We launched new and updated services that are focused on quick setup and easy access for developers working on any kind of multiplayer game, using any tech stack they want to.
Accelerate multiplayer game development with UGS Multiplayer Solutions
Unity’s Multiplayer Solutions saw an expansion in its capabilities with the launch of Unity Game Server Hosting (Multiplay) and Matchmaker self-serve, Netcode for GameObjects, and a new battle royale sample made in partnership with Photon.
Want to know what it takes to build a successful multiplayer game? This year we worked with some great studios to tell their stories.
Want to see what you can do with these tools in a real environment? In 2022, we published new samples to get you started quickly and easily.
We published a landmark report in 2022 to help you understand what consumers want from their multiplayer games and arm you with the knowledge to make the best decisions for your projects in 2022 and beyond.
Unity Multiplayer Report 2022
- As the market expands and more complex multiplayer games are made, the list of areas to focus on and understand grows.
- Unity surveyed more than 1,500 multiplayer gamers in the US, UK, Japan, and Korea to provide you with data to improve your game
- 52% of the population play games, and 77% of those play multiplayer games
- 61% of multiplayer gamers purchased DLC in the thirty days before being surveyed
- 56% of gamers prefer creating chat parties in-game
- Download the full report to dive into practical takeaways on a huge range of topics like genre popularity, player communication trends, must-have in-game features, and more
Getting to know UGS Multiplayer
As we launched our new suite of tools, we made sure that we had some short and snappy videos to tell developers what our services are all about.
From introducing concepts and use-cases, to getting hands on and showing you how to integrate features you want for your multiplayer games, the guides we published this year feature some of the greatest multiplayer minds at Unity.