Unity 5.5.1 Patch 4
Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
Unity Editor Windows (X86-64)
- Asset Bundles: Introduced the ability to use ShaderVariantCollection to ensure Shader variants are built when packing the Shader with ShaderVariantCollection seperate from the Material using the Shader.
- Audio: Add support for streaming oggvorbis on tvOS.
- Windows Store: introduced the ability to select which Universal Windows Platform SDK Unity should target when building the application.
- (866556) - Android: Fixed a player crash when using Location services.
- (877033) - Animation: Fixed a bug that was preventing AnimationEvents that were added to legacy AnimationClips during runtime from being called.
- (845966) - Asset and Scene Management: Fixed a crash while importing an FBX where individual component X/Y/Z curves had different frame ranges.
- (877407, 867093, 877210) - DX11: Fixed D3D11 Device creation failures on Windows Vista and Windows 7 systems without DX11.1 runtime.
- (857117) - Editor: Fixed a rare issue where building the player and saving the project later could cause the Editor to lock up.
- (876733) - Editor: Fixed a crash whilst reloading scene(s) after using version control merge and resolve operations.
- (799748) - Global Illumination: Fixed a rare issue where spawning external processes (such as GI Baking) could fail or cause a deadlock.
- (849079) - Graphics: Fixed a crash in some circumstances if object disabled renderer when culling updated the visibility.
- (871948) - IL2CPP: Corrected the behavior of Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly on platforms that did not support stack walking properly.
- (872641) - IL2CPP: Prevented an error during code generation when IL code had a try/finally as the last block in a method.
- (869676) - IL2CPP: Prevented an ExecutionEngineException from being thrown at run time when a virtual generic method was called via a delegate.
- (847494) - iOS: Don't strip alpha channel out of launch screens.
- (850619) - iOS: Fixed an exception when disposed ODR object was collected by GC.
- (824499) - iOS: Fixed Application.isShowingSplashScreen to return the correct state and deprecated it in favour of SplashScreen.isFinished.
- (871989) - iOS: Hide the status bar while playing movies with CancelOnInput or Hidden modes.
- (843172) - iOS: Internal profiler reports non-sensical CPU time values in pretty much all cases.
- (851113) - iOS: UnityEngine.iOS.Device.SetNoBackupFlag can now be called from background threads.
- (786455) - iOS: Warn when CameraDepthTexture uses wrong sampler type.
- (809737) - iOS: Warn when SV_POSITION is used as input in vertex shader.
- (870498) - Kernel: Fixed an issue when undoing the reverting of a prefab which added components with dependencies (such as ConfigurableJoint depending on RigidBody existing).
- (876956) - Metal: Fixed lack of support for the Hidden/FastBloom shader on Metal devices.
- (865738) - Particles: Fixed an issue whereby animation curves causing assert errors when using scripted emission.
- (869710) - Particles: Fixed an issue whereby lights were not cleared when Stop() and Clear() were called.
- (869386) - Particles: Particles Anim Shader now works when using mesh render mode.
- (878576) - Physics: Fixed a crash when applying prefab changes in the editor when a component contains a Rigidbody2D.
- (866855) - Prefabs: Fixed Editor crash when trying to connect a prefab to an instance marked with DontSave.
- (860750, 871607) - SceneManagement: Fixed unloading Scene using Scene as parameter.
- (699250) - Scripting: Allow serialization of classes extending Dictionary.
- (852360) - Scripting: Fixed an issue with StopCoroutine not stopping IEnumerator and CustomYieldInstruction based coroutines.
- (852993) - Scripting: Fixed a rare failure when building players.
- (856277) - Scripting: Fixed RequireComponent not working with nested namespaces.
- (878300) - UnityWebRequest: Fixed an issue with redirect in editor when not in play mode.
- (876078) - Windows Store: Fixed building Windows Store player against Windows 10 "Creators Update" SDK.