Install this version with Unity Hub
Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
Unity Editor Windows (X86-64)
Unity Editor macOS (X86-64)
New to Unity? Get started
- iOS: iOS9 app slicing support.
- iOS: iOS9 on demand resource support.
- Android: On some devices Screen.dpi returns more accurate values.
- Editor: Added progress bar while decrypting downloaded Asset Store packages.
- Graphics: Added overloads to CommandBuffer.SetRenderTarget() to allow specifying a target mip level and cubemap face.
- Improved ETC1 based policy for grouping of sprites on an atlas.
- iOS: Added frameworks new in iOS 8.0 to 9.0 to the plugin importer UI.
- iOS: Added support for iPad launch screens
- iOS: Exposed option in Player Settings to temporary disable Application Transport Security checks in iOS 9.0.
- iOS: Now support access to iOS9 data assets within asset catalogs via virtual filesystem.
- Networking: Added NetworkManager.UseExternalClient() function that allows the NetworkManager to use a client object created externally to the NetworkManager instead of using StartClient(). This was required to use custom NetworkConnection classes with connections made by the NetworkManager.
- VR: Oculus: Upgraded to 0.7 dependencies.
- iOS: Use launch screens as primary source for splash images.
- VR: For Windows Oculus Development, the Oculus 0.7.0.0 runtime is required in order to run in VR mode. Future releases will also require this runtime going forward.
- (711225) - 2D : Fixed memory leak when using Sprite object field in custom inspector.
- (572545) - 2D: Clamp sprite pivot values (-100k to 100k) now instead of accepting any value (including infinity).
- (722701) - Analytics: Fixed data dispatcher to send data after airplane mode is turned OFF on iOS.
- (716159) - Android - Fixed fallback to Gamma color space rendering for projects that are configured to use linear rendering.
- (710244) - Android - Fixed status bar not shown and touch offset on Kitkat+ when using native activity.
- (705138) - Android: Fixed INTERNET permission on Android even if there are no network calls in the scripts.
- (678003) - Android: Fixed sensor compensation issue affecting devices when rotated180 degrees.
- (none) - Android: Removed some egl errors from the log when probing for GLES API level.
- (717028) - Android: Fixed performance regression when using native rendering plugins.
- (708088) - Animation: Fixed an issue whereby animation window was still recording when scene was saved.
- (718709) - API Updater: Fixed crash in AssemblyUpdater when a type had methods with names starting with get_/set_ .
- (679703) - Asset Loading: Now allow extension dlls to be imported outside of project folder.
- (719416) - AssetBundle: Fixed the issue that sometimes several AssetBundles would have same internal name.
- (722104) - Bug Reporter: Fixed email field not being saved on Windows 10.
- (none) - D3D12: Fixed a crash when using compute buffers.
- (none) - D3D: Fixed broken positioning of render when upscaling to native desktop resolution.
- (715666) - D3D: Mouse coordinates no longer go out of bounds when upscaling to desktop resolution.
- (713782) - Deployment Management: Fixed OSX non development players crash on startup.
- (712887) - Deployment Management: Include assets inside Resources folder in the build size report.
- (687656), (693423) - Editor: Added a printed warning to the gameview if there is no fullscreen camera present.
- (none) - Editor: Fixed 'Access denied' error on Windows when trying to move readonly files.
- (666743) - Editor: Fixed an issue where calling EditorWindow.GetWindow() too early could cause the editor to crash.
- (705555) - Editor: Fixed A bug when opening new project threw "Moving file failed" dialog on Mac.
- (719367) - Editor: Fixed scene view picking when in linear mode.
- (725519) - Editor: Fixes crash when exiting play-mode with Alphabetical Sort enabled.
- (704016) - Editor: Made sure blendShapes normals were not imported if None was set in Import Setting.
- (701240) - Editor: Save correct quality settings when quitting Unity editor during the play mode.
- (721563) - Editor: Slowdown in Project window with Unity 5.
- (722655) - GI: Calculate atlas index offset correctly when snapshotting a scene.
- (714050), (701937) - GI: Fixed the case where GI file not found errors were displayed when upgrading project to Unity 5.2.
- (718263) - GI: Fixed a crash when moving reflections probes in GI visualisation views.
- (none) - GI: Fixed loading a LightmapSnapshot.asset with realtime GI data. The issue was introduced in 5.2.0p1.
- (720748) - Graphics: Fixed global shader property changes done from Light CommandBuffers not affecting later rendering (5.2 regression).
- (719494) - Graphics: Fixed regression on GetNativeTextureID
- (689461) - IL2CPP: Added support for access default parameter values via reflection.
