Install this version with Unity Hub
Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
Unity Editor Windows (X86-64)
Unity Editor macOS (X86-64)
New to Unity? Get started
- Tizen: Static splash screens are now supported.
- Android: Added support for real 16bit RGB565 backbuffer.
- iOS: Make WWW.text to actually contain error response in case of non-200 status.
- Physics: Renamed 'CollisionDetectionMode2D.None' to 'CollisionDetectionMode2D.Discrete' (Will be auto-updated).
- VR: Added an option to allow Cameras to render specifically to left/right eye for stereo 3D.
- WebGL: Added WebGLInput.captureAllKeyboardInput API to allow web page content to get keyboard input.
- BlackBerry: SystemInfo.deviceModel now returns a useful model string value instead of a hexadecimal number.
- Samsung TV: Users are now able to set the system language via SamsungTV.SetSystemLanguage. Users will need to fetch the system language via Samsung's GSP API plugin.
- Windows Standalone: Player exe is no longer signed, icon and version modifications will no longer have digital signature errors.
- Xbox One: Unity is now built using the June 2015 QFE 1 XDK. You will need to have this XDK installed on your PC and use the matching or a later recovery.
- (709326) - 2D: Fixed spriteRenderer overwriting materials for objects in case of multiple selection.
- (707880) - 2D: Prevent all editing in Sprite Editor Window during play mode.
- (none) - Android: Audio - Fixed CPU consumption by FMODAudioDevice thread on GearVR.
- (none) - Android: Fixed call to ES API without current context.
- (701873) - Android: Fixed performance regression in Resources.Load.
- (703999) - Android: Fixed texture compression setting for RGBA textures.
- (694503) - Asset Loading: Fixed missing references when scene is loaded from an asset bundle which contains multiple scenes.
- (707079) - AssetBundle: Fixed the crash when a scriptable object is referenced from the scene.
- (683134) - AssetBundle: Fixed the issue that AssetBundle with packed textures includes source textures in addition to the atlased version.
- (670282) - BlackBerry: Fixed crash that would happen with some projects on the Passport after consecutive runs.
- (704009) - BlackBerry: Fixed crash when using Development builds on the STL-001 device.
- (none) - BlackBerry: Fixed issue that would cause a grey screen to appear between the splash screen and the start of the game.
- (673296) - Editor: Enabling Script Only Build option will only affect platforms that allow the option.
- (708787) - Editor: Fixed 'Timestamps and assets out of sync' error when renaming a folder outside of Unity and deleting an asset inside of it.
- (709495) - Editor: When saving a scene in the Windows editor, the characters from the dynamic fonts would disappear.
- (707688) - GI: Fixed crash when building lighting.
- (none) - GI: Fixed issue with baking getting stuck on the bake indirect stage.
- (690395) - Graphics: Added extra protection against depth buffer in editor windows being accidentally disabled.
- (693316) - Graphics: Configurable vertex compression to fix lightmap UVs shifting.
- (697054) - Graphics: Fixed a crash compressing an already compressed texture in script.
- (678429) - Graphics: Fixed an issue where setting RenderSettings.reflectionIntensity via script had no effect on the scene.
- (700698) - Graphics: Fixed artifacts in alpha channel of ATC-compressed RGBA textures when using Mac OS X Editor.
- (679342) - Graphics: Fixed CaptureScreenshot on DX11 when using non-native fullscreen resolution.
- (691477) - Graphics: Fixed crash calling GetPixels with a 0x0 texture
- (662018) - Graphics: Fixed swizzling of BGRA32 texture data on D3D11 and Xbox360.
- (681662) - Graphics: Switching shaders in material inspector should reset material's render queue to default.
- (701319) - Graphics: When using COLORMASK and D3D9, the mask was not correctly set for MRT render targets.
- (702323) - IMGUI: Fixed text vertical position shifting during edit when the line height is too big for the box.
- (697178) - Input / OSX standalone: Mouse buttons are registered when configuring input settings.
- (704815) - Input: Fixed touch input hanging a Windows application if a second 'touch window' is created in a plugin.
- (704335) - Inspector Functionality: Fixed component Help buttons on OS X.
- (701951) - iOS: Added Xcode 6.4 compatibility.
- (706601) - iOS: Fixed a regression that caused very poor performance of trying to load non-existing system fonts.
- (709024) - iOS: Fixed crash accesing WebCamTexture videoRotationAngle and videoVerticallyMirrored before it is fully inited.
- (709063) - iOS: Fixed snapshot creation (when going to background) on pre-ios8.
