Unity 5.2.0 Beta 2
Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
- Connect: Need to have owner privilege to enable/disable Ads/Analytics
- Connect: Error when enabling Ads if you are part of more than one organization, if you already have enabled ads for a project in different org
- Connect: COPPA Lock visuals aren't updated on the Age Designation page if you don't switch to Setting page
- WebGL: UI non-functional
- Android: Audio - Enable OpenSL for devices that support FEATURE_AUDIO_LOW_LATENCY
- Physics: Added parameter QueryTriggerInteraction to all physics queries (raycast, spherecast, overlap) to allow any query to override whether or not the query should hit Triggers.
- Physics: Expose CharacterController.skinWidth parameter to scripts
- Physics: Support scaling vehicles
- IL2CPP: Make engine stripping in iOS/WebGL a separate setting (PlayerSettings.stripEngineCode) from mono stripping levels
- Editor: Improved Export Package window (now uses a proper tree view)
- Editor: Selection.selectionChange callback triggered when selection changes
- Graphics: Added a quality setting 'Shadow near plane offset' to allow working around shadow pancaking artifacts
- Graphics: Implemented object naming for D3D11, so textures will pick up the correct name in external graphics debuggers
- iOS: Added onBannerFailedToLoad delegate to iOS.AdBannerView
- WebGL: Resolution set in html file will no longer be overridden by PlayerSettings
- Windows Store Apps: supported orientations are now populated to manifest
- 2D: Apply active color space onto texture in sprite editor
- 2D: Clear undos for SpriteEditorWindow when applying or window is closed. Also fix ClearUndo not working for ObjectUndo
- 2D: Ensure SpriteEditorWindow has the correct texture importer reference when texture importer inspector is applying changes
- 2D: Materials become transparent because of improper re-setting of material
- 2D: Replaced assert with warning message to multiple materials in SpriteRenderer
- 2D: Sprite Editor uses the actual image size for slicing operation. Force Sprite Editor preview to use mipmap if user machine does not support the image resolution
- AssetBundle: Fix the crash when a scriptable object is referenced from the scene.
- Connect: Move project and COPPA Lock are disabled when project is locked
- Editor: Avoid division by zero in zero-sized SphereCollider
- Editor: Avoid locking when framing terrain
- Editor: Camera lock keeps working when dragging outside the scene view window
- Editor: Fix MaterialEditor Shader Warning when importing a package
- Editor: Scene view picking works when selection base object isn't under the mouse position
- Editor: Terrain editor hotkeys no longer conflict with text field input
- GI: Fixed crash in CreateSnapshotForReflectionProbe when trying to rebake reflection probes
- Graphics: Added extra protection against depth buffer in editor windows being accidentally disabled
- Graphics: Corrected the viewport used in the editor for image effects when forward rendering + AA
- Graphics: Fixed a crash compressing an already compressed texture in script
- Graphics: Fixed crash calling GetPixels with a 0x0 texture
- Graphics: Fixed error messages with .triangles on empty meshes (coming to 5.1 too)
- Graphics: Fixed Halo errors when they are on DontDestroyOnLoad objects
- Graphics: Fixed Halo texture not being centered, causing half-texel clipping on top/right sides
- Graphics: Fixed spamming error message importing an EXR file as sprite
- Graphics: Fixed swizzling of BGRA32 texture data on D3D11 and Xbox360
- Graphics: Fixed swizzling of BGRA32 texture data on OpenGL, OpenGL core and OpenGL ES
- Graphics: When using COLORMASK and D3D9, the mask was not correctly set for MRT render targets
- Il2CPP: Avoid boxing of value types during null checks in generic code
- IL2CPP: Fix crash when using OnCollisionEnter with no parameters
- IL2CPP: Handle 'void' type parameter.
- IL2CPP: Handle invalid IL generated by UnityScript compiler for delegates.
- IL2CPP: Prevent an intermittent crash on ARM64 when an live object is incorrectly reclaimed by the garbage collector.
- IL2CPP: Throw exceptions when classes are stripped instead of crashing
- iOS: Added Xcode 6.4 compatibility
- iOS: Allow to append builds made with different scripting backend
- iOS: Fixed command line build crash caused by trailing slash
- iOS: Made sure WWW.bytes gets populated with response even in case of non-2xx status
- Metal: Fixed shader translation of matrix+scalar, matrix-scalar, matrix/scalar operations (coming to 5.1 too)
- Metal: Fixed some issues with shader translation of matrices with different precision (coming to 5.1 too)
- Mono: Double traverse object count to avoid stack overflow when freeing huge amounts of objects.
- Mono: Fix issue with Socket.Select never returning sockets ready for read on OSX
- Mono: Fix Unity crash when detecting recursive type definition.
- Mono: Fixed issue with default property values and object initializers
- Mono: Fixed monotonic timer overflow to allow usage of timing functions like those in System.Threading with extended uptime
- MonoDevelop: Fixed Unity crash when inspecting enum value in MonoDevelop debugger.
- OpenGL core: Fixed crash when using -force-glcore on MacOSX where it's not yet supported
- OpenGL core: Fixed Radeon HD 2000 - 4000 support
- OpenGL core: Fixed Sandy Bridge crash, unsupported due to drivers issues, Unity will fallback to Direct3D.
- OpenGL ES: Fixed Fire HD development player crash
- OSX Editor: fix RunOpenPanel() with extension non-empty filter
- Physics: Fix a crash in the HingeJoint when enabling a GameObject containing a HingeJoint where the Connected Body was disabled.
- Physics: Fix an issue where OnTriggerStay would not be called on children in compound colliders.
- Physics: Fix problems where QNaNs leaked out of the physics system when using infinites as limit parameters for the ConfigurableJoint.
- Physics: Fix wheel collider applying the inertia tensor rotation the wrong way, cleaned up gizmo code
- Physics: Fix WheelCollider not being able to ignore collisions with vehicle body colliders that were added to the already initialised vehicle
- Physics: Make sure we update scene query flags for inserted wheels because otherwise we may end up colliding with the car's body
- Physics: Report scene hierarchy path of Collider when setting a transform that contains non-finite numbers.
- Physics: Update docs to mention the limitation on the maximum colliders per cloth instance
- Script Editors: Generate and open solution when External Script Editor is set to Xamarin Studio.
- Scripting: Fix potential crashes during domain reloads when user code throws NullReferenceException in AppDomain.DomainUnload / AppDomain.ProcessExit events
- Serialization: Fixed incorrect clamping of LayerMask when set through SerializedProperty.intValue
- WebGL: Fix iframe gaining focus when clicking on WebGL canvas
- WebGL: Fix mouse button state after double clicks
- WebGL: Fix standard shader usage in Safari
- WebGL: Make AudioMixer work for controlling volume
- WebGL: Normalize scroll wheel inputs to give more consistent results
- Windows Phone: do not show Portrait Upside Down option in player settings (both 8.0 & 8.1)
- Windows Store Apps: reduce extended splash screen blink
5.2-only Changes and Regression Fixes
- Editor: Fix disabled items in color picker context menus
- Editor: Fix TextField forcing cursor to be in view
- Windows Phone 8: Can be built correctly again