Unity 5.4.0 Beta 7
Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
Unity Editor Windows (X86-64)
5.4.0b7 Release Notes
- After expand/collapse Unity Editor window looks corrupted. If you maximize/minimize/click on windows in Editor they'll return to normal state.
- Fix regression issues when opening scenes in play mode
- Graphics: with the new jobs enabled, reflection probes might render incorrectly in rare cases.
- In deferred rendering, lightmapped objects affected by mixed-mode lights will fallback to forward rendering.
- Samsung TV: Fixed shader compilation crash on NT14U TVs
- Shadows: Directional shadows will present shadow acnee when using a custom projection matrice and a very large frustum (20k+)
- Unity crashes sometimes after deleting asset files from project folder
- VR: Single-Pass-Stereo causes some lighting problems
- [Billboard][LOD] Unity crashes when picking deleted Speedtree Billboard LOD level
- [GL] [Windows] Unity crashes or hangs with no respond on moving and undocking tabs
- [Skinning] Skinning broken on Mac
- [Windows][MT] Unity crashes after mass placing SpeedTrees on terrain
- VR: Dynamically switch to headset's audio output / input driver (Oculus SDK 1.0+)
- VR: Mask invisible pixels so GPU time is not wasted (Oculus SDK 1.0+)
- Animation: Added AnimationClipPlayable.applyFootIK
- Animation: Added better error messaging and handling for for AnimationCurves with invalid data.
- Animation: Fix memory leak in AnimatorOverrideController
- Animation: Fixed a bug where the animation window would try to access a deleted animator component and cause a crash
- Animation: Fixed an issue where AnimationPreview objects would get grabbed by FindGameObjectWithTag
- Animation: Fixed an issue where Changing culling modes during runtime would not take effect correctly
- Animation: Fixed an issue where imported keyframes would overlap and get sorted in the wrong order
- Animation: Fixed an issue where the ModelImporterClipAnimation inspector would not show properly when he Avatar Mask was empty
- Animation: Fixed Animation recording being broken in some cases.
- Animation: Fixed animation window not updating to selection when out of focus or when just opened
- Animation: Fixed AnimationClipImporter inspector for Generic clips
- Animation: Fixed AnimationClipPlayable.duration so that it returns the length of its AnimationClip
- Animation: Fixed curve selection loss in curve editor when move keys in dopesheet editor.
- Animation: Fixed dopesheet keyframe manipulation not registered.
- Animation: Fixed inconsistencies in dopesheet editor and curve editor framing
- Animation: Fixed long Animator.Update not playing all Events/ExitTimes
- Animation: Fixed loss of animation window selection when selecting child game objects.
- Animation: Fixed offset when drag&dropping sprites in animation window.
- Animation: Fixed property added in recording mode to read-only clip
- Animation: Fixed text editing overlay remaining active in animation window when losing focus
- Animation: Fixed unresponsive animation window when zoomed out beyond a certain level
- Animation: Implemented API for tangentMode in AnimationUtility
- Animation: Optimized AvatarMask inspector.
- Animation: Root motion not applied on single object
- Animation: Rotation value changes on play mode a little bit
- Animation: Unity hardcrashes when importing blender rigify model
- Multiplayer: Disabled host migration on WebGL clients (they can't become host)
- Multiplayer: Disallow sending NetworkConnection object in commands
- Multiplayer: Fixed issue where SyncLists didn't use the configured channel
- Multiplayer: Fixed issue with ClientScene.objects list increasing after every host migration
- Multiplayer: Fixed issue with OnStartAuthority being called twice on player with local authority on host
- Multiplayer: Minor improvement to network manager HUD ('connecting' state and cancel button)
- Multiplayer: SyncList now sends updates only when a value assignment changes the current value
- Particles: Disable size/rotation properly when toggling 3D in the editor
- Particles: Disabling unused UI options
- Particles: Fixed crashes with null curves and gradients
- Particles: Fixed culling when using SetParticles in standalone
- Particles: Fixed debug plane visualization
- Particles: Improve mesh particle error message, when buffers re full
- Particles: Preserve stopEmitting parameter when becoming visible (culling fix)
- Particles: Support radius in Trigger Module
The following are changes and fixes to 5.4.0 features and regressions...
- Editor: Changes the "Module Manager" button to "Open Download Page", in Build Settings, for missing playback engines
- Animation: Fixed animation event inheriting from ScriptableObject not getting triggered
- Animation: Fixed assert when using Animator.MatchTarget
- Animation: Fixed custom components not appearing in the Add Property menu of the Animation Window.
- Animation: Fixed error message showing : GetLocalizedString is not allowed to be called from a MonoBehaviour constructor
- Animation: Fixed floor display in Generic animation previewer
- Animation: Fixed import of humanoid clip when root is not identity
- Animation: Fixed loss of animation window selection when selecting child game objects
- Animation: Fixed values in the AnimationClipImporter inspector being not-editable
- Core: Fixed "TLS Allocator ALLOC_TEMP_THREAD ..." messages in console when saving a scene
- Core: Fixed edge case in the job system during shutdown
- Core: Multi-second stall in Particle System
- Editor: Fixed being unable to drag and drop components that are not expandable (such as the 'audio listener')
- Editor: Fixed issue that made GameObjects disappear from the Editor if they have an associated editor script that made use of DontDestroyOnLoad
- Editor: Fixed width of the Build Settings Window. This was causing problems when the Standalone option was selected but the players weren't available.
- Editor: Fixes issue where Editor wouln't start with a path including multi-byte characters
- Graphics: Fixed a crash in the editor when switching graphics API from a non-DX9 API e.g. DX11
- Graphics: Fixed SkinMeshInfo memory leak
- Graphics: In play mode set the graphics device sRGB write mode to match the lighting mode e.g. enable sRGB write mode in linear lighting mode
- MonoDevelop: Enable NUnit add-in by default. Fixes issue with error dialog on MonoDevelop start-up
- OpenGL: Fixed mipmap generation for render textures using OpenGLES
- OSX: Fixed an issue where pasting into a text field caused the text to be added twice
- OSX: Fixed SIMD errors in source code builds on OSX
- Particles: Allow both shape & position in scripted emission
- Particles: Fixed error message when scaling
- Particles: Fixed INF error message due to default bounding box
- Particles: Fixed regression with subemitters inheriting velocity
- Physics: Prevent Collider recreation when setting isKinematic; therefore, OnTriggerExit/Enter are not triggered unnecessarily
- Scripting: Fixed registration of Shuriken icalls under Mono AOT.
- UI: Fixed a problem where some fonts would not load correctly on some platforms
- UI: Stopped raycast from traversing up the hierarchy when a canvas with override sorting is encountered.
- Windows Store: Fixed crash when loading C# type from plugin which was not included in the final build.
- Windows Store: Mouses and touches will work correctly after locking/unlocking the screen.