- (674706) - iOS/IL2CPP: Allow GetCurrentProcess to work.
- (none) - iOS/IL2CPP: Allow il2cpp.exe to run when its installation path includes a '#' character followed by a space character.
- (711284) - iOS/IL2CPP: Allow the AssemblyName::GetPublicKeyToken method to return an array of only eight bytes.
- (709995) - iOS/IL2CPP: Corrected a problem with the generated C++ code which caused the C++ compiler error: "Member reference base type 'intptr_t' (aka 'long') is not a structure or union" when unsafe C# code was used to index into an array of pointers to structures.
- (689976) - iOS/IL2CPP: Corrected an intermittent hang which could occur in the garbage collector.
- (712470) - iOS/IL2CPP: Corrected Marshal.OffsetOf when using enums fields with FieldOffsetAttribute.
- (712713) - iOS/IL2CPP: Ensure methods needed for enum arrays are converted.
- (708876) - iOS/IL2CPP: Fixed binary operations using mixed integer types.
- (770440) - iOS/IL2CPP: Fixed bug in Boo script related to generic interface methods.
- (689586) - iOS/IL2CPP: Fixed CultureInfo.GetCultures().
- (none) - iOS/IL2CPP: Fixed marshaling code for IntPtr parameters marked with [Out] attribute.
- (708527) - iOS/IL2CPP: If "Fast but no Exceptions" is selected, any managed exception which escapes out of managed code will cause the AppDomain.UnhandledException event - to be executed and application will abort (this is the same behavior as the Mono scripting backend).
- (676797) - iOS/IL2CPP: Implemented the IsTransparentProxy icall, which always returns false.
- (705751) - iOS/IL2CPP: Implemented the previously unsupported AppDomain::InternalGetDefaultContext and AppDomain::InternalGetContext icalls.
- (none) - iOS/IL2CPP: Improved performance of 'is' operator, 'as' operator, and casting in some cases.
- (710797), (705882) - iOS/IL2CPP: Prevent a type T from being stripping if it is used an GenericClass field in a MonoBehavior or ScriptableObject that is already being preserved.
- (711712) - iOS/IL2CPP: Prevent the following error from il2cpp.exe at conversion time: "Attempting to constrain a value of type 'X' to type 'Y'." for two different types X and Y.
- (none) - iOS/IL2CPP: Properly look up a type using the Type.GetType(string) method during a case-insensitive search.
- (none) - iOS/Metal: Fix potential geometry corruption
- (650630) - Mac OS X Standalone: Fixed stripping of debug symbols in release player builds.
- (none) - Mecanim: Fixed a bug where a state machine moved to another state machine would disappear.
- (705342) - Mecanim: Fixed performance regression for AnimationUtility.SetEditorCurve().
- (none) - Merge Tool: Correctly handle invalid non-unique mapping keys that Unity generates.
- (none) - Merge Tool: Fixed empty base/right files when falling back and used from cmdline and premerge dests are not set.
- (none) - Merge Tool: Fixed merge conflict when mine and theirs have both added a component of different type to the same GameObject.
- (none) - Merge Tool: Fixed the error about non existing merge tool path after falling back to 3rd party merge tool on OSX.
- (693714) - Metal: Fixed shader translation of matrix+scalar, matrix-scalar, matrix/scalar operations.
- (693714) - Metal: Fixed some issues with shader translation of matrices with different precision.
- (none) - Mono: Double traverse object count to avoid stack overflow when freeing huge amounts of objects.
- (none) - Mono: Fixed monotonic timer overflow to allow usage of timing functions like those in System.Threading with extended uptime.
- (none) - Networking: Fix for llapi statistic function + new statistic function GetNetworkLostPacketNum().
- (none) - Networking: Timing service is working now.
- (none) - OS X: Fixed building on OS X El Capitan.
- (706330) - OSX standalone: Fixed mouse input and rendering issues after the application is moved to a different screen and is made fullscreen.
- (704468) - Physics: Fixed 'Physics2D.GetRayIntersectionXXX' methods being affected by 'Physics2D.raycastsStartInColliders'.
- (703073) - Physics: Fixed an issue where OnTriggerStay would not be called on children in compound colliders.
- (705148) - Physics: Fixed incorrect depth sorting for results of 'Physics2D.GetRayIntersectionXXX' methods.
- (692675) - Physics: Fixed WheelCollider not being able to ignore collisions with vehicle body colliders that were added to the already initialised vehicle.
- (691057) - Physics: Fixed WheelCollider suspension raycasts being unable to ignore intersections with the car’s body the wheel has been attached to, occasionally.
