Install this version with Unity Hub
Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
Unity Editor Windows (X86-64)
New to Unity? Get started
- Android: Gradle export now supports custom templates, and improved troubleshooting of export process.
- Asset Bundles: Improved load asset performance by up to 25% for standard (non-streamed) asset bundles.
- Asset Bundles: ShaderVariantCollection assets included into bundles now cause shaders to include the referenced keyword variants.
- Asset Importing: Performance improvements to DXT1, DXT5, BC4 and BC5 texture compressor.
- Audio: Add support for streaming Ogg Vorbis on Android, iOS and tvOS.
- Graphics: Added Mesh.GetIndexStart and Mesh.GetIndexCount APIs.
- Graphics: Added non-allocating accessors to Mesh, that write into user-specified List: GetBindposes, GetBoneWeights, GetColors, GetIndices, GetNormals, GetTangents, GetTriangles, GetVertices.
- Tizen: Added a button to the deployment target window to refresh the target list.
- Virtual Reality: Updated to Oculus runtime version 1.11.
- Windows Store: introduced the ability to select which Universal Windows Platform SDK Unity should target when building the application.
- Tizen: Remove the Tizen 2.3 minimum OS option. 2.4 is now the only accepted OS version. Users must update their devices to Tizen OS 2.4.
- Android: Fixed a crash when doing simultaneous SceneManager.LoadSceneAsync and Resources.Load. - (782183)
- Android: Fixed a player crash when using Location services. - (866556)
- Android: Fixed an incorrect behaviour with Application.persistentDataPath. - (854214)
- Android: Fixed readback from float RenderTexture into half -float Texture.
- Android: Fixed splash screen flicker and artifacts. - (863528)
- Android: Gradle export -; Ffixed colliding package name for unity-android-resources. - (854535)
- Android: Gradle export should now work with SDK version > 6.0. - (856650)
- Android: Identified unaccounted spikes in profiler. - (836697)
- Android: Improved asynchronous loading time when showing splash screen.
- Android: Play audio from background applications at the original volume when it is not muted.
- Android/IL2CPP: Prevent a crash which can occur with the use of OnAudioFilterRead callbacks on kKrait CPUs. - (852307)
- Android/MetroWindowsStore: Fixed the issues preventing the Application.Unload API from functioning correctly.
- Animation: Fixed a bug that was preventing AnimationEvents that were added to legacy AnimationClips during runtime from being called. - (877033)
- Animation: Fixed a crash when setting Animator.updateMode when no AnimatorController is set. - (869582)
- Animation: Fixed crash in animation window when starting playback on invalid optimized game object - (865057)
- Animation: Fixed edit key overriding key frames in curve editor. - (860366)
- Animation: Fixed vertical and horizontal flips using Box Tool with tangents set to Infinity. - (849656)
- Asset and Scene ManagementAsset Importing: Fixed a crash while importing an FBX where individual component X/Y/Z curves had different frame ranges. - (845966)
- Asset Bundles: Fixed a crash when loading a scene with occlusion culling from an asset bundle in editor play mode. - (846853)
- Asset Bundles: Fixed loading asset by file name and extension to work identical to loading by file name. - (845762, 841092)
- Asset Bundles: Fixwsed intermittent freeze that could occur when calling AssetBundle.LoadAssetAsync multiple times in a single frame. - (862004)
- Asset Importing: Significant performance improvements to DXT1, DXT5, BC4 and BC5 texture compressor, resulting in faster asset imports.
- Audio: Fixed a WACK certification failure in UWP player builds using the Microsoft HRTF audio spatializer. - (865507)
- Cache Server: Can now handle paths with spaces on Mac when calling RunOSX.command with the --path argument. Paths with spaces must be within quotes. - (874677)
- Cache Server: Displays a warning in the Cache Server Editor Preferences when the Local Cache Server location cannot be reached (e.g. on a disconnected disk). - (858923)
- Cache Server: Fixed an issue when building,; an unreachable cache server was reported as a warning not an error and did not cause the build to fail. - (840009)
- Cache Server: Fixed the custom port missing for the remote option. - (871730)
- Cloudbuild Analytics: Fix for iOS and Android crash when all services are OFF.
