Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
Unity Editor Windows (X86-64)
New to Unity? Get started
- Android: Removed tapjacking protection because it causes touch input to be lost when a transparent overlay is shown on top of the Unity view.
- Editor: Updated Unity logos in About Window and Update Window to match new branding.
- GI: Support for per object cast and receive shadows in the Progressive Lightmapper. For Cast Shadows only On and Off options are supported.
- 2D: Fixed an issue where adjusting Collider2D's Offset when Using Tiled Draw Mode and Auto Tiling would result in inconsistent behaviour.
- 2D: Fixed an issue where the Editor becomes unresponsive when switching from OpenGL to Metal with a tiled sprite in the scene. (918524)
- Android: Buildpipe - Correctly split resources between APK and OBB when building with LZ4. (920360)
- Android: Fixed a development build crash on Android 4.2.2 with VideoCore GPU. (922553)
- Android: Fixed a Vulkan error when trying to use anisotropic filtering on Mali GPUs.
- Android: Fixed an issue where Android IL2CPP builds might fail if built from an editor script. (921525)
- Android: Fixed an issue where spot and point lights were too bright on low-end devices. (918785)
- Android: Fixed an issue whereby H264 videos did not loop on Android 4.1 and 4.2 devices. (893527)
- Android: Fixed an issue with alpha texture size in ETC1 texture compression with split alpha. (919308)
- Android: Fixed an issue with enabling Split Application Binary flag in Android player settings would affect other platforms. (918606)
- Android: Fixed the empty scene startup time regression. (917096)
- Android: Fixed the NamePhonePad flag. (924516)
- Android: Gradle - Do not explicitly set debuggable attribute when building with Gradle to avoid lint security warning. (924517)
- Android: Gradle - Handle too many errors; filter out warnings and detect too long error list.
- Android: Gradle - Make sure unity3d and other files from raw/ are uncompressed in the APK. (924519)
- Android: Gradle - Removed debuggable from Manifest when creating APK. (924523)
- Android: Gradle - Support custom library build.gradle files. (887824)
- Android: Moved GoogleVR initialisation to run on UI Thread thus fixing startup crash. (922898)
- Animation: AnimatorState's WriteDefaults is working properly on very specific setups. (893779)
- Animation: Fixed a crash in Animator Editor window when closing Unity. (918033)
- Animation: Fixed a crash in PlayableTraverser::RootByType that was triggered when disabling a GameObject by using OnStateMachineExit. (914365)
- Animation: Fixed an issue where the Animation events would not trigger if animation had less than two frames. (921121)
- Animation: Fixed an issue with preview of mirrored animations in the inspector. (916581)
- Animation: Fixed Animator.GetBehaviour() returning null after recompiling a script while in play mode. (913301)
- Animation: Fixed layer root motion broken on standalone. (925444)
- API Updater: Fixed a crash when checking C# scripts with deep object initialization syntax. (902973)
- API Updater: Fixed assembly corruption in assemblies containing references to UnityEditor.Animations.AvatarMask. (904030)
- API Updater: Fixed nested types updating on local variable / parameter declarations.
- Asset Bundles: Fixed a crash when loading GuiStyleState from an asset bundle. (909471)
- Asset Pipeline: Fixed AssetDatabase.GetMainAssetTypeAtPath so that it returns the right type for ScriptableObjects instead of just 'MonoBehaviour'. (904653)
- Editor: Fixed a transform precision issue when moving multiple objects. (907854)
- Editor: Fixed an issue whereby moving multiple objects made only one of them to move according to handles.
- Editor: Fixed an issue which made deleted files moved to recycling bin on windows. (888995)
- Editor: Fixed assets being marked for delete instead of opened for edit in Version Control in cases where the asset was deleted and recreated (e.g. re-baking NavMeshes). (895425)
- Editor: Fixed the case of "Generate Lighting" drop down menu being hidden when inspector was resized to minimal width. (915524)
- Editor: Restored SRGB write state after internal override. (901588)
- Editor: Warn, rather than fail, if an external process Unity launches suspended has been unexpectedly resumed by another process. Note: Some versions of RenderDoc have a bug which can cause this. (906745)
- GI Progressive Lightmapper: Fixed a crash in light probe rendering occurring when changing or removing probes.
