For seasoned programmers
This certification is designed for programmers with 5+ years of experience in roles such as Gameplay Programmer, Game Engineer, Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer, Mobile Application Developer, Tools Programmer, AI Programmer, AR/VR/MR/XR Developer, and DOTS Programmer.
The knowledge tested on this exam is gained through experience on-the-job in real project situations. The test assesses your ability to apply this knowledge to a specific scenario and determine the appropriate action or outcome. It requires analysis, attention to detail, and critical thinking skills, in addition to extensive knowledge of Unity.
- Experience working with a team of programmers
- 5+ years of relevant professional programming experience
- Proficiency in Unity 2019 LTS or later
- Expertise implementing the technical aspects of design documents
- Ability to architect solutions at various stages of development
- Knowledge of advanced techniques to build and customize solutions for complex requirements
- Ability to identify the root cause of complex problems and solve them using sustainable solutions
- Experience reviewing and evaluating code for clarity, structure, quality and accuracy
- Up to date on industry trends and emerging technology
What’s on the exam?
You can expect to see questions across these topics:
Technical feasibility and planning
- Determining pre-project technical capabilities
- Analyzing project scope
- Applying technical documentation specifications to a project
- Determining the necessary architecture for a project
- Evaluating code for quality assurance
- Analyzing the code’s long-term sustainability
- Recommending systems for development
- Using mathematics, programming patterns, algorithms, and structures
- Understanding how data-oriented design is used in Unity
- Analyzing a project workflow to determine what custom Editor extensions are needed
- Assessing a project to determine what improvements should be made to the pipeline
Learn and practice
You can prepare to pass this certification with the following:
This short video talks you through a few sample test questions and the thought process involved in arriving at the correct answer.
Unity’s official practice test is 22 questions long and the best way to familiarize yourself with the type of questions and rigor you will face on the exam.
Find the right certification to meet your needs. Check out Unity’s full suite of Certifications across four difficulty levels and specialization tracks ranging from Programmer to Artist.
Stand out from the crowd with a certification designed for creators with a portfolio of Unity projects ready to apply for their first professional Unity role.
- Certified Associate: Game Developer
- Certified Associate: Programmer (coming February 2021)
- Certified Associate: Artist (coming February 2021)
Validate your expert-level skills and mastery of advanced Unity concepts.
- Certified Expert: Programmer (this Certification)
- Certified Expert: Technical Artist in Shading & Effects
- Certified Expert: Technical Artist in Rigging & Animation