Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
- Core: Added support for loading serialized files stored with versions >= 5.5.0a4.
- DX11: Improved texture upload performance for compressed, floating point and RGBA32 formats (also in 5.3.6p3) (812350).
- Graphics: GPU Instancing - it is no longer an error to use instanced shaders on renderers that don't support instancing (SkinnedMeshRenderer, SpriteRenderer, etc.).
- Graphics: GPU Instancing - for statically batched MeshRenderers, using an instanced shader now will not break static batching. If you want renderers to be instancing batched, please consider disable static batching flag (816786).
- Linux: Removed 16GB total memory limit.
- Networking: Projects using UnityWebRequest from UnityEngine.Experimental.Networking should now be auto-upgraded to use its new location in UnityEngine.Networking.
- VR: Mac version of the editor can now add OpenVR as a VR platform when targeting the Windows player.
- VR: Stereo View and Projection Matrices can be set individually through scripting API.
- VR: Updated the following Image Effects from the Standard Assets to work with Single-Pass Stereo: Ambient Obscurance, Camera Motion Blur. (811571)
- VR: Upgraded SDKs - Oculus to 1.7, GearVR to 1.7.1, OpenVR to 1.0.2.
- Windows Store: Windows Extension SDK references will now be automatically added to Assembly-CSharp projects.
Unity 5.4.1 also includes relevant fixes from 5.3.6 patch releases.
- AI: Fixed an issue where 'Not Walkable' objects close to the ground would not create a hole in the navmesh when baked. (820608)
- Android: Editor: Added a workaround for AAPT sometimes crashing for no good reason. (797965)
- Animation: Fixed a crash that happened when disabling a gameobject during animation-triggered physics callbacks. (813681)
- Animation: Fixed a crash inCreateAnimatorGenericBindings when attempting to use AnimationMixerPlayable on start of a game object. (820203)
- Animation: Fixed a crash when adding AnimationClip to an enabled Animation component whilst in play mode in the editor. (820586)
- Animation: Fixed additive layer using disabled "Resample Animation" blended with layers that have it enabled. (822897)
- Animation: Fixed an issue where an assert that couldn't be acted upon was popping in the AvatarMask inspector. (813105)
- Collab: Fixed a crash when opening a cloud project named with numbers if you already have a project named the same in your folder. (763383)
- DX11: Fixed editor spewing out "Failed to query D3D11 context for ID3DUserDefinedAnnotation interface" error message when run on Windows 7 machine without Windows updates installed. (819707)
- Editor: Fixed a bug that launching Editor window will exit after signed on windows. (816567)
- Editor: Fixed occasional freeze when profiling over network and connection is lost. (716213)
- Editor: Fixed the inspector UI for some Renderers where Light Probe and Reflection Probe options were not displayed correctly.
- Fixed performance regression of LightProbes.GetInterpolatedProbe API. GI:
- GI: Fixed a crash in Reflection Probe component when multiple scenes are used. (811241)
- GI: LightProbes.GetInterpolatedProbe will return a black probe now if there are no light probes in the scene. (815127)
- GI: Multi-scene editor. Fixed the lightmap indices not updating for additively loaded scenes in the Editor. (745588)
- Graphics: Fixed a crash when running with Graphics Jobs caused by one thread unloading mesh data whilst another thread is using the data.
- Graphics: Fixed ForwardAdd pass z-fighting issue when the object is rendered with GPU instancing, for example when you have multiple lights (819088).
- Surface shaders are automatically updated to apply the fix.
- For custom vert/frag shaders, instead of using the macro "UNITY_USE_CONCATENATED_MATRICES", now please use the new "#pragma force_concat_matrix" directive in the ForwardAdd pass.
- Graphics: Fixed image effects being rendered twice when the camera is instantiated from prefab or copying another camera. This issue was in player builds only. (814402, 811236)
- Graphics: Fixed Texture3D not accepting floating point formats. (794440)
- iOS: Added support for tbd files. (820487)
- Kernel: Fixed a crash resulting from undo/redo after revert. (717587, 804333)
- Linux: Don't unnecessarily clear mouse position. (816514)
- Mono: Properly locate libMonoPosixHelper.dylib file in the editor on OS X when it is used. (810964)
- Particles: Fixed an issue where the first vertex of a trail renderer could be missing. (823495)
- Particles: Fixed particle system random seed regression. (782232)
- Profiler: Fixed GPU profiling showing "N/A" for most draw calls, instead of associating with proper objects. (772640, 817337)
- Tizen: Added a method to request the Evas_GL object to possibly be used in plugins.
- Tizen: Added API compatibility control. Currently only 2.3 and 2.4 are supported.
- Tizen: Fixed a problem where UnityPluginUnload was not called.
- Tizen: Fixed problem with hangs when using a static splash screen image. (806041)
- Tizen: Fixed the screen dimensions being incorrect when rotating the screen on Tizen while playing video. (805148)
- Tizen: Removed an error which wrote privilege value in duplicate in tizen-manifest.xml.
- Tizen: Support multiple sensor listener.
- UnityWebRequest: Fixed errors in console when downloading texture. (813763)
- UnityWebRequest: Fixed memory leak and possible crash when doing multiple request using the same object.
- UnityWebRequest: Fixed possible freeze when downloading more than 64k of data using custom download handler. (820517)
- UnityWebRequest: Fixed texture download reporting done before texture is actually usable. (814330)
- UnityWebRequest: Report downloaded bytes for asset bundles and properly report 1.0 progress when finished. (815185)
- VR: Fixed crash when exiting VR in certain cases where the HMD was detected as not connected on the first frame.
- VR: Fixed GL.LoadPixelMatrix() not working when Single-Pass Stereo was enabled. (811511)
- VR: Fixed possible crash on shutdown. (817745)
- VR: Fixed viewport scale issues with OpenVR.
- WebGL: Fixed compressed build files (*.gz) creation if they already exist. (818044)
- Windows Store: Generate code in exported solution to enter fullscreen if "Default is Fullscreen" is set in player settings. (804577)
- Windows Store: Suppress system overlays by default in il2cpp solutions (makes it consistent with .NET). (817285)
- WWW: Fixed occasional crashes in il2cpp projects. (796508)