- GI: Fixed an issue where Auto mode overwrites Lightmap indices with wrong values when additively loading scenes. (916893)
- GI: Fixed case of tiling being ignored by the Progressive Lightmapper.
- GI: Progressive Lightmapper: Fixed an issue where alpha cutoff was not properly converting values.
- GI: Progressive Lightmapper: Fixed an issue where auto-mode did not detect when changing material values for alpha cutoff.
- GI: Progressive Lightmapper: Fixed scene dependent issues with dark edges on charts lying near the lightmap border.
- Graphics: Added tier settings for Light Probe Proxy Volume. (908093)
- Graphics: Fix for GetTransformInfoDoNotExpectUpToDate in renderer bounding volume updating (899009)
- Graphics: Fix for miscalculating the size of the view required for a buffer which will be used as the source for an Indirect Draw/Dispatch call. (919044)
- Graphics: Fixed a crash in non-native graphics jobs in specific scene configurations eg lots of particles, terrain. (918788)
- Graphics: Fixed a crash triggered by setting the SkinnedMeshRenderer.updateWhenOffscreen flag to true via a script. (912723)
- Graphics: Fixed a rare crash/hang which, could happen in very complex scenes, when graphics jobs were enabled. (918788)
- Graphics: Fixed an assert when calling CommandBuffer.DrawRenderer on disabled mesh renderer (917188)
- Graphics: Fixed an issue where a ComputeBuffer applied to a Material Block doesn't take effect when drawing via DrawMesh*Indirect. (913828)
- Graphics: Fixed an issue where overlapping cameras drawing to the same target would not composite correctly (923842)
- Graphics: Fixed an occasional glitch when rendering lines/trails. (903807)
- Graphics: Fixed Assert in Editor and crash in Standalone when disabling/enabling SkinnedMeshRenderer in very specific situations eg from animation during an OnBecameVisible callback. (901468)
- Graphics: Fixed error message "Enabling or adding a Renderer during rendering; this is not allowed." when creating or enabling a game object during OnPreRender, OnWIllRenderObject, OnBecameVisible, OnBecameInvisible callbacks. (897994, 907626, 901242)
- Graphics: Fixed metal editor shader warmup. (916950)
- Graphics: Fixed OpenGL debug labels when using OpenGL ES.
- Graphics: Fixed rare hang in the Editor when building lighting data. (918993)
- Graphics: Fixed sRGB flag returning false on the LDR target texture from a HDR to LDR image effect in a linear project. (912603)
- IL2CPP: Fixed a crash in QueryComponentByType when animation was used with engine code stripping enabled and there was no Sprite Renderer component in any scene in the build. (919058)
- IL2CPP: Fixed an issue with setting enum type fields in .NET 4x with relfection using an integer value. (923517)
- IL2CPP: Fixed an issue which caused IL2CPP to fail to convert assemblies if two non-existing methods with the same declaring type were referenced from any assemblies. (917343)
- iOS: Fixed an issue where iOS screen info was retrieved for every request instead of being cached (894273)
- iOS: Fixed Application.installMode for apps downloaded from AppStore. (913886)
- iOS: Fixed auto-rotation on ReplayKit. (911935)
- iOS: Fixed corrupted orientation view when forcing interface orientation via script (using Screen.orientation) on iOS10. (835745)
- iOS: Rewrote the internal clock system and replaced it with a system that takes into account the time when the device is asleep. Also, the startup time is now calculated more accurately. (912594)
- Linux : Associate provided icon with player window. (912675)
- Linux: Added an additional fix for uninitialized screen dimensions(/mouse input) at startup with some window managers. (880426)
- Linux: Don't add control characters to Input.inputString (916125)
- Linux: Use default player icon when none is provided. (912675)
- Linux: Work around change in glibc TLS allocation behavior in certain distributions.
- Multiplayer: Added a new overload to NetworkManager.StartClient function which allows to specific which port should the local socket be bound to. (903860)
- Multiplayer: Fixed an issue whereby reliable messages exchanging had been staled after couple of hours.