- (717904) - IL2CPP: Allow a cast of T to IList (where BaseT is a base class of T) to work correctly.
- (702684) - IL2CPP: Allow il2cpp.exe to work if a '#' character is in the installation path.
- (714759) - IL2CPP: Allow WebRequest to work with IPv6 addresses.
- (705898) - IL2CPP: Corrected a code generation error with the JsonFX library with the error message: "not implemented on non-abstract class".
- (719084) - IL2CPP: Corrected an error in the negation of a float converted from an unsigned integer.
- (723439) - IL2CPP: Corrected C++ code generation when a struct inherits from a generic interface.
- (717058) - Il2CPP: Corrected the behavior of Marshal.OffsetOf for structures with explicit packing.
- (700792) - IL2CPP: Implemented the correct rounding behavior (banker's rounding) for the Math.Round method.
- (661630), (690171) - IL2CPP: Implemented the CustomAttributeData.GetCustomAttributes methods for attributes with a default constructor.
- (722375) - IL2CPP: Prevent a NullReferenceException exception from being thrown in the KeyValuePair ToString method when the value is a reference type.
- (722433) - IL2CPP: Prevent a used block from being marked as dead during conversion if it is immediately after a try block with an explicit leave opcode.
- (715013) - IL2CPP: Prevent the exception "MissingMethodException: No constructor found for System.Resources.RuntimeResourceSet::.ctor(System.IO.UnmanagedMemoryStream)" from occurring when the TZ4NET assembly is used.
- (674706) - IL2CPP: Allow GetCurrentProcess to work.
- (none) - IL2CPP: Allow il2cpp.exe to run when its installation path includes a '#' character followed by a space character.
- (690171) - IL2CPP: Corrected a KeyNotFoundException during code generation in the VTableBuilder.GetVirtualMethodTargetMethod method of il2cpp.exe.
- (712470) - IL2CPP: Corrected Marshal.OffsetOf when using enums fields with FieldOffsetAttribute
- (712713) - IL2CPP: Ensure methods needed for enum arrays are converted.
- (715965) - IL2CPP: Fixed assert on socket error.
- (712929) - IL2CPP: Fixed comparison to Epsilon.
- (712553) - IL2CPP: Fixed error when using 64-bit Interlocked operations on 32-bit devices.
- (716138) - IL2CPP: Fixed pinning of structures with ExplicitLayout.
- (721435) - IL2CPP: Fixed reading pointers with multiple levels of indirection.
- (718696) - IL2CPP: Fixed unsafe pointer to struct assignment.
- (721329) - IL2CPP: Fixed various performance issues by doing less type initialization at startup.
- (676797) - IL2CPP: Implemented the IsTransparentProxy icall, which always returned false.
- (710797), (705882) - IL2CPP: Prevent a type T from being stripping if it is used an GenericClass field in a MonoBehavior or ScriptableObject that is already being preserved.
- (716991) - IL2CPP: Speed up retrieving classes by name.
- (none) - iOS/IL2CPP: Completed the IPv6 implementation.
- (723961) - iOS: Fixed append regression when certain splash screens are changed after initial build.
- (704992) - iOS: Fixed path stripping when trailing characters are present
- (707385) - iOS: Fixed touch screen keyboard when switching between single/multi line.
- (708549) - iOS: Fixed WWW crash when not keeping reference to instance.
- (677907) - iOS: Fixed interop of OpenGL ES and Siri overlay
- (none) - iOS: Fixed iOS 9 side by side multitasking. It will work only if target resolution is native and it's not being overridden via script.
- (none) - iOS: Fixed multitasking snapshot creation.
- (709943), (716625), (713488) - iOS: Fixed numerous issues on iOS7 related to restoring app from background.
- (718387), (720698) - iOS: Fixed system dynamic font support on iOS 9 where only the first font could be read from certain font collections and font substitutes, as identified by the OS, were not handled.
- (none) - iOS: Fixed WWW not reporting error in some cases (like no networking available).
- (706367) - Lightmapping: Fixed lightmap UV generation to be identical across platforms.
- (718896) - Mecanim: Allow SMB function call even when Animator is disabled but updated manually by user.
- (717680) - Mecanim: Fixed a crash when reimporting animations used in an overridecontroller.
- (722058) - Mecanim: Fixed a crash when setting an Override Controller with no controller to override.
- (none) - Mecanim: Fixed memory leak with Animator.
- (719292) - Mecanim: Fixed null reference when creating transition to an empty state machine.
- (713552) - Mecanim: Fixed Transition inspector not showing the proper transition.
- (none) - Mecanim: Fixes crash when having an OnStateMachineEnter on first eval.
