. (837783)