Unity 5.6.1 Patch 1
Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
Unity Editor Windows (X86-64)
- Added R8 and RG16 Texture formats, and RGBAUShort and RG16 Render Texture formats.
- Added support for the 5th generation iPad.
- Added a timeout property to UnityWebRequest. This gives coarse grain control over timeouts for webrequests.
- Updated Oculus to version 1.14.
- (898383) - 2D: Fixed an issue where SpriteUtility.GetSpriteUvs returned invalid Uvs.
- (898900, 868921) - Android: Fixed assertion failures of GLES calls without valid context on debug and development builds.
- (890531) - Android: Fixed the build process when using Gradle so that checks for signed applications are performed at the beginning of the build process, instead of at the end.
- (900109) - Animation: Fixed animation root motion layering.
- (896498) - Animation: Fixed DeoptimizeTransformHierarchy crashing when a GameObject with a SkinnedMeshRenderer was attached to an exposed bone.
- (893042) - Animation: Fixed incorrect animated color values when in linear color space.
- (none) - Animation: Improved build and AssetBundle data determinism for Human components.
- (890644) - Build Pipeline: Fixed AssetBundle statistics that are printed to the editor log when building AssetBundles.
- (895452) - Build Pipeline: Fixed issue with Scene AssetBundles that would cause multiple builds with the same Scene to generate different results.
- (none) - Editor: Fixed issue where Mesh and Model previews would not render in the Inspector window.
- (903620) - Editor: Fixed issue with NullReferenceException when deleting the last remaining quality setting.
- (817640) - Editor: Fixed SerializedObject.maxArraySizeForMultiEditing not being respected when using default property drawer.
- (901529) - Editor: Fixed issue where color picker would crash on Metal.
- (908964) - Editor: Fixed issue with Xcode project; queueDebuggingEnabled is now included.
- (903397) - Fixed issue where profiler would crash when the active frame was out of view.
- (905640) - Fixed TextureImporter to allow newly-imported textures to have their AssetBundle name/variant set.
- (873026) - GI: Fixed a crash when creating Reflection Probes from OnWillRenderObject.
- (none) - GI: Inverse squared falloff in progressive lightmapper.
- (815031) - GI: Fixed an issue where a certain combination of GI settings and multiple Scenes being additively loaded would make baked light maps vanish.
- (883844) - GI: Added support for negatively scaled Meshes in the progressive lightmapper. This now allows you to mirror Meshes using negative Transform values.
- (890651) - GI: Added support for quads in progressive lightmapper.
- (867797) - Graphics: Disabled directional shadows when Screen Space Shadows (Edit > Project Settings > Graphics) is set to No Support but Cascaded Shadows is enabled in the Tier Settings.
- (893187) - Graphics: Fixed issue where, when Scene is set to Validate Albedo mode, Unity would render Baked GameObjects and other GameObjects in the Scene as planes.
- (771031) - Graphics: Fixed a crash that occurred when Texture.GetPixels or Texture.SetPixels were used with invalid input parameters.
- (909607) - Graphics: Fixed clear artifacts appearing on Metal when only the UI camera was used in the Scene.
- (767050) - Graphics: Fixed inconsistent initialization in ComputeScreenSpaceShadowMap.
- (885051) - Graphics: Fixed rendering of multiple cameras and depth being ignored when setting camera viewports to be different to each other.
- (888704) - Graphics: Fixed crash that occurred while turning off occlusion culling with high shadow distance.
- (905659) - IL2CPP: Applied a fix to prevent the following exception occuring on some projects during runtime: 'NotSupportedException: IL2CPP encountered a managed type which it cannot convert ahead-of-time. The type uses generic or array types which are nested beyond the maximum depth which can be converted'.
- (none) - iOS: Fixed broken microphone permissions when camera is not used in app.
- (902650) - Metal: Fixed GPU hang on A7/A8 devices in some MSAA scenarios.
- (898854) - Mono: Applied a fix to prevent a crash that might occur when deep profiling is enabled in the Unity Editor.
- (none) - Networking: Fixed possible crash on old Android devices due to alignment problems. Note: this change breaks protocol compatibility with previous 5.6.x builds. You need to recompile and redeploy existing 5.6 projects and builds (5.5.x and older should work without problem).
- (902663) - OSX: Unity no longer destroys RenderTexture when switching the Standalone player between fullscreen and windowed.
- (904810) - Particles: Fixed performance regression causing Update Jobs to be dispatched slowly on some platforms.
- (878740) - Physics: Fixed a crash that happened when continuously scaling a MeshCollider while activating and deactivating it at the same time.
- (892396) - Physics: Fixed a crash that happened when scaling a Mesh that the physics system (PhysX) failed to process properly (like a convex MeshCollider with too many vertices).
- (845868) - Physics: Fixed a crash that occurred while updating active skinned Meshes.
- (901950) - Physics: Fixed an issue where contacts between Effectors were not correctly evaluated when Effector Collider masks were used.
- (865250) - Physics: Fixed an issue where Physics.ComputePenetration and Physics.ClosestPoint were not returning the correct value when a rotated Collider had its centre offset.
- (701504) - Physics: Fixed an issue where unexpected trigger events were fired to scripts when a degenerate CapsuleCollider was used.
- (none) - Shaders: Applied improvements to Metal shaders performance when using GroupMemoryBarrier().
- (898809) - UGUI: Fixed crash issues when re-parenting inactive GameObjects.
- (908073) - UI: Fixed issue where UI Button didn’t update its SelectionState after interact-able value changes.
- (886258) - UI: Removed the extra call to CanvasRenderer.OnTransformChanged when the canvas is set to ScreenSpace.Camera render mode, and the Camera’s Transform is changed.
- (907048) - Video: Fixed crash on Samsung Android devices with 4.1 OS when stopping playback.
- (905282) - Video: On Android, applied a fix to prevent garbage collection from being over-used, and fixed an issue where the app would freeze when changing a video clip during playback.
- (907049) - Video: Fixed issue on Android where H.264 videos above 480p crash on devices with 4.1 OS and Adreno 203 graphics.
- (907051) - Video: Fixed issue on Android where VP8 videos would not play on Samsung devices with 4.2 or 4.4 OS.
- (none) - VR: Added support for different eye texture color formats on Oculus Rift.
- (899087) - Windows Store: Fixed a crash when animating scripting objects on .NET scripting backend.
- (903232) - Windows Store: Fixed a harmless assert which happens when building for Universal 8.1 SDK.
- (866141) - Windows Store: Fixed an out of bounds array access assert in Mesh code.
- (897807) - Windows Store: Fixed Build & Run with VS2017.
- (888029) - Windows Store: Fixed building player when some files (like UnityOverwrite.txt, WSATestCertificate.pfx, project.lock.json) are set to read-only.
- (881845) - Windows Store: Fixed issue where Ctrl+C would delete input field instead of copying it.
- (880362) - Windows Store: Fixed issue where pasting an item in the InputField always pastes the item that was first in the clipboard before launching the player.
- (875834) - Windows Store: Fixed issue where pressing and holding Xbox One controller button A led to false keydown events during the first frame of a Scene.
- (892653) - Windows Store: Fixed serialization when a serializable type derives from another serializable type in another assembly that has a serializable private field.