Unity 5.6.0 Patch 3
Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
Unity Editor Windows (X86-64)
- MacOS: Added Appstore category field to player settings and improved info.plist generation
- Video: Improved error reporting for incompatible webm files
- Video: Updating api docs to reflect that a few hooks are unimplemented for now
- (898946) - 2D: Fixed an occasional crash when SpriteRenderer.size was set multiple times in a single frame.
- (891644) - 2D: Fixed the issue of SpriteRenderer not rendering Sprite in tiling mode when tile size was too big.
- (839005) - Android: AndroidJava - return null instead of throwing exceptions on functions which return object, class or array.
- (884540) - Android: Buildpipe - Fixed an error message on wrong NDK version.
- (none) - Android: Buildpipe - Fixed the user resources library build issues with Gradle.
- (894074) - Android: Fixed an issue whereby ctrl+b shortcut pushing app package even if it failed to build.
- (888859) - Android: Fixed android application building with the latest android sdk.
- (895550) - Android: Fixed incorrect error message in the Editor when selecting a non-default version of the NDK.
- (877837) - Android: Fixed WebCamTexture crash with denied permissions.
- (none) - Android: SoftInput - Fixed input field hidden under keyboard when translucent flag was set.
- (875247) - Android: Webcam - Fixed the wrong orientation returned on first frames.
- (896185) - Asset Pipeline: Fixed an issue when importing assets with name changes that could cause a timestamp mismatch in the database.
- (840294) - Audio: Fixed a bug in AudioSource::IsPlaying for streaming audio clips, where false would sometimes be returned incorrrectly.
- (884238) - Editor: Fixed screen offsets updates for tooltips.
- (890468) - Editor: Fixed "Sprite Mode" so it defaults to "Single" instead of "None" when switching Texture Type to "Sprite (2D and UI)".
- (896321) - Google VR: Fixed the issue of indefinitely flashing screen after changing VRSettings.renderScale.
- (898851) - Graphics: Disallow material to be used with CommandBuffer.DrawMeshInstanced if enableInstancing is false.
- (882704) - Graphics: Fixed a periodic crash in shadow culling job code (GenerateCombinedDynamicVisibleListJob).
- (884057) - Graphics: Fixed the issue of render texture not being cleared on stop for windows.
- (876718) - Graphics: Mark main splash screen as finished when VR splashscreen was used.
- (898861) - IL2CPP: Modify the implementation of the IL Switch opcode to workaround a possible C++ compiler bug in Xcode 8.3.
- (807273) - iOS: Added an option to select whether extra frame was rendered on pause.
- (869947) - iOS: Fixed a crash when font's material was assigned to game object.
- (866673) - iOS: Fixed framework search paths in Xcode project being incorrectly quoted if they contained spaces.
- (882013) - iOS: Fixed inclusion of ReplayKit framework in plugins.
- (888370) - iOS: Fixed some icons not getting copied into Xcode project when Target Device was set to iPhone Only.
- (none) - macOS: Fixed standalone app compatibility issues when uploading to the Appstore with Application Loader 3.6.
- (898788) - Metal: Fixed unnecessary half to float casts in generated shaders.
- (896867) - Physic 2D: Fixed physics animation transform change not correctly rotating a Rigidbody2D.
- (895548) - Terrain: Fixed an assert that got triggered by deleting a folder that contained a Terrain object.
- (893559) - UI: Fixed NaN issues with ScrollRect when using clamped mode.
- (892913) - UI: Fixed nested canvas returning a null world camera after its root canvas had been disabled and then re-enabled.
- (893302) - UnityWebRequest: Fixed getting stuck when using custom download handler script in Editor in edit mode.
- (891028) - Video: Better error handling and reporting when attempting an OSX H.264 transcoding exceeding profile level limits.
- (887882) - Video: Fixed clip selection dialog video preview for non-transcoded material.
- (893945) - Video: Prevent a crash when playing vp8 movies on Android OS 4.1 / 4.2 on Samsung and Meizu devices.
- (893837) - Video: Prevent crash on negative resolution custom resize transcode.
- VR: GearVR and Daydream shaders may generate a compilation conflict. To resolve this change line 71 of UnityInstancing.cginc to: "#define UNITY_VERTEX_OUTPUT_STEREO float stereoTargetEyeIndex : BLENDWEIGHT0;"
- VR: The gameview may have a black border when VR is active. These issues will be fixed in one of the upcoming patches soon.