Unity 5.5.3 Patch 3
Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
Unity Editor Windows (X86-64)
- Asset Bundles: Reduced SerializedFile memory usage when reading streams inside AssetBundles.
- Build Pipeline: Exceptions thrown during the build process (e.g. by user callbacks) will now be treated the same as logged errors, from a reporting and StrictMode point of view.
- Graphics: Added function to allow cube map textures to be compressed from script like their Texture2D counterparts
- (839005) - Android: AndroidJava - return null instead of throwing exceptions on functions which return object, class or array.
- (888859) - Android: Fixed android application building with the latest android sdk.
- (894074) - Android: Fixed ctrl+b shortcut pushing app package even if it failed to build.
- (852582) - Android: Fixed use of presentation display.
- (867508) - Android: Fixed a rare crash on application exit due to UnityWebStreams not getting cleaned up properly.
- (877837) - Android: Fixed WebCamTexture crash with denied permissions.
- (none) - Android: SoftInput - Fixed input field hidden under keyboard when translucent flag is set.
- (875247) - Android: Webcam - Fixed the wrong orientation returned on first frames.
- (896659) - Animation: Fixed crash in prepare frame due to deactivating Animator in script
- (886335) - Animation: Fixed a crash when activating/deactivating GameObject in AnimationWindow.
- (896185) - Asset Pipeline: Fixed an issue when importing assets with name changes that could cause a timestamp mismatch in the database.
- (902580) - Editor: Fixed an issue that prevented the creation of GameObjects with a RectTransform component.
- (873206) - GI: Fixed a crash when creating reflection probes from OnWillRenderObject.
- (882704) - Graphics: Fixed a periodic crash in shadow culling job code (GenerateCombinedDynamicVisibleListJob).
- (884057) - Graphics: Fixed render texture not being cleared on stop for windows.
- (771031) - Graphics: Fixed a crash if Texture.GetPixels/SetPixels is used with invalid input parameters.
- (894071) - IL2CPP: Corrected an error in UnusedBytecodeStripper2 which could occur in some projects: "Member 'System.Type' was declared in another module and needed to be imported.
- (898861) - IL2CPP: Modify the implementation of the IL Switch opcode to workaround a possible C++ compiler bug in Xcode 8.3.
- (866673) - iOS: Fixed framework search paths in Xcode project being incorrectly quoted if they contained spaces.
- (882013) - iOS: Fixed inclusion of ReplayKit framework in plugins.
- (898787) - Kernel: Fixed an issue in JSON parsing that could cause a deserialized box collider to change size.
- (903466) - Lines: Reintroduced missing texture mapping mode, to restore pre-5.5 functionality.
- (898788) - Metal: Fixed unnecessary half to float casts in generated shaders.
- (902758) - Mono: Corrected the handling of C# compiler errors in a column that were more than 255 characters wide.
- (882685) - Particles: Fixed an issue where sub-emitters with a constant seed would not be identical on each subsequent play.
- (880353, 891305, 905608) - Physics 2D: Fixed a crash and infinite loop when triangulating Polygon2D.
- (825679) - UnityWebRequest: Fixed a delay when DNS could not resolve a given URL.
- (893302) - UnityWebRequest: Fixed a hang when using custom download handler script in editor in edit mode.