- Deployment Management: Corrected the behaviour on Windows where using -logfile on batch mode with an emptry string would cause output to go to stdout, consistent with all other platforms. - (857206)
- DX11: Fixed D3D11 Device creation failures on Windows Vista and Windows 7 systems without DX11.1 runtimeupdate. - (877407, 867093, 877210)
- Editor: Disallow setting DontSave on a tTransform unless it is already set on the GameObject. - (857507)
- Editor: Fixed a crash for D3D platforms if shader compilation did not return any compiled shader data ie, a shader contained #error pre-processor directive. - (824020)
- Editor: Fixed a crash whilst reloading scene(s) after using version control merge and resolve operations. - (876733)
- Editor: Fixed a rare issue where building the player and saving the project later could cause the Editor to lock up. - (857117)
- Editor: Fixed an issue whereby new installed Unity would report timeout error in commandline activation. - (790345)
- Editor: Fixed light probe rendering in LookDev HDRIs. Previously it could go wrong depending on the lighting panel parameters set for the project.
- Global Illumination: Fixed a rare issue where spawning external processes (such as GI Baking) could fail or cause a deadlock. - (799748)
- Graphics: Don't render the screencamera depth texture space depth buffer if nothing requires it i.e. screenspace shadows are disabled. - (836737)
- Graphics: DrawProcedural draws geometry only in the left eye when Single Pass VR is enabled - (859819)
- Graphics: Fixed a crash in some circumstances if object disabled renderer when culling updated the visibility. - (849079)
- Graphics: Fixed a crash that occurred when loading models from AssetBundles with Tangents set to Calculate Legacy. - (861445)
- Graphics: Fixed crash in occlusion culling when loading multiple scenes. - (862005)
- Graphics: Fixed large objects lit by a directional light self shadowing in editor when player was set to aAndroid. - (866230)
- Graphics: Line Renderer; fixed gaps when values are repeated - (861293)
- Graphics: LineRenderer; fixed issue where setting endColor failed if using different number of color/alpha keys - (864043)
- HoloLens: Fixed a crash that occurs on device when downloading files with WWW. - (860775)
- HoloLens: Fixed an issue with InputField automatically getting activated for text entry as soon as you gaze at it. - (850327, 851586)
- HoloLens: Prevented a potential memory stomps in very rare repro cases when resuming from suspend.
- IL2CPP: Allow the build to succeed when the .NET 4 TargetFrameworkAttribute attribute is used in an assembly. - (867606)
- IL2CPP: Allow the Unity Ads engine integration to work properly on iOS builds that are archived and uploaded to TestFlight. - (874227)
- IL2CPP: Correct an error in UnusedBytecodeStripper2 related to UnityEngine.RenderTexture that can occur during some project builds. - (863806)
- IL2CPP: Corrected the behavior of Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly on platforms that did not support stack walking properly. - (871948)
- IL2CPP: Fixed a compile error related to missing header when compiling code using SizeOf IL opcode. - (874838)
- IL2CPP: Fixed a rare crash in IL2CPP on some Visual Studio installation setups with message "Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Builder is unable to build using selected toolchain (MsvcDesktopToolChain) or architecture (Unity.IL2CPP.Building.x64Architecture)!"
- IL2CPP: Fixed an issue with race condition of the monitor implementation of IL2CPP that could cause a crash. - (870810)
- IL2CPP: Fixed System.IO.WindowsRuntimeStreamExtensions class not being present in System.Runtime.WindowsRuntime.dll.
