Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
Unity Editor Windows (X86-64)
New to Unity? Get started
- Android: Improve error messages from android sdk tools
- Apple TV: Added support for attitude data coming from new AppleTV remote.
- Global Illumination: Added ATrous filter for the Progressive Lightmapper.
- iOS: Add identification enums for iPhone 8, 8+ and X.
- iOS: Add player setting to specify whether the home button should be hidden on iPhone X
- iOS: Add player setting to specify which device edges defer system gestures to the second swipe.
- iOS: Add support for iPhone X launch images.
- Multiplayer: Increased send bandwidth for web sockets.
- tvOS: Implement support for 4K AppleTV icons and splashscreens.
- AI: Fixed unwanted gap in the NavMesh produced by a concave edge crossing a tile boundary. (930830) (936512)
- Android: Fixed player crash when profiler with GPU profiling was enabled and graphics API was not OpenGL ES 3. (944118)
- Android: Fixed realtime HDR reflection probes being black on older Android devices. (776875)
- Android: Fixed build with target sdk 21-23. (956658)
- Android: Fixed permissions popup crash. (934782)
- Android: Fixed android video player stuttering and dropping frames. (931038)
- Android: Fixed android video player playback lagging after activating input field. (934841)
- Android: Fixed symbols.zip not including symbols file. (942625)
- Android: Fixed header availability in UnityWebRequest when response uses chunked transfer. (956599)
- Animation: Fixed an irrelevant assert in Animation Component. (943954) (924891)
- Animation: Fixed assert when loading AnimationClip asynchronously in AssetBundles. (943438)
- APIUpdater: Fixed unnecessary reference to mscorlib 4.0 being added to assemblies in some cases. (916719)
- Audio: Quality of atrac9 clips can now be adjusted properly in the audio importer. (896143)
- Build: Fixed exceptions in OnPreProcessBuild not halting the build process correctly. (942296)
- Build: Fixed a crash in BuildReporting::BuildReport::BeginBuildStep caused when BuildAssetBundles was being called from an OnPreprocessBuild callback. (920536)(920116) (958239) (947004)
- DX12: Fixed copy queue memory leak.
- DX12: Fixed constant buffer memory being overwritten in certain circumstances. (938617)
- DX12: Fixed bad pipeline state issue causing errors. (925955)
- Editor: Fixed player settings not using the default icon when there are none specified. (953161)
- Editor: Fixed an error messages when enabling Version Control "Work Offline" mode e.g. "InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object". (879511)
- Editor: Fixed an issue where LogAssert.Expect would ignore the the logtype when finding a satisfying event when running playmode and editmode tests. (944934, 935602)
- Editor: Fixed lightmaps being generated even when the scene does not contain any baked light contribution. (926559)
- Editor: Fixed occasional hang during Editor startup. (954607)
- Editor: The generated TestResults.xml when running playmode and editmode tests is now updated to be in NUnit3 format. (940837, 910845)
- GI: Fixed Enlighten not generating lightmaps for meshes imported without UVs and with Generate Lightmap UVs option enabled. (854349)
- GI: Fixed a crash in 'RenderTexture::DiscardContents' when opening the scene. (935328)
- GI: Fixed exception being thrown when the background color of a Reflection Probe is changed. (939947)
- GI: Fixed terrain artefacts caused by Enlighten terrain mesh triangulation being different from the original mesh triangulation. (754298)
- GI: Fixed project build errors when Reflection Probes Projection setting in Tier1(Graphics Settings) is unchecked. (925552)
- GI: Progressive Lightmapper crashes with transparent shader. (949574)
- Graphics: Fixed an issue where performing an undo on a Static Lightmap Object caused an error related to transforms to be reported. (955082)
- Graphics: Fixed updating of bounding boxes for SkinnedMeshRenderers with 'Update When Offscreen' set. (935463)
- Graphics: Fixed "group < 0x7fff" errors when hitting undocumented limit for LOD groups. (667190)
- Graphics: Fixed an issue where off-screen SkinnedMeshRenderer with 'update when off-screen' enabled was not skinned. (939897)
- Graphics: Fixed asserts when animations disable newly visible renderers. (950215)
- Graphics: Fixed a crash in CameraStackRenderingState::ReleaseResources e.g. searching in Hierarchy window. (926718)
- Graphics: Fixed camera rendering to a temporary RenderTexture from clearing the stencil bits when it shouldn't i.e. for HDR cameras. (932065)
- Graphics: Report an error instead of crashing when Mesh has invalid positions e.g. NaN. (930666)
- Graphics: Fixed the Sprite Mode in the Inspector Import Settings so it defaults to Single rather than None, when an image is imported. (921598)
- Graphics: Metal: Fix occasional GPU hangs when dispatching compute shaders. (950990)
- Graphics: Fixed D3D11 errors in scenes containing a Camera that has HDR enabled and depth-only clear. (933768)
- IL2CPP: Avoid stack overflow from occurring in Unity liveness logic (asset GC). (935563)
- IL2CPP: Improve incremental build performance on OSX.
