Unity 5.4.0 Beta 5
Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
Unity Editor Windows (X86-64)
5.4.0b5 Release Notes
- After expand/collapse Unity Editor window looks corrupted. If you maximize/minimize/click on windows in Editor they'll return to normal state.
- Bug reporter crashes if it's opened from Finder/Explorer
- Changing the active graphics API in the Editor while a Canvas is in the scene will crash the Editor. As a workaround, open only a new, empty scene before changing graphics API.
- Crash of Standalone player when character with SkinnedMeshRenderer is on the scene
- In deferred rendering, lightmapped objects affected by mixed-mode lights will fallback to forward rendering. Plan to fix this in the future by introducing baked shadow masks.
- Saving a scene on OSX might throw the error in the console: "TLS Allocator ALLOC_TEMP_THREAD..". Happens only on OSX El Capitan (10.11.1). Doesn't happen on OSX 10.10;
- Shadows: Directional shadows will present shadow acnee when using a custom projection matrice and a very large frustum (20k+)
- Unity crashes sometimes after deleting asset files from project folder
- [Billboard][LOD] Unity crashes when picking deleted Speedtree Billboard LOD level
- [GL] [Windows] Unity crashes or hangs with no respond on moving and undocking tabs
- [MonoDevelop] "..UnitTestTextEditorExtension not found.." error message appears when user open script in MonoDevelop
- [Skinning] Skinning broken on Mac
- [Windows][MT] Unity crashes after mass placing SpeedTrees on terrain
- Graphics: Added [ImageEffectAllowedInSceneView] attribute for Image Effects. This will copy the Image effect from the main camera onto the Scene View camera. This can be enabled / disabled in the Scene View effects menu.
- VR: Optimized Single-Pass Stereo Rendering available in Player settings
- Editor: Added EditorSceneManager.DetectCrossSceneReferences API
- Scripting: Improved Instantiate() performance.
- UI: Begin work on improving performance of MaskUtility functions
- UI: UI now sets the texelSize for use in custom shaders
- VisualStudio: Stop using COM to launch VisualStudio for a better immediate feedback experience
- Windows Store: Improved deserialization performance when using .NET scripting backend
- Editor: Fixed when dragging a second scene to Hierarchy the first scene would auto expand
- GI: Fix fallback to non-directional lightmaps on SM2.0 hardware
- Graphics: Fixed null reference exception being thrown when setting null to mesh triangles/indices
- Graphics: Fixed problem of being able to set syncUploadBufferSize below 2 which leads application to crash on startup
- MonoDevelop: Disabled Git, Subversion and NUnit add-ins by default. Fixes issue with being unable to write to newly created scripts
- MonoDevelop: Fixed issue with MonoDevelop showing "��u" symbols in document view after using "Save As"
- MonoDevelop: OSX: Fixed issue with MonoDevelop not working when copied to case-sensitive partition
- MonoDevelop: Show hint in breakpoints dialog that explains exceptions list is generated from currently selected project
- Scripting: GetTransform<>() invoked from a constructor or field initializer could crash Unity.
- Shaders: Fix DX11 shader disassembly not showing correctly in the editor UI for 'show compiled code'.
- UI: All struct value types now use iEquatable to prevent memory allocations
- UI: Changed Canvas scaler to only scale the XY and not the Z of the transform
- UI: Fix for 1/2 pixel offset not working on screen-space camera canvases
- UI: Fix issue where setting canvas scaller to zero would cause a out of memory exception
- UI: Fixed issue where text glyphs would be truncated if any texture filtering occured.
- UI: Fixed issue where UnityEvent wouldn't allow the removeal of events after reload
- UI: Fixed issue with Masking when enabling and disabling graphics
- UI: If the mask is disabled we should use the baseMaterial instead of the masking material
- UI: If the UI shader is not found the default "pink" shader will be used
- UI: Make sure FontUpdateTracker get called for tracking fonts changed in the inspector
- UI: Make sure InputEvents are sent when IME composition strings are updated in Windows Standalone.
- UI: Prevent null list from geting passed as a parameter for VertexHelper functions
- UI: Remove special case ascent calculation for non-dynamic fonts
- UI: The UI batching grid size is not deterministic based on canvas/ element size.
- UI: UI overlay canvas's will now always be drawn ontop in the scene view.
- UI: Use GetRayIntersectionAll in Physics2DRaycaster to get more accurate results.
- UI: When updating rectTransform data make sure comarisons are against old value not the set value
- VR: Exposed Camera.targetEye to script for Virtual reality Applications.
- VR: Fix Screen Orientation on GearVR applications.
- VR: Fixed Splash Screen Aspect ratio issues for VR Applications.
The following are changes and fixes to 5.4.0 features and regressions...
- Graphics: GPU Instancing: Added #pragma instancing_options for specifying instancing-specific options. Currently maxcount is the only option which allows the max batch size (i.e. the array size of the instanced properties) to be configured.
- Graphics: GPU Instancing: Surface shader now supports instancing by simply adding #pragma multi_compile_instancing directive.
- Analytics: Fixed Analytics fails to start on clean install
- Animation: Fixed a bug where Light.m_Enabled didn't animate properly when using AnimationComponent
- Editor: Fix CaptureScreenshot in editor and screen-capturing for Unity Remote
- Editor: Fix the issue that SceneManager.sceneCountInBuildSettings gives 0 until entering play mode
- Editor: Fixed the issue that calling SceneManager.LoadScene** while exiting playmode causes scene unremovable from the hierarchy
- Editor: Make sure persistent transforms are not added to the active scene when running in a player. This could happen if a prefab is loaded from Resources
- GI: Enlighten. Unity crashes if scene is unloaded before it gets a chance to fully load
- Graphics: Fixed GPU Instancing now working with Graphics.DrawMesh.
- iOS/IL2CPP: Prevent a managed exception on 64-bit builds during some array creation operations which has the message "ArgumentException: Destination array was not long enough. Check destIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds".
- Profiler: Fixed missing Worker threads data from Timeline Profiler
- Renderdoc: When making a RenderDoc capture from editor UI, make sure to include the whole frame including user script updates.
- Shaders: During surface shader generation, do not initialise non-vector type members of the Input struct i.e. a struct/int/matrix as a member variable of the Input struct
- Shaders: Fixed a shader compiler crash if a compute shader declares a samplerstate that doesn't match the naming scheme.
- Shaders: When changing shader hardware tier emulation, only reload shaders (not textures/RTs) to stop refl probes breaking.
- Shadows: Change light shadows near plane minimum bound to either 1% of range or 0.1, whichever is lower.
- tvOS: Fixed Apple TV inclusion into Mac and Windows installer sets
- Windows Store: Fixed a "MdilXapCompile failed" error when trying to build Visual Studio project for Windows Phone 8.1. This used to happen when the Unity game had over 8000 classes across all assemblies.
- Windows Store: Fixed a crash which happened on "Windows N" versions when using IL2CPP scripting backend.
- Windows Store: Fixed an issue which caused small tiles get copied to Visual Studio solution incorrectly for Windows Phone 8.1 SDK.
- Windows Store: Fixed Application.Quit() when using D3D project type or IL2CPP scripting backend.
- Windows Store: Fixed error "Task 'ExpandPriContent' failed." which occurred when trying to build an application package with IL2CPP scripting backend when using default Unity icons.
- Windows Store: Fixed Visual studio graphics debugger crashing when trying to debug Windows Phone 8.1 projects.