Unity 5.1.1 Patch 1
Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
- Android: Audio - Enabled OpenSL for GearVR.
- Documentation: Docs for Audio / VR / UNet updated.
- iOS/IL2CPP: Load embedded resources in memory-mapped files so that the memory used by those embedded resources is marked as constant.
- Xbox One: Unity now builds with the May 2015 QFE1 XDK. Xbox One developers will need to install this XDK on their development PC and the matching or a later recovery on their console.
- Windows Editor Installer: Use dism.exe to install .net framework5, for a more silent experience when using /S silent installer option.
- (699383) - Animation: Reject avatar creation when the skeleton is missing intermediary bones.
- (690156) - Asset Management: Now allow prefab instances with a missing prefab template to be reparented.
- (692047) - Editor: Removed MSVCRT dependency for WebGL build.
- (700474) - Graphics: Fixed a bug when loading single channel JPEGs using Texture2D.LoadImage.
- (691607), (667147) - iOS/IL2CPP: Corrected an exception during code conversion which has the error message "Invalid global variables count" when converting some UnityScript assemblies.
- (704018) - iOS/IL2CPP: Ensure that GetCurrentMethod returns the proper value, even when the generated native method is inlined.
- (696187) - iOS/IL2CPP: Prevent a C++ compiler error in generated code about an undeclared identifier with the test "Unused local just for stack balance".
- (703294) - iOS/IL2CPP: Prevent an exception during code generation when the default value of a field is not the same type as the field.
- (691008) - iOS/IL2CPP: When compiling scripts for the player, appropriate UnityEngine.UI.dll will be referenced now.
- (695118) ,(701548) - iOS/IL2CPP: Added support for PreserveAttribute to prevent classes, methods, fields and properties from being stripped in IL2CPP.
- (700507) - iOS/IL2CPP: Avoid deadlock during UnloadUnusedAssets.
- (695179) - iOS/IL2CPP: Fixed a crash which occurred when Ldvirtftn opcode was used on a non-virtual method.
- (691404) - iOS/IL2CPP: Fixed a rare case when bytecode stripper would incorrectly strip wrong overloaded generic virtual method.
- (694436) - iOS/IL2CPP: Fixed IL2CPP generated code in if (...) block if the condition operand was an IntPtr.
- (694436) - iOS/IL2CPP: Fixed IL2CPP generated marshaling code for marshaling IntPtr into any other primitive type.
- (702879) - iOS/IL2CPP: Fixed marshaling arrays of structs marked with [Out] attribute.
- (696986) - iOS/IL2CPP: Fixed ConstructorInfo.Invoke() returning null for Nullable types.
- (698589) - iOS/IL2CPP: iOS/IL2CPP: Correct RPC implementation for the UnityEngine.Networking namespace.
- (702696) - iOS/IL2CPP: Prevent a runtime exception with IL code in an enumerator's MoveNext method when the enumerator's return type is a constrained generic type.
- (689410) - iOS: Allow to append builds made with different scripting backend.
- (682882) - iOS: Include iOS Xcode API documentation.
- (none) - Mecanim: Fixed assert when using Optimize Game Object on object that are parented.
- (none) - Mecanim: Fixed crash when using AnimatorController in asset bundles.
- (692633) - Networking: Added missing error message for multiple NetworkManagers in a scene.
- (701421) - Networking: Added missing check for NetworkIdentity on NetworkManager object.
- (699613) - Networking: Added missing error message for more than 32 SyncVars in a NetworkBehaviour script.
- (697809) - Networking: Added missing validation for invalid method signatures on network methods.
- (693234) - Networking: Added missing validation for SyncVars of invalid types.
- (697118) - Networking: Adding missing error message for using network custom attributes in non NetworkBehaviour derived scripts.
- (701760) - Networking: Fix for allowing multiple network components on the same game object.
- (697682) - Networking: Fix for ClientRpc call failing when called on a base class.
- (698103) - Networking: Fix for ClientRpc calls being invoked out of order on localClient.
- (696932) - Networking: Fix for ClientRpc calls not being invoked for scene objects on a local client.
- (697824) - Networking: Fix for exception when sending a game object component as an argument to RPC calls.
- (696579) - Networking: Fix for foldouts in NetworkManager inspector not saving state.
- (none) - Networking: Fix for garbage at the end of broadcast messages.
- (697502) - Networking: Fix for implementing Update() in a class derived from NetworkManager causing client connection callbacks to not be called.
