Unity 5.4.0 Beta 8
Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
Unity Editor Windows (X86-64)
5.4.0b8 Release Notes
- After expand/collapse Unity Editor window looks corrupted. If you maximize/minimize/click on windows in Editor they'll return to normal state.
- GPU Instancing: Instancing might get broken under glcore if graphics jobs are enabled.
- Graphics: with the new jobs enabled, reflection probes might render incorrectly in rare cases.
- In deferred rendering, lightmapped objects affected by mixed-mode lights will fallback to forward rendering.
- On Windows with MSAA and Image Effects, game view can be rendered upside down
- Shadows: Directional shadows will present shadow acnee when using a custom projection matrice and a very large frustum (20k+)
- VR: Single-Pass-Stereo causes some lighting problems
- [Billboard][LOD] Unity crashes when picking deleted Speedtree Billboard LOD level
- [IMGUI][OSX][Regression] Detached tab is not moved slightly with the cursor after opening project with changed layout in 5.4
- [Regression][5.4][RTP] RTP Terrain shader rendering is broken after upgrading project to 5.4
- Editor: Add api to toggle preventing cross-scene references on/off.
- Editor: Discard changes' in scene context menu: Reloads selected modified scenes
- GI: Improved light update performance
- Multiplayer: Make matchName and matchSize serializable attributes so they can save on the network manager
- Scripting: Added array APIs to Shader and CommandBuffer class.
- Animation: Fixed an issue where Rotation values would change on save
- Animation: Fixed an issue where Rotation values would stay applied to objects after exiting Animation Mode
- Editor: Fixed curves in particle system inspector not showing negative values initially
- Editor: Fixed squashed vector fields in material editor
- Global Illumination: Fixed multi-scene baking
- Global Illumination: In editor, avoid some of automatic GI overhead when GI is turned off
- Graphics: Added profiler markers on async texture loading waits
- Linux: Fixed flickering/corrupted rendering with OpenGL Core
- Linux: Fixed non-native-resolution fullscreen rendering with OpenGL Core
- Multiplayer: Clean up MatchInfo UI in the NetworkManager play mode inspector
- Multiplayer: Explicitly Dispose() WWW object in MatchMaker callback handler when done with it.
- Multiplayer: Fixed bug where connecting to a non https MatchMaker after joining 1 match would fail in all cases
- Multiplayer: Fixed issue where an error response from the server could lead to undesirable console output in non error cases when setting the match auth token
- Multiplayer: Fixed issue where default matchmaker port was 80 instead of 443 in 1 code path
- Multiplayer: Fixed issue with matchSize being incorrectly used from a join match response
- Multiplayer: Fixed UI panel on NetworkManager for match max size and name, as well as add in tooltip info for both
- Multiplayer: Fixed up MatchMaker URI to be correct with http:// prefix as default
- Plugins: Fixed Editor crash, when trying to set plugin settings for deprecated platforms.
- Shaders: Fixed case of animated standard shader Emission being wrongly overriden by material inspector
- Shadows: Fixed shadow error messages happening in some cases
- Shadows: Fixed shadows disappearing for some off-screen shadows casters
- Shadows: Prevent setting out-of-range shadow strength
The following are changes and fixes to 5.4.0 features and regressions...
- Graphics: GPU Instancing: Instancing now works on OpenGL 4.1 (GLCore device) under Windows, OS X and Linux.
- 2D: Fix Error message appears when clicking Slice button in Sprite Editor Window
- Android/IL2CPP: Fix Unity IAP on Android with IL2CPP
- DX11: Fixed game view sometimes resulting in offset black bars in image effects or GrabPass
- Editor: Fixed for shift-space not working for web views
- Editor: Fixed GUI.Windows background not being tinted by GUI.colors anymore.
- Editor: Fixed miscalculation of rows in layout for Terrain Component Trees
- Editor: Fixed opening scenes in play mode from editor ui should not be allowed.
- Global Illumination: Fix for linear lighting mode looking different between the player and Editor.
- Global Illumination: Fix for LoadLevel in the player causing lightmaps to become brighter when in Linear mode
- Global Illumination: Fixed crash regression when baking reflection probes
- Global Illumination: Fixed wrong reflection material warning message in Lighting window
- Graphics: Fixed GPU Instancing not working with objects affected by SH/Reflection probes.
- Graphics: Fixed GPU Instancing not working with odd-negative scaled objects.
- IL2CPP: Avoid crash on IL2CPP when searching for attributes
- IL2CPP: Avoid double allocation of memory for multi-dimensional arrays
- IL2CPP: Correct performance regression in LivenessState calculation.
- IL2CPP: Fixed Stfld/Ldfld opcode usage generated by MS C# compiler
- IL2CPP: Fixed an occasional crash when capturing managed heap when parts of it are not committed.
- IL2CPP: Generate proper C++ code for marshaling wrappers of methods that have System.Guid as a parameter type.
- IL2CPP: Properly marshal arrays of four-byte bool values.
- IL2CPP: Raise NullReferenceException when Ldvirtftn instruction has a null target
- Image Effects: Fixed image effects not working properly if Camera is added at runtime
- IMGUI: Added new [IntRange] material shader property to correctly display integer value range sliders
- IMGUI: Fixed an issue where Gradient Editor: Alpha slider is not visible when Gradient Editor window has minimal width /
- iOS/IL2CPP: Prevent a managed exception on 64-bit builds during some array creation operations which has the message "ArgumentException: Destination array was not long enough. Check destIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds".
- Mono: Fixed game hanging when calling Socket.Accept() (Windows)
- Mono: Fixed socket communication with IPv6 networks
- OpenGL: Fixed GameView on OpenGL Legacy
- OpenGL: Fixed Skinning broken on Mac
- OpenGL: Fixed Windows editor crashing or hanging with no respond on moving and undocking tabs
- OpenGL: Various OpenGL and OpenGL performance and correctness fixes
- Shaders: Fixed GrabPass sometimes not working correctly
- Stripping: Fix use of UnityWebRequest when "Strip Engine Code" player setting is disabled
- Stripping: Prevent the Particle System from being stripped if the Particle System Renderer is used and engine code stripping is enabled.
- WebGL: Correct the following compiler error which might occur in generated C++ code: "error: non-constant-expression cannot be narrowed from type 'uintptr_t' (aka 'unsigned int') to 'il2cpp_array_size_t' (aka 'int') in initializer list [-Wc++11-narrowing]".
- Windows Store: Allow native DLLs to be loaded both with and without the .dll extension.
- Windows Store: Fixed a rare crash in ARM linker (fatal error LNK1322: cannot avoid potential ARM hazard (QSD8960 P1 processor bug) in section #) when using IL2CPP scripting backend
- XBoxOne/IL2CPP: Fix a problem compiling generated C++ files when there is a space in the path to the project directory.