- IL2CPP: Prevented an error during code generation when IL code had a try/finally as the last block in a method. - (872641)
- IL2CPP: Prevented an ExecutionEngineException from being thrown at run time when a virtual generic method was called via a delegate. - (869676)
- iOS: Added missing icon slots for Spotlight and Settings. (815299)
- iOS: Don't indicate that microphone and camera is used when it isn't. - (869099)
- iOS: Don't strip alpha channel out of launch screens textures. - (847494)
- iOS: Fixed a bug that would prevent the text field input caret from updating when the virtual left and right arrow keys were pressed. - (850430)
- iOS: Fixed a crash with advertisingIdentifier in iOS Simulator. - (869305)
- iOS: Fixed an exception when disposed ODR object was collected by GC. - (850619)
- iOS: Fixed an issue where the ReplayKit API might be reported as available on unsupported devices - (828288)
- iOS: Fixed Application.isShowingSplashScreen to return the correct state and deprecated it in favour of SplashScreen.isFinished. - (824499)
- iOS: Fixed inability to change Launch Screen Mode in Player Settings. - (869283)
- iOS: Fixed orientation requests from the app getting out of sync with iOS orientation. - (796649)
- iOS: Fixed UnityRepaint crash due to internal inconsistency error. - (862754)
- iOS: Hide the status bar while playing movies with CancelOnInput or Hidden modes. - (871989)
- iOS: Internal profiler reports non-sensical CPU time values in pretty much all cases.. - (843172)
- iOS: UnityEngine.iOS.Device.SetNoBackupFlag can now be called from background threads. - (851113)
- iOS: Warn when CameraDepthTexture uses wrong Metal sampler type. - (786455)
- iOS: Warn when SV_POSITION is used as input in vertex shader. - (809737)
- Kernel: Fixed an issue when undoing the reverting of a prefab which added components with dependencies (such as ConfigurableJoint depending on RigidBody existing). - (870498)
- Kernel: JsonJSON serialisation now supports correct parsing of NaN and +/-Inf. - (829753)
- Lighting: Fixed baked light map visualisation shading mode in the Editor.
- LineRenderer: fixed gaps when values are repeated - (861293)
- LineRenderer: Fixed issue where setting endColor failed if using different number of color/alpha keys - (864043)
- macOS: Added a fix to hide the 'Picture in Picture' button in the movie player when played using Handheld.PlayFullScreenMovie. - (739557)
- Metal: Fixed lack of support for the Hidden/FastBloom shader on Metal devices. - (876956)
- Mono: Correct an invalid C# compiler error with generic types in compiler generated code (like lambdas and enumerators). The error from the C# compiler often includes this text: "There is no boxing or type parameter conversion from..." - (847798)
- Networking: Fixed issue where unspawn handler was not properly invoked during object cleanup (like in NetworkManager.StopClient()) - (836770)
- OS X: Added a fix to hide the 'Picture in Picture' button in the movie player when played using Handheld.PlayFullScreenMovie. - (739557)
- Particles: Fixed "TLS ALLOCATOR ALLOC_TEMP_THREAD" error messages - (864122)
- Particles: Fixed an issue whereby animation curves causing assert errors when using scripted emission. - (865738)
- Particles: Fixed an issue whereby lights were not cleared when Stop() and Clear() were called. - (869710)
- Particles: Fixed an issue whereby particle trails were reusing old position data when emitted by script. - (858243)
- Particles: Fixed an issue with allowing circular references in sub emitters. - (853996, 845817)
- Particles: Fixed crash in LightsModule when destroying systems - (862777)
- Particles: Fixed crash in ParticleSystem.Emit() - (862897)
- Particles: Fixed issue where distance-based emission was not working - (856842)
- Particles: Fixed issue where particle bounding boxes could become corrupted, resulting in "Invalid AABB" messages - (862352)
- Particles: Fixed issue where sub-emitters were causing memory leaks - (861347, 863060 )
- Particles: Fixed issue where switching Render Mode could cause rendering artifacts - (862976)
- Particles: Fixed rare crash when using the Trail Renderer and Multithreaded Rendering is enabled. - (868648)
- Particles: Fixed rotation bug with mesh particles - (862921)
- Particles: Fixed the issue of color not being updated correctly when material properties were changed when using shape module. - (778213)
- Particles: Fixed the issue of distance emission not working when scale was not 1 and using hierarchy scaling mode. - (844815)
- Particles: Fixed TrailModule crash when enabling trails and using ParticleSystem.SetParticles - (864208)
- Particles: Particles Anim Shader now works when using mesh render mode. - (869386)
- Particles: Stretched billboards could apply scale twice if using Speed Scale - (861409)
- Particles: Texture Animation could skip frames and display invalid data - (859436v
- Physics 2D: Ensure all 2D physics profile items provide an object reference.