- (none) - Physics2D: Now 'Infinity' cannot be specified for 2D collider offset.
- (707400) - Physics2D: Stop Rigidbody2D X/Y Constraints from occasionally moving the body to the world origin.
- (713073) - Physics2D: Stop trigger-contacts being reported early when using continuous collision detection.
- (none) - Samsung TV: Added missing Indian character sets to 2015 TV.
- (none) - Samsung TV: Fixed freetype crash on 2013 TV.
- (none) - Samsung TV: Fixed issue where UnityAnalytics was initializing improperly.
- (none) - Samsung TV: Fixed race condition that could cause intermittent crashes when managed threads were being used.
- (695246) - Scripting: Fixed potential crashes during domain reloads when user code throws NullReferenceException in AppDomain.DomainUnload / AppDomain.ProcessExit events.
- (643440) - Serialization: Fixed incorrect clamping of LayerMask when set through SerializedProperty.intValue.
- (711981) - Substance: Fixed crash in iOS/il2cpp builds caused by uninitialized SubstanceSystem.
- (706380) - Substance: Fixed crash with BakeAndDiscard ProceduralMaterials.
- (none) - Substance: Using _TexelSize in shaders now works correctly with ProceduralTextures.
- (none) - Tizen: Fixed an issue with sound stopping when apps are interrupted.
- (none) - Tizen: Fixed corrupted audio.
- (none) - Tizen: Fixed errors when building projects that contain spaces in the path.
- (715415) - Tizen: Fixed issue where Good autorotation orientations were incorrect.
- (none) - Tizen: Resolve deployment problems on Windows.
- (693283), (672115) - UI: Fixed issue in UI components Slider, Outline, Shadow & Position as UV1 not updating when their values are animated.
- (714670) - UI: Fixed Toggle component not updating when animated.
- (none) - UnityAnalytics: Fixed RemoteConfig restore of int values.
- (none) - UnityAnalytics: Remote config fix added.
- (none) - Version Control: Fixed assets version control cache state not being updated after scene reload.
- (none) - Version Control: Invalidate version control cache on refresh button click in versioning window.
- (695727) - VR Oculus: Camera Viewport Rect now takes up the appropriate amount of Screen space.
- (703281) - VR Oculus: Fixed crash when trying to access VRSettings.GetNativePtr while the Oculus HMD was not connected.
- (none) - VR Oculus: HMD can now be connected to application after it has already started. It can also be disconnected and reconnected during application run time.
- (none) - VR Oculus: Update to latest oculus dependencies.
- (none) - VR: Camera transforms now reset when VRSettings.enabled is false or the loadedDevice is set to none. Camera parent transforms are not effected.
- (713630) - VR: Fixed several VR lifecycle related crashes.
- (none) - VR: Fixed stereo rendering regression.
- (none) - VR: Improved MSAA performance by only antialiasing eye textures, not the composited back buffer.
- (691345) - VR: Reenable vsync when device is disconnected.
- (none) - VR: Virtual Reality Supported toggle in player settings no longer recreates the Graphics Device. VRSettings defaults to enabled and oculus if Virtual Reality is supported.
- (714022) - VR: VRDevice.isPresent now returns expected value.
- (none) - WebGL: Allow Type.GetType(string) and its overloaded methods to work without Exception Support set to Full. IL2CPP: Properly look up a type using the Type.GetType(string) method during a case-insensitive search.
- (700861) - WebGL: Fixed backspace key navigating away from page in Chrome.
- (714545) - WebGL: Fixed empty Input.inputString.
- (705045) - WebGL: Fixed mouse button state after double click.
- (712636) - WebGL: Fixed UI keyboard inputs.
- (704235) - WebGL: Fixed WebGL builds of projects with long path names on Windows.
- (711745) - Windows Store Apps: Application.isMobilePlatform will now return true.
- (710069) - Windows Store Apps: Fixed incorrectly reported PlayerPrefs corruption after upgrading to Unity 5.1.
- (710038) - Xbox One: Fixed error for uninitialized player settings
- (708668) - Xbox One: Fixed instances where Compute Shaders would not compile.
- (705618) - Xbox One: Fixed spelling errors in ESRB ratings strings in the Player Settings.
- (701308) - Xbox One: Level and asset files are paired correctly in the auto-generated package manifest.
- (none) - Xbox One: Mono: Double traverse object count to avoid stack overflow when freeing huge amounts of objects.
WebGL: Building for WebGL on Windows will fail with a "sanity check error". As a workaround, Unity.exe can be launched with Administrator privileges.