- (697754) - Networking: Fix for isServer still being true after server was stopped.
- (701235) - Networking: Fix for not being able to detect idle connections.
- (697730) - Networking: Fix for setting MaxConnection to zero causing exception in NetworkManager.
- (697102) - Networking: Fix for SyncVars not working with script inheritance.
- (698321) - Networking: Fix for UNetWeaver exception generating an exception when SyncListStruct used directly without a derived class.
- (698732) - Networking: Fix for unserializating NetworkIdentity references failing on a dedicated server.
- (none) - Networking: Fixed - localdiscovery doesn't work on osx and ios.
- (697117) - Networking: NetworkTransform now auto-detects CharacterController and pick the correct sync method when added to a game object.
- (699169) - Physics: Fixed a crash when trying to report a MeshCollider error while the MeshCollider's SharedMesh was null.
- (698701), (698702) - Physics: Fixed HingeJoint SetMotor, SetLimits, SetSpring only being set correctly if the said properties was already enabled.
- (685107) - Physics: Fixed an issue in PhysX where a capsule would fail to collide with a triangle mesh.
- (441764) - Physics: Fixed an issue in PhysX where capsule-capsule collision detection would erroneously fail when the capsules' axes were almost aligned.
- (697849) - Physics: HingeJoint now correctly measures the hinge angle regardless of the initial rotation between the two hinged bodies.
- (686576) - Revert baked lightmap texture compression quality from best back to normal. Speeds up compositing step.
- (none) - Shaders: Fixed broken constant buffer info on OpenGL ES compute shaders with multiple kernels
- (676585) - Substance: Fix hang/crash when entering playmode with the Profiler window open.
- (none) - Tizen: Added docs about native plugins on Tizen.
- (none) - Tizen: Added Tizen to the default platforms list.
- (none) - Tizen: Fixed plugin loading.
- (689600) - UI: Number of batches created for UI scene back down to 5.0 number.
- (697556) - Unified GL: Fixed a crash when current and pending framebuffers have different attachment counts.
- (697556) - Unified GL: Fix for DX11-style Depth-of-Field image effect: fix boolean variable handling in shader compiler.
- (none) - Unified GL: Fix for shader errors when swizzles were incorrectly applied to scalar values.
- (702042) - VR: Enabling / disabling virtual reality support in the editor nolonger affects standalone players.
- (none) - VR: Fixed anti aliasing.
- (none) - VR: Fixed aspect ratio of game view and standalone window.
- (none) - VR: Fixed linear lighting.
- (none) - WebGL: Fixed error messages when refreshing or unloading the page.
- (none) - WebGL: Fixed an issue using System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream API.
- (none) - WebGL: Fixed WWW Downloads failing if they take longer then 5 seconds.
- (694021) - Windows Phone 8.1: Fixed simulator build.
- (704102) - Windows Phone 8: Fixed crash when building from Editor.
- (702282) - Windows Store Apps/Windows Phone: Fixed an issue with connecting to server using UNet.
- (670992) - Windows Store Apps/Windows Phone: Fixed serialization when inheriting from class from another assembly with internal field
- (699656) - Windows Store Apps/Windows Phone: Fixed variable synchronization between WinRT and Mono players (UNet).
- (693303) - Windows Store Apps: Fixed extended splash screen sizing on wp8.1 and scaled WSA.
- (695285) - Xbox One: Disabled standard splash screen on Xbox One, which was showing up as a blank grey screen after the initial OS load splash screen.
- (none) - Xbox One: Socket descriptions now require template to function (as of April XDK). The editor GUI has been updated to make templates mandatory for all socket descriptions.
- (none) - Xbox One: The auto-added port for script debugging now implements a template, and works again. It will also get auto-added if you specify to auto-connect the profiler.
- VR: When upgrading an Oculus / GearVR project from the legacy Oculus Unity Integration Plugin to 5.1 Unity VR, be sure to remove any Oculus plugins from your project to avoid deploy / runtime errors.
- GearVR: Unity Personal Edition with 5.1 Unity VR support results in a crash. Please use the Oculus Unity Integration Plugin until this issue is resolved in a future patch.
Choose the appropriate installer following the appropriate links at the top of this page.
Also included below are the md5sum and file size in order to verify the full installers have been downloaded correctly. If your installer doesn’t work or reports errors it is possible that your installer is incomplete.
Size & md5sum for Mac
Size & md5sum for PC