- Physics 2D: Ensure that a PhysicsMaterial2D can be reassigned to a Collider2D.
- Physics 2D: Fixed an issue of rendering CapsuleCollider2D with very small sizes. - (863939)
- Physics 2D: Optimize the CapsuleCollider2D component intersection tests for speed and accuracy.
- Physics 2D: When turning on Rigidbody2D.simulated, the body position/rotation should be synchronized to the current Transform. - (871727)
- Physics: Fixed a crash when applying prefab changes in the editor when a component contains a Rigidbody2D. - (878576)
- Playables: Fixed blending of AnimatorControllerPlayable not working properly. - (873587)
- Prefabs: Fixed Editor crash when trying to connect a prefab to an instance marked with DontSave. - (866855)
- Purchasing: Fixed a bug where a duplicate transaction could fail without calling the failure callback.
- SceneManagement: Fixed unloading Scene using Scene as parameter. - (860750, 871607)
- Scripting: Added the following non-allocating accessors to Mesh. These accessors write into a user-specified List. The accessors are GetBindposes, GetBoneWeights, GetColors, GetIndices, GetNormals, GetTangents, GetTriangles, and GetVertices.
- Scripting: Allow serialization of classes extending Dictionary. - (699250)
- Scripting: Fixed a deadlock when debugging in MonoDevelop. - (819887)
- Scripting: Fixed a rare failure when building players. - (852993)
- Scripting: Fixed an issue with StopCoroutine not stopping IEnumerator and CustomYieldInstruction based coroutines. - (852360)
- Scripting: Fixed RequireComponent not working with nested namespaces. - (856277)
- Shaders: Fixed shader compilation error when compiling certain surface shaders using WorldNormalVector from INTERNAL_DATA e.g. shadow pass variations. - (856507)
- Splash Screen: Fixed an issue where the splash could be truncated by a first scene taking a long time to load - (810571)
- Tizen: Change the minimum API level to Tizen 2.4 in PlayerSettings. - (872286)
- Tizen: Fix a NULLnull dereferencinge while exiting the game. - (869995)
- Tizen: Improve error when failing to discover a deployment target. - (834785)
- Tizen: Improvements to emulator deployment.
- Tizen: SystemInfo.processorFrequency now returns proper values.
- TrailRenderer: Fixed visual artifacts when manually enabled during Play mode - (869964)
- UI: Fixed miscoloured mesh when this was created with CanvasRenderer.SetMesh, passing an array of Color objects to Mesh.colors. - (857087)
- UnityWebRequest: fix proxy support, so that debuggers like Fiddler work. - (861828)
- UnityWebRequest: Fixed an issue with redirect in editor when not in play mode. - (878300)
- Virtual Reality: Fixed inconsistency in game view between Singlepass Stereo and Multi Pass when using Split Stereo Diplay. - (814290)
- Virtual Reality: Fixed incorrect culling in Split Stereo Display. - (830612)
- Virtual Reality: Fixed incorrect eye view in Split Stereo Display. - (832185)
- Virtual Reality: Fixed incorrect viewport bounds in Singlepass Stereo. - (832283)
- Windows Store: Fixed build & run failing on windows phone 10 with IL2CPP scripting backend. - (862914)
- Windows Store: Fixed building Windows Store player against Windows 10 "Creators Update" SDK. - (876078)
- Windows Store: Fixed IL2CPP not finding tools from Windows SDK directory in some installation setups.
- Windows Store: Fixed player pref corruption on power loss. - (855595)
- Windows Store: Fixed the folder Structure missing from Assembly-CSharp.csproj. - (858579)
- Windows: When standalone player is embedded into other window, Alt+Enter shortcut for full screen is disabled.
- Android: Build fails when the latest Android SDK Tools 25.3.1 version is used. (888859)
- Windows Store: Player prefs might get corrupted on Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 SDKs when forcefully closing the application right after saving them.