Unity 2017.2.0 Patch 1
Install this version with Unity Hub
Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
Unity Editor Windows (X86-64)
Unity Editor macOS (X86-64)
- 2D - Exposed methods to set and retrieve Physics Shape from a Sprite.
- 2D - Sprites created by importing a texture now have a default Physics Shape generated.
- Graphics - Added APIs to retrieve areas safe for UI rendering. Currently supported on iOS and tvOS only.
- iOS - Added identification enums for iPhone 8, 8+ and X.
- Shaders - Concatenated matrix macros (e.g. UNITY_MATRIX_MVP) are now changed to static variables to avoid repeated calculations.
- tvOS - Implemented support for 4K AppleTV icons and splashscreens.
- XR - Improved performance on Windows Mixed Reality by removing a potential thread stall that would occur whenever beginning a new frame while the previous frame had not completed presenting.
- (947462) - 2D: Fixed updating an active Tilemap palette prefab not exposing it into the SceneView.
- (951514) - 2D: Fixed TilemapRenderer showing tiles when Tilemap.ClearAllTiles() is called.
- (952556) - 2D: Fixed ReflectionTypeLoadException from TilePalette when TilePalette is opened with 4.6 .Net and a user assembly cannot be loaded.
- (930830)(959526) - AI: Fixed unwanted gap in the NavMesh produced by a concave edge crossing a tile boundary.
- (945953) - Android: Fixed shader compile error on devices not supporting GL_FRAGMENT_PRECISION_HIGH.
- (944091) - Android: Fixed setting multiple response headers with same name in UnityWebRequest.
- (924891) - Android: Disable GPU fences for two Android 6 devices which have been found to have compatibility issues causing performance loss: HTC 10 and LG G5 SE.
- (945292) - Animation: Fixed case where sprite and material reference were not animatable at the same time in the SpriteRenderer.
- (945035) - Animation: Fixed case where transition between animations makes GetIKRotation and GetIKPosition returned incorrect value.
- (952170) - Animation: Fixed CurveField not updating animation curve when reference changes from render to render.
- (941945) - Animation: Fixed being unable to set the transition time in Animator.CrossFade().
- (948768 947491) - Animation: Fixed bool property not properly restored to initial value when exiting animation window.
- (931359 931267) - Asset Import: Fixed psd import issue where a psd looked different from a png.
- (931944) - AssetDatabase: Fixed an issue where AssetDatabase.GetSubFolders() didn't return any results, and updated the manual to reflect that this method only accepts relative paths.
- (942296) - Build: Exceptions in OnPreProcessBuild will now halt the build process correctly.
- (941192) (958237) - Build Pipeline: Fixed a crash in BuildReporting::BuildReport::BeginBuildStep caused when BuildAssetBundles was being called from an OnPreprocessBuild callback.
- (905397 918819) - Editor: Fixed importing a cubemap with invalid metafile crashing.
- (948326 930624) - Editor: Fixed Plugin Inspector showing only one option in Framework Dependencies when switching to iOS platform and .NET 4.6
- (950172) - Editor: Fixed crash when dragging component without managed instance to hierarchy.
- (942923) - Graphics: Fixed atlased ETC1 textures with split alpha rendering in editor outside of play mode.
- (939897) - Graphics: Fixed an issue where an off-screen SkinnedMeshRenderer with 'update when off-screen' enabled was not being skinned.
- (950215) - Graphics: Fixed asserts when animations disable newly visible renderers.
- (None) - Graphics: Fixed GL_INVALID_ENUM error with OpenGL ES when using point primitives.
- (946068) - Graphics: Fixed not being able to set any Mesh on a Skinned Mesh Renderer.
- (942563) - Graphics: Fixed crash when certain variables of CustomRenderTexture are used in script.
- (941334) - Graphics: Fixed Tree shadows being culled when zoomed in on Occlusion Visualization mode.
- (944223) - Graphics: Fixed object with "Dynamic Occludee" property being disabled rendering in Preview window when selecting a different object.
- (912323) - Graphics: Added error message for graphics APIs that do not support texture wrap mode "mirror once" (Android Vulkan, Android GLES3 and WebGL).
- (947342) - Graphics: Emit error messages instead of assert when the screen position is out of view frustum.
- (None) - Graphics: Fix Vulkan validation layer errors associated with image barriers.
- (941149) - Graphics: Fix Vulkan validation layer errors (on Windows) when switching to fullscreen.
- (948053) - Graphics: Fixed specific case where not all requested shader variants ending up in an asset bundle.
- (932940) - Graphics: Fixed D3D11 driver assert message and potential crash "Invalid mask passed to GetVertexDeclaration() when using post-effect".