- (719156) - Networking: Fixed scene objects with NetworkTransform not synching.
- (718027) - Networking: Prevent adding network connections that are not ready as observers.
- (none) - OpenGL ES: Fixed missing 1x1 mip levels in textures.
- (708698) - OpenGL: Fixed OSX standalone crash
- (719654) - OpenGL: Fixed shader compilation error when using GLSL precision qualifier.
- (708072) - OpenGL: Fixed Unity shader compiler crash when compiling for OpenGL target.
- (624081) - Particles: Fixed issue causing batched particles drawn after an object with negative scale to flip and become invisible.
- (714872) - Particles: Fixed issue where moving emitters in the editor would cause them to emit their particles along a trajectory from their start position.
- (none) - Physics2D: Ensure that 'Infinity' cannot be specified for 2D collider offset.
- (707400) - Physics2D: Stop Rigidbody2D X/Y Constraints from occasionally moving the body to the world origin.
- (713073) - Physics2D: Stop trigger-contacts being reported early when using continuous collision detection.
- (721704) - Physics: Fixed SliderJoint2D motor-speed backwards compatibility prior to 5.1.1p3.
- (718787) - Plugins: Editor would report incorrectly that native plugin is colliding with itself.
- (716978) - Profiler: Fixed Rendering detailed stats. Stats for Draw Calls and Total Batches were previously swapped.
- (699695) - Profiler: Show profiler statistics of manually rendered camera.
- (704481) - Samsung TV: Fixed "Unknown Platform" error when passing "Samsung TV" to AudioImporter.ContainsSampleSettingsOverride.
- (717774) - Samsung TV: Fixed issue where Development builds would inappropriately report security errors.
- (718017) - Samsung TV: Fixed issue where some textures would not display properly on 2013 TVs.
- (none) - Scripting: GL.IssuePluginEvent(eventID) is now obsolete.
- (724452) - Shaders: Fixed GrabPass missing game view viewport offset in the editor.
- (716161) - Shaders: HLSL shader compilation fIxed floating point division by zero by initialising x components of surfIN members to 1.0.
- (none) - SpritePacker: Prevent Sprite Packing called randomly due to bug in hash Generation.
- (719252) - Tizen: Fixed crashes on launch of Tizen projects.
- (none) - Tizen: Fixed Tizen Store certification errors.
- (none) - Tizen: Implemented an API to retrieve the window handle.
- (none) - Tizen: Improvements to error messages.
- (719777) - UI: Fixed crash related to using multiple materials / submeshes on UI elements.
- (721345), (722086) - UI: Fixed ScrollRect causing immediate child view with LayoutGroup to not get layout callbacks.
- (684885) - UI: Fixed issue where Selectables (image, toggle, etc) would hold a reference to a sprite when a new scene was loaded. This would lead to the sprite staying in memory even if the reference was not in the new scene.
- (204016) - UI: RawImage component now uses the same vertex generation code as normal image components fixing a slight vertex offset error.
- (716209) - Universal Windows Apps: Fixed crash in WebcamTexture.
- (717274) - Universal Windows Apps: Fixed plugin processing.
- (712699) - Universal Windows Apps: Splash screen is correctly resized with app window.
- (715960) - Version Control: Do not use cached status for checking editability in VCS.
- (none) - VisualStudio - Fixed a bug where VisualStudio could fail to open if it was busy while Unity was trying to open it.
- (711316) - VR: Fixed point light rendering issue with deferred renderer.
- (722915), (723184) - VR: Fixed regression with linear lighting and anti aliasing on windows.
- (none) - VR: Fixed GearVR plugin issue. GearVR builds now render properly.
- (722122) - VR: GearVR: Fixed gles20 rendering crash.
- (none) - VR: Overall stability improved.
- (716227) - Windows Phone 10: Fixed an issue whereby the touchscreen keyboard was not working.
- (none) - Windows Phone: Fixed RuntimeInitializeOnLoad to support WP8.1.
- (712688) - Windows Store Apps: App window is correctly activated with independent input source enabled.
- (710903) - Windows Phone 8: Fixed an issue with build and run for projects with spaces in their names.
- (720701) - Windows Store Apps: Fixed invalid IL code in UnityEngine.Networking.dll.
- (none) - Windows Store Apps: UnityEngine.pdb file is installed along UnityEngine.dll.
- (712019) - WSA/UWP: Hide D3D11 warning D3D11_MESSAGE_ID_SETPRIVATEDATA_CHANGINGPARAMS.
- Scene view picking in linear color space does not work for DX11 in 2x MSAA (quality: fantastic). The workaround is to set quality to less than "fantastic". This issue will be fixed in a future patch release.