- IL2CPP: Allow SetSocketOption to work properly for add membership and remove membership with IPv6. (944939)
- IL2CPP: Fixed calling System.Collections.Generic.IList1 methods on native objects that implement Windows.Foundation.Collections.IVector1 interface and calling Windows.Foundation.Collections.IVector1 methods on managed objects that implement - System.Collections.Generic.IList1 interface.
- IL2CPP: Fixed crash in thread pool during shutdown. (966623)
- iOS: Fixed the Screen.dpi() method in the Trampoline code not returning the correct number of DPI in iPhone 8, iPhone 8+ and iPhone X. Also fixed the iPhone 8+ and iPhone X model checking. (962350 960914)
- iOS: Fixed support for fonts of Tibetan, Armenian, Braille, Georgian and Thai languages in iOS 10 and iOS 11. (951089) (949036)
- iOS: Fixed crash when connection is lost in the middle of AssetBundle download using WWW. (955760)
- iOS: SystemInfo.supportedRenderTargetCount now correctly returns 8 for devices that support it. (949032)
- Lighting: Fixed issue where Progressive Lightmapper was not transmitting indirect rays through translucent objects. (887019)
- Lines: Fixed a case where looping lines with corner vertices were causing graphical corruption. (939661)
- Metal: Fixed a shader compilation regression on macOS 10.11.6 and iOS 8.x and earlier. (952232, 952020)
- Multiplayer: Fixed update timers internal time after io thread resuming.
- Multiplayer: Fixed reliable message can be delivered twice.
- OSX: Fix Editor crash when using GLCore on High Sierra with Intel 6xxx series GPU. (963867 956196)
- OSX: Application.persistentDataPath always returns. Library/ApplicationSupport (instead of occasional Library/Caches). (898217)
- OSX: Fixed High Sierra OS freeze while using Local Cache Server. (954747)
- OSX: Fixed startup crash on OSX 10.11 and iOS 7 with Metal.
- OSX: Fixed hang for Metal when using MSAA on OSX 10.11 for Nvidia GPUs. (963062)
- Particles: Fixed an issue where some Shape Module properties could become corrupt during an upgrade (Radius, Arc, Random Direction). (910284)
- Particles: Fixed an issue where the ParticleSystem.Emit() was ignoring the playback time when reading the Main Module curves/gradients. (936628)
- Particles: Fixed an issue where Sorting Fudge was incorrect when using a Custom Sort Axis on a camera. (937693)
- Physics: Ensure that the enter/exit collision/trigger callbacks are correctly matched when a single simulation step causes a contact to stop then start again. (932044)
- Physics: Fixed GameObject with a disabled cloth component not following parent's transform. (946307)
- Profiling: Fixed various instabilities with Integration tests, namely suites ProfilerSuite.ProfilerDynamicSampleTests and ProfilerSuite.ProfilerCustomSamplerTests.Resource Management: Optimized the loading of assets performed via Resources.Load. This - addresses a performance regression reported in Android platforms. (930803, 904652)
- Scripting: Fix 64-bit type packing in the iOS runtime. (949127)
- Scripting: Fixed crash in debugger when trying to stop while a single step operation is in progress. (951901)
- Scripting: Fixed deadlocks and pauses when using System.Threading.Monitor. (827984)
- Shaders: Fixed an issue with shadows precision on mobile platforms. (925180, 899829)
- tvOS: Fixed icon asset catalog setup when certain multi-layer icons are missing. (959867)
- UnityWebRequest: Fixed a resource leak when aborting an AssetBundle download, leading to higher memory usage and sometimes CPU throttling. (944301)
- UWP: Fixed "Run in Background" player setting not making player to ignore minimize events. (759166)
- VR: Fixed iOS Google VR Podfile not reporting the correct version. (962253)
- WebGL: Enabled fullscreen support in Safari >= 10.1. (941166)(775206)
- Windows Standalone: Fixed an issue that caused recursive player loop error when moving window around. (946559)
- XR: Fixed android driver issue by invalidating the depth and stencil buffers at the same time.XR: Fixed issue with Camera.stereoSeparation being incorrectly applied to Oculus HMDs. (957491)
- XR: Fixed black screen on startup on Cardboard when GLES2 or GLES3 is used. (931397)
- XR: Fixed handling of Screen resolution changes, especially in VR
- XR: Fixed camera aspect ratio after disabling VR. (892084)
- XR: Fixed mobile XR applications forcing landscape left orientation when right has been selected in the player settings.