Real-time filmmaking is taking the industry by storm, giving directors and studios unprecedented artistic freedom in half the time of traditional workflows. Read on to learn about using Unity for short films and episodic TV series.
Harness Unity for film, TV, and other media
See how using real-time platforms as the creative center of your pipeline can dramatically improve your studio’s productivity and bring you closer to your creative vision.
Learn how Digital Monarch Media built virtual production and camera tools in Unity, which helped directors like Steven Spielberg and Denis Villeneuve make creative decisions in real-time.
Watch a demo showing how facial-performance capture using AR can save you days and even weeks of animation work.
See examples of what pioneers of immersive storytelling have created using Unity across a variety of platforms.
The most popular real-time creation platform in the world
Creative center of your pipeline
- Unprecedented collaboration among roles
- Brings artists out of silos for happier teams
- Easy experimentation and fast feedback unleash artistic freedom
- Extensible, so you can integrate your favorite software with Unity’s creation platform
Double your productivity
- Cut production time in half
- Instant iteration – no more render farms!
- World-class, real-time cinematic tools and services
- The Unity Asset Store gives you access to the largest marketplace of off-the-shelf assets
- Everything in previs is usable for your production — and no post-production required
- Huge resource savings
Future-proof your IP
- Kickstart your marketing campaign by re-purposing scenes for companion experiences
- Extend the life of your story by adding sequels or new episodes based off of the same project
- Publish on new platforms that arise after your content is launched – Unity partners early and often with the latest and greatest innovators
Largest community of real-time creators
“Unity Developer” is #7 of the top 10 fastest growing jobs in the US, according to LinkedIn. With the talent pool centralized on Unity Connect, you can find skilled Unity talent to build your team and stay competitive. This is why students choose and invest in learning Unity more than any other real-time platform.
Real-time filmmaking, explained
One of the biggest differences in using a real-time workflow is that all departments are able to begin work immediately, simultaneously, and (most importantly) collaboratively.
Professional Film Training Workshops
This on-site, hands-on workshop taught by our certified Master Trainers guarantees your team will get ramped up and comfortable using Unity quickly, with session content tailored to your studio’s needs.
Sundance Film Festival
Unity is a proud sponsor of the Sundance Film Festival 2018, in which 70% of the interactive pieces selected for the New Frontier exhibit were made with Unity!
Watch a demonstration
See our Sr. Technical Product Manager for Film make a short film from scratch in under an hour!