Unity 5.3.1 Patch 1
Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
- (706098) - Compute: Improved compute shader import times, particularly on Windows (since 5.1 we were always compiling them for GL4.3+GLES3.1 too, while most people only need DX11).
- (754898) - GI: Light probes and ambient (everything with SH calculations) match ground truth more closely now.
- IL2CPP: Optimize method prologues for code size and incremental builds.
- SceneManagement: Add Scene.GetRootGameObjects() to return the root game objects of the scene.
- SceneManagement: Add SceneManager.CreateScene() API to allow creating new empty scene at runtime
- tvOS: Enable Dynamic GI
- iOS: Enable bitcode support by default.
- (687655) - Core: Fixed: Not ignoring '~' folders in projects
- (none) - Android: Fixed NullReferenceException on x86 devices running Android 5.0 or newer.
- (750362) - Android: Fixed Cloth::SetUpSkinnedBuffers() crash.
- (none) - DX11/XB1: Fixed FP16 static batched mesh vertex compression to actually work there, was always decompressing to FP32 before.
- (none) - DX11: Fixed wrong VRAM detection on some Intel GPUs, resulting in shadows not being rendered.
- (none) - Editor: Fixed MissingMethodException when using some of the API from UnityEngine.WSA namespace.
- (754898) - GI: Fixed light probes / skybox ambient being wrong in some cases, 5.3 regression.
- (740808), (747666) - Global Illumination: Enlighten – Fixed an issue where Unity crashed if scene was unloaded before it got a chance to fully load.
- (752879) - Graphics: Fixed - Realtime reflection probes in some cases did not have trilinear filtering properly set on them.
- (691038) - IL2CPP: Ensure thread id is valid for all threads.
- (752737), (751428) - IL2CPP: Fixed an issue that caused a crash in Class::IsSubclassOf.
- (737529) IL2CPP: Fixed ExecutionEngineException being thrown on System.Reflection.MonoProperty::GetterAdapterFrame.
- (752153) - IL2CPP: Implemented out marshaling for arrays correctly.
- (746822) - IL2CPP: Implemented the Thread::Abort and Thread::ResetAbort methods. This should allow a Socket to be closed properly while another thread is waiting in a call to Accept or Connect on that socket.
- (749988), (733609) - IL2CPP: Properly cleanup when a native thread is cancelled rather than exiting normally.
- (750153) - IL2CPP: Provide a proper argument for instance methods on value types invoked via a delegate.
- (none) - iOS/IL2CPP: Fire all GC profiler events. Fixed GC data in internal profiler.
- (755365) - iOS/tvOS: Build all object files with correct SDK.
- (752178) - iOS: Added bitcode support.
- (750311) - iOS: Added Xcode 7.2 to iOS plugin compatibility list.
- (749289) - iOS: Duplicate another image layer when not all are defined.
- (725558) - iOS: Hindi characters are displayed now.
- (none) - Linux: Fixed a corner case where tearing would occur on some WMs even with vsync enabled.
- (753595) - Mecanim: Fixed a bug where lights would not be animated in Legacy.
- (752847) - Mecanim: Fixed a bug where RectTransform couldn't be animated in Legacy.
- (none) - Metal: Wrongly claimed to support DXT1/DXT5 texture formats on iOS, and ETC on Mac.
- (691466) - Mono: Preserve non-volatile XMM registers across calls on 64-bit Windows during JIT compilation.
- (none) - OpenGL core: Fixed shaders with multiple const arrays.
- (755423) - Particles: Fixed error message spam on particle systems that have no particles (5.3.1 regression).
- (none) - SamsungTV: Fixed wrong jpg library access problem.
- (748904) - SceneManagement: Fixed the issue that script association was lost when another scene was loaded.
- (none) - SceneManagement: Fixed the issue that the unloaded scenes would be removed from the hierarchy when entering playmode, if they were first in the hierarchy
- (none) - Shaders: Fixed a bug in Standard shader GGX specular term, introduced in 5.3.
- (none) - Shaders: More proper environment reflection in Standard shader for very rough surfaces.
- (753925) - tvOS: Fixed rendering path selector in player settings.
- (756044) - tvOS: Fixed missing symbols for simulator builds.
- (none) - tvOS: Fixed UnityEngine.Apple.TV.Remote API access in editor.
- (740782) - UI: Fixed crash in some cases after deleting world space Canvas.
- (751207) - Windows Store Apps: Populate autorotation settings to screen manager.
- (752546) - Windows Store Apps: Fixed Directory.CreateDirectory() for forward slashes.
Choose the appropriate installer following the appropriate links at the top of this page.
Also included below are the md5sum and file size in order to verify the full installers have been downloaded correctly. If your installer doesn’t work or reports errors it is possible that your installer is incomplete.