- (935463) - Graphics: Fixed updating of bounding boxes for SkinnedMeshRenderers with 'Update When Offscreen' set.
- (942401) - iOS: Fixed screen not always automatically rotating correctly after disabling and enabling auto-rotation.
- (949032) - iOS: Fixed SystemInfo.supportedRenderTargetCount not correctly returning 8 for devices that support it.
- (949361) - iOS: Fixed crash in Handheld.PlayFullScreenMovie when playback ends.
- (847499) - Lighting: Fixed maximum lightmap import size.
- (954747) - OSX: Fixed High Sierra OS freeze while using Local Cache Server.
- (941076) - Particles: Fixed Birth SubEmitter not always firing when using random between two constants lifetime.
- (950833) - Physics: Fixed PlatformEffector2D not ignoring contacts involving trigger colliders.
- (941024) - Physics: Fixed RigidBody2Ds being woken when set to "StartAsleep" sleep mode.
- (953653) - Physics: Fixed Collider2D material changes not being propagated to existing contacts.
- (932044) - Physics: Ensure that we correctly match enter/exit collision/trigger callbacks when a single simulation step causes a contact to stop then start again.
- (946307) - Physics: Fixes GameObject which has a disabled cloth component not following parent's transform.
- (953068) - Scripting: Fixed Awake containing the wrong transform values when instantiated.
- (958250 955089) - Scripting: Fixed startup-crash on macOS 10.13 when using multiple monitors.
- (951875 899729) - Shaders: Fixed shadow precision for mobile platforms.
- (935126)(941827) - Shaders: Disable instancing support when performing surface shader analysis.
- (927339) - Shaders: Fixed incorrect translation to GLSL of compute shaders using bfi instructions with mask operators.
- (943340) - Shaders: Fixed incorrect translation of shaders using resinfo with mask operators.
- (None) - Shaders: Fixed HLSLcc shader conversion not handling F32TO16 and F16TO32 opcodes.
- (951780) - Terrain: Fixed crash when loading a non read/write enabled texture from an asset bundle. Texture will not be shown unless it is marked as read/write.
- (None) - UI: Fixed many bugs/performance problems caused by driven properties in uGUI by reverting to the 2017.1 driven property system.
- (None) - Video: Fixed VideoPlayer CameraNear/FarPlane RenderModes when used in conjunction with VR.
- (946124) - Web: Fixed POST key/value dictionary containing very long values in UnityWebRequest.
- (949038) - Web: Fixed WWW.responseHeaders returning null.
- (943241) - WebGL: Fixed MS Edge detection.
- (946393) - WebGL: Fixed divide by zero when AudioSource.pitch is zero.
- (949858) - WebGL: Fixed Timeline crash on missing DSPConnection::setMix().
- (931829) - Windows: Fixed ProcessMouseInWindow causing CPU spikes up to 4ms on Standalone builds.
- (899209) - Windows: Fixed Windows touch input events being out of sync from positioning events.
- (860330) - Windows: Fixed loading animation on cursor continuing to play after the game is loaded.
- (946829) - XR: Fixed landscape left being forced when landscape right is disabled.
- (931397) - XR: Fixed black screen on startup on Cardboard when GLES2 or GLES3 is used.
- (927404) - XR: Fixed incorrect culling when using multiple cameras with Windows Mixed Reality.
- (950519) - XR: Fixed Assert when playing Mixed Reality applications in Editor without Mixed Reality Portal running.
- (952039) - XR: Fixed Holographic Simulation not working in Editor.
- (943109) - XR: Eliminated errors and warnings showing per frame in console during Holographic Emulation.
- (948814) - XR: Fixed crash in Editor when toggling play mode aftering blooming to shell on Windows Mixed Reality.
- (956693) - XR: Fixed issue with "Unsupported texture format .." warnings appearing when XR is enabled.
- (None) - XR: Fixed stretched background image for ARCore apps running on Samsung S8.
- (909869) - XR: InputTracking.Recenter is now hooked up properly on Windows Mixed Reality.
- (942154) - XR: Tracking loss screen no longer appears on WindowsMR headsets, now mimics the behavior of other platforms during tracking loss.
- (945163) - XR: Tracking space type now falls back to Stationary when boundary hasn't been configured.
- (946714) - XR: Fixed issue with being able to set tracking space type to Stationary.
- (949193) - XR: Camera transform changes during and after tracking loss now mimics other platforms' behavior.
- (963224 - Graphics: Graphical glitches on certain materials when creating a build for Android devices with Vulkan API using Standard shader.
- (966036) - Editor: Input field stays highlighted after Enter key is pressed.