Unity 5.3.0 Beta 6
Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
Unity Editor Windows (X86-64)
- OSX has a number of graphical issues in the editor with the new OpenGL core. If --force-opengl resolves them, the next release should likely resolve them.
- Physics: Allow the PhysX CharacterController to consider the slope limit for Rigidbodies. This fixes bugs where the CharacterController could climb on very steep slopes on Rigidbodies. Restores Unity4 behavior.
- Expose the error tolerance on SpringJoint. This allows the springs to have a rest length shorter than the default 2.5 cm.
- Editor: Fixed issue with unnecessary whitespace being added to generated MonoDevelop/VS solution (.sln) files after each update.
- Editor: Removed MonoDevelop Solution Properties checkbox from External Tools. Unity no longer writes MonoDevelop code formatting settings into MonoDevelopSolutionProperties in .sln file.
- GI: Fixed crash when calling SetEmissive for a system with no radiosity data available.
- Mecanim: Added type check when firing events with Object parameters.
- Mecanim: Changed error message when animator transitions cannot be previewed
- Mecanim: Fixed a problem with state machines where Animation events on the first frame wouldn't fire in some cases
- Mecanim: Fixed Animator.Play not working on 1st frame when enabling GameObject.
- Mecanim: Fixed blending that was different when swapping OverrideController at runtime.
- Mecanim: Fixed crash when enabling an Animator on an object that was disabled then re-enabled.
- Mecanim: Fixed error when adding transition.
- Mecanim: Fixed Event key in animation window is not movable if keyframe is added.
- Mecanim: Fixed speed being not applied correctly when manually updating Animator.
- OpenGL: Fixed editor font rendering, characters disappearing.
- Physics: Fixed issues where PhysX SphereCasts would return an incorrect collision point for a scaled non-convex MeshCollider
The following are changes and fixes to 5.3 features and regressions...
- Disabled the "Resample Rotations" option in humanoid because it had issues.
- MSE: SceneManager API are now using enums instead of bools for better readability
- MSE: SceneManager related classes have now been placed in namespaces: UnityEngine.SceneManagement and UnityEditor.SceneManagement
- GI: Cache final light color in Linear space so we don't need to do GammaToLinearSpace() when calculating Spherical Harmonics on every object. Fixes performance regression.
- IL2CPP: Prevent a crash in the player in MetadataCache::GetTypeInfoFromTypeDefinitionIndex when a constrained call is made to a generic virtual method defined on a value type.
- IL2CPP: Prevent a memory leak that caused some GCHandles, including those used to reference MonoBehaviour instances, from being correctly reclaimed by the garbage collector.
- Mecanim: Fixed a regression where some Light properties could not be animated