Unity 5.0.0 Patch 3
Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
- Platforms: Unity Professional users can now optionally show the builtin Unity Splash Screen on applicable platforms. Setting is in the Player Settings.
- Android: Added FB clear to devices that would prefer discard FB but don't have the discard frame buffer extension.
- Android: Added profiling stats for blit to screen and input processing.
- Android: Joystick input optimization, fixes slowdown on some older devices.
- Android: Parsing device specific xml font configurations to determine system/fallback fonts in addition to the hard-coded list of fontnames.
- Android: Splash screen is now shown in full screen mode.
- GI: Don't calculate AO when AO exponent is 0.
- GI: Output more stats per system and in total: vertex count, face count, chart count and texel count.
- GI: Removed an unnecessary warning that realtime GI is not supported on PS3 and Xbox360 when finishing a bake in non-continuous mode.
- GI: Sped up baked lightmaps compositing.
- GI: Spit out timings of the precompute and bake to the Editor log. Timer resets when clearing GI data, exiting continuous mode or cancelling a bake.
- iOS: Improve launch screen support
- Added option to disable launch screen
- Added option to display relatively sized image on a specific background
- Linux: Query Mesa driver for amount of video memory when feasible.
- Physics 2D: Joint2D property 'collideConnected' renamed to 'enableCollision' to match 3D physics.
- Physics 2D: PlatformEffector2D property renames based upon feedback: oneWay->useOneWay, sideFriction->useSideFriction & sideBounce->useSideBounce.
- (666924) - AI: Fixed an issue where using all navmesh area types in mask didn't work.
- (682031) - AI: Fixed an issue where warping disabled agents would leak simulated agent.
- (675563) - Android: Fixed an issue with the job system which caused battery drain and bad performance.
- (675681) - Android: Fixed Auto target graphics mode on devices which think they support ES 3.0 without proper hardware.
- (none) - Android: Fixed crashes / touch problems when applying ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik to a non-NativeActivity.
- (680724) - Android: Fixed non-hidden status bar and status bar related touch issues.
- (678003) - Android: Fixed sensor compensation issue affecting devices when rotated180 degrees.
- (681045) - Android: Input - Fixed axis stuck on Android TV after hiding keyboard.
- (none) - Android: Removed some bogus print-outs to the logcat regarding gles_mode and development_player.
- (676721) - Asset Loading: Fixed loading of GI data from an AssetBundle.
- (677465) - Asset Loading: Fixed the issue that streamed scenes don't draw layered UI in canvases correctly.
- (669690) - Audio: Fixed "Trying to play disposed sound!" error message.
- (672225), (664705), (679685) - BugReporter: Send empty subdirectories of directory attachment. Improved filtering of unnecessary subdirectories under Unity project. Can launch when some parts of the engine might not be initialized yet.
- (677033) - Editor: Plugin inspector - set ARMv6 Android plugins incompatible to avoid collisions.
- (679482) - GI: Fixed "Mobile/Unlit (Supports Lightmap)" shader and other fixed function shaders using lightmaps.
- (677475) - GI: Made Gradient ambient mode properly affect realtime and baked GI.
- (663176) - GI: Made lightmaps be properly compressed on mobile platforms.
- (none) - GI: Report errors from jobs correctly when run in an external process.
- (none) - GI: Reset the texture filter mode after rendering object preview in lighting window.
- (678107), (662774), (677833), (678139), (674949), (676451), (676587), (678318) - iOS/IL2CPP: Correct a number of problems related to WebRequest and ThreadPool interaction:
- Fixed WebRequests getting stuck in socket polling stage when the stage should be skipped.
- Fixed a queuing bug that may lead to WebRequests arriving at the same time and being used incorrectly.
- Fixed deadlock when socket exits polling stage when I/O pool is at max capacity and worker threads are in wait state.
- Fixed race condition in static constructor calling.
- Fixed assert "pthread_equal (pthread_self (), m_Handle) && 'Must be called on current thread!'".
- Fixed thread interruption logic incorrectly thinking that another thread was still waiting.
- Fixed deadlock on shutdown if socket polling thread was still waiting for network traffic.
- (none) - iOS/IL2CPP: Corrected a problem with Delegate.CreateDelegate.
- (677830) - iOS/IL2CPP: Explicitly declare generic types and array types that are created at run-time via Type.MakeGenericType and Type.MakeArrayType in the il2cpp_extra_types.txt file, so that IL2CPP will AOT compile them.
- (669282) - iOS/IL2CPP: Handle 4D arrays.
- (none) - iOS/IL2CPP: Handle delegate invoke with nested delegates where the method which is invoked on the outer delegate is a static method.
- (none) - iOS/IL2CPP: Assembly.Load() now accepts assembly name in full name format.
- (679271) - iOS/Metal: Fixed FFP codegen in case of cubemaps are used.
- (681081) - iOS/Metal: Fixed RT mip-map generation.
- (677604) - iOS/Metal: Fixed vector_insert_TODO appearing in some shaders.
- (673954) - iOS: Added Xcode 6.3 compatibility.
- (none) - iOS: Disabled unnecessary copies of dll files to the Xcode project directory.
- (668997) - iOS: Exposed iOSOverrideIPodMusic in player settings.
- (664563) - iOS: Fixed a typo in UnityRegisterViewControllerListener().
- (none) - iOS: Fixed an issue with the job system which caused battery drain and bad performance.
- (681023) - iOS: Fixed changing from autorotation to enforced screen orientation in case of this orientation being already current.
- (674057) - iOS: Fixed iPad Mini 3rd gen detection.
- (668511), 672455) - iOS: Improved Xcode project handling robustness.
- (652658) - iOS: Report a fake Status: HTTP header for informational purposes.
- (none) - iOS: Set default scripting backend to il2cpp on iOS.
- (669467) - iOS: Show an error on removal of targets in Xcode project.
- (675838) - Linux: Fixed crash when swapping UI sprites.
- (675838) - Linux: Hide system cursor when using software cursor.
- (681446) - Physics 2D: Center-of-mass and Inertia can now be set on a Rigidbody2D component even if it has no Collider2D components attached.
- (663460) - Physics 2D: Stop 2D colliders falling through EdgeCollider2D components.
- (680467) - Physics 2D: Stop crash when NULL passed to 'Collider2D.IsTouching', 'Physics2D.IsTouching' or 'Physics2D.IsTouchingLayers'.
- (648782) - Rendering: Now the back buffer is cleared after the resolution is changed from a script in Windows standalone.
- (668199) - Serialization: Fixed crash when reading file references from long property names.
- (none) - Terrain: Fixed a crash when a terrain was using TerrainData with missing textures.
- (677464), (675843), 677090) - Terrain: Fixed an issue where modifying terrain heights would result in an inconsistency between the visual and the collision.
- (647126) - WWW: Fixed incorrect HTTP status 100 when POST data was relatively large.
Choose the appropriate installer following the appropriate links at the top of this page.
Also included below are the md5sum and file size in order to verify the full installers have been downloaded correctly. If your installer doesn’t work or reports errors it is possible that your installer is incomplete.