- Multiplayer: Fixed an issue with network transport host being removed with invalid host id, when using custom network connection (NetworkConnection override). (881764)
- Multiplayer: NetworkTransport.Send() leaks memory. (923903)
- Navigation: Fix using NavMeshAgent and NavMeshObstacle simultaneously causing Y coordinate to snap to maximum value. (910223)
- OSX: Added apple File System (APFS) compatibility fix.
- Particles: Detect when a new mesh is selected in the Shape Module, and update the Scene View preview accordingly. (900928
- Particles: Ensure trails are properly initialized when particles are being manipulated via script. (899881
- Particles: Fixed an issue where bounding boxes were too small on some systems, causing culling problems. (914333)
- Physics 2D: Fixed a crash when a 2D Collider is recreated during contact reevaluation. (920587)
- Physics: Fix for "PolygonCollider2D.points" reporting "Assertion failed on expression: 'm_data == NULL'" when setting a new Vector2 array to it. (923135)
- Physics: Fix for a crash when repeatedly unloading/loading cloth on XBox One and PS4. (909248)
- Physics: Fix for normals issue with cloth using tiny mesh. (766851)
- Physics: Fix to avert 'value must be greater' errors in cloth. (895771)
- Physics: Fix to avert cloth errors with prefabs: in cloth inspector we now check if cloth has no verts disabled and we eprocess mesh if re-enabled and previous cloth mesh had no verts. (893025)
- Physics: Fixed a case of CharacterController starting to ignore collisions with certain objects after a number of scene reloads. (809914)
- Physics: Fixed a memory leak issue in UnityWebRequest when Dispose was not called. (862095)
- Physics: Fixed an error thrown when using a Rigidbody with an Interpolate mode (Interpolate or Extrapolate). (890470, 899631)
- Scripting: Fixed a crash when invoking LINQ expressions in Editor. (920085)
- Scripting: Fixed a regression causing ContextMenu attributes from base classes to not be used on derived classes. (860417)
- Scripting: Fixed an issue where C# compiler incorrectly generating error CS1525 when using ternary operator with floating point values and no whitespace. (871725)
- Scripting: Fixed end of frame event not being sent in batch mode. (914052)
- Scripting: Fixed scripting exception being logged as Info instead of Error. (912719)
- Services: Fixed an issue where Performance Reporting symbol upload tool could crash. (927884)
- UI: Fix for Event System not updating when the application was not focused on macOS/Linux/UnityRemote/VR. (896933)
- UI: Fixed a memory leak in UI::DepthSortLayer(). (907581)
- UI: Fixed a rare Transform::kReceivedDueToParentTRSChanged assertion failure introduced in 5.6.1p1. (917177)
- UI: Fixed a regression that caused a crash of the Editor when adding a Text component to a GameObject via a script. (886331)
- UI: For Name content type, use NamePhonePad touch screen keyboard type. (924516)
- UnityWebRequest: Fix for broken audio clip when download is chunked. (911562)
- UnityWebRequest: Fixed the issue of absolute redirect URL not escaped. (921259)
- Video: On Android 4.1/4.2, bigger resolution videos don't play. (908936)
- Video: On Android, video stops playback if trying to play it faster than 1x. (915772)
- VR: fix for single pass rendering w/one of the standard effects shaders doesn't render correctly on the right eye. (913882)
- VR: Fixed an editor crash when user selected VR Camera while playing. (916987)
- VR: Fixed an issue that was causing eye flickering in Daydream. (915277)
- VR: Fixed CommandBuffers don't work w/ MSAA and VR. (906203)
- VR: Fixed Stereo Display (non-head mount) produces only black screen in build. (913547)
- VR: Fixed Stereo Display Standalone build runs at a low resolution regardless of settings. (890718)
- VR: Removed an unnecessary blit when single-pass stereo rendering is used on Daydream devices.
- VR: Updated GoogleVR SDK to 1.60.1 (859281, 911311, 901404)
- WebGL: Fixed Corrupted Sprites on MS Edge. (904449)
- Windows: Fixed switching to full screen from windowed when using dx11. (904471)
- XR: Added missing Editor icons for world anchor, spatial mapping, touch input, and audio spatialization components. (857023)