Unity 5.6.1 Patch 2
Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
Unity Editor Windows (X86-64)
- Improve Outline Editor module performance in Sprite Editor Window.
- SpriteRenderer's Sprite Tiling behavior changed when width/height is negative value.
- Update BoxCollider2D Sprite Tiling generation to produce cleaner shape
- (888016) - 2D: Changed warning message "MaterialPropertyBlock is used to modify these values" to info message.
- (903668) - 2D: Fixed an issue whereby blue line briefly flickers when moving mouse in Sprite Editor "Edit Outline" mode in OSX Metal.
- (871871) - 2D: Added Sprite changes in play mode when using [TIGHT] texture packing and high quality compression.
- (897066) - 2D: Fixed an issue whereby Sprite packer caused Out of memory error.
- (906017) - AI: Added missing API for minimum region area when building a NavMesh using the runtime API.
- (906012) - AI: Fixed an internal limitation of slope maximum of 60 degrees when building a NavMesh using the runtime API.
- (902956) - AI: Fixed an issue where carving obstacles could create wrongly shaped holes on NavMesh instances of arbitrary rotation.
- (886302) - AI: Fixed missing support for triangulating NavMesh instances with arbitrary rotation.
- (905621) - AI: Fixed a regression where a NavMeshAgent with 'autoTraverseOffMeshLink' set to false would not move freely.
- (904910) - AI: Fixed a crash happening when Warp() is called many times for a NavMeshAgent.
- (none) - Android: Buildpipe - Fixed slow loading with OBB by processing streaming assets in obbassets
- (900191) - Android: Dropped obscured touch events to prevent tapjacking.
- (867891) - Android: Fixed pause/resume issues when loading with static splash image.
- (905581) - Android: Make SoftInput not take fullscreen on landscape orientation.
- (908999) - Animation: Fixed animating Material Vector4 properties when in linear color space.
- (908960) - Animation: Fixed a crash when loading an asset bundle with an override animator controller.
- (865770) - BuildPipeline: Fixed an issue when trying to build asset bundles for target other than what was selected in Build Settings.
- (none) - Editor: Fixed 1-dimensional sphere bounds handle had no wireframe representation.
- (888678) - Editor: Fixed an issue where the editor would go unresponsive and text would turn red ("Missing built-in guistyle", "Unable to find style").
- (879531) - Editor: Fixed an invalid index error when deleting custom resolution in game view.
- (none) - Editor: Fixed PrimitiveBoundsHandle.DrawHandle() not resetting Handles.color if alt-clicking to rotate camera.
- (889776) - Fix to prevent crashes in the editor due to UI and animation
- (908990) - Fixed an issue where plugins would only clear part of the framebuffer when single pass stereo is enabled. This also fixes VRWorks' Single Pass Stereo and Lens matched shading.
- (891834) - GI: Avoid a threading issue, where the Progressive Lightmapper cannot find an instances when it was removed too fast.
- (726106) - GI: Fixed "Bake paused in play mode" hanging on opening another scene in Play mode.
- (899488) - GI: Fixed AddInstanceProperties errors thrown when baking progressive lightmapper.
- (875096) - GI: Fixed baked Area light affecting objects behind meshes where light shouldn't be present.
- (902205) - GI: Fixed halos display when more than 64 of them.
- (898200) - GI: Fixed an issue where Final Gather would cause light bleeding when baking with the Enlighten lightmapper backend.
- (875894) - GI: Fixed quality Level button not wide enough and clips text.
- (893958) - GI: Stop Gauss filter from correcting certain pixel values in invalid regions.
- (none) - GI: Synchronized Box Projection option in Reflection Probe component with the global setting from current Tier Settings. When the option in Tier Settings is disabled, the probe UI with show a disabled unchecked checkbox for Box Projection.
- (none) - GI: Updated the tooltip for Box Projection option in Reflection Probe component. The setting can be affected by the Reflection Probes Box Projection setting in the Tier Settings.
- (751629) - GI: Visible artifact when using point lights in linear color space.
- (900888) - GI: When editing Lightprobes they can be duplicated.
- (901649) - Graphics: Fixed coherent alpha channel importing for various image format especially formats with more than 32-bits per pixel. Do not generate alpha channel if the alpha value is constant in the source texture.
- (879378) - Graphics: Fixed CommandBuffer.Blit always writing to the first depth slice of a 3D render target and ignoring the depthSlice parameter.
- (898318) - Graphics: Fixed a crash and error when attempting to set color surface as depth render target or vice-versa.
- (896686) - Graphics: Fixed a crash in Graphics.Blit() with a NULL source and destination.
- (897665) - Graphics: Fixed a crash when using DestroyImmediate() on a RenderTexture in OnPreRender callback.
- (871140) - Graphics: Fixed Cubemap.GetPixel returning the wrong data from a BC6H compressed cubemap.
- (903790) - Graphics: Fixed an issue where instancing variants being incorrectly stripped away for shaders that use fallback mechanism for e.g. shadow caster pass.
- (822255) - Graphics: Fixed Mesh (and memory) leaks when the Profiler window is open.
- (902409) - Graphics: Fixed RenderToCubemap when using a HDR enabled Camera. This fixes prevents error message "Releasing render texture whose render buffer is set as Camera's target buffer with Camera.SetTargetBuffers!".
- (899324) - Graphics: Fixed Texture and Cubemap Arrays only containing the first texture in Standalone builds.
- (878724) - Graphics: Fixed UI and gizmo being rendered with the wrong gamma in scene view.
- (901270) - Graphics: Fixed Windows Standalone player sometimes crashing on display activation when color space in player settings is set to Linear.
- (none) - Graphics: Improve the documentation for RenderTexture to clarify the behaviour of RenderTexture.DiscardContents
- (889652) - Graphics: Update documention to clairfy that a MaterialPropertyBlock cannot set the render state.
- (none) - INTERNAL: Android: Buildpipe - Print the step duration in the editor log
- (880426) - Linux: Fixed uninitialized screen dimensions at startup with some window managers.
- (none) - Linux: Unlock cursor when switching from Locked to Confined mode.
- (826473) - Mobile: Disabled RunInBackground on Android and iOS.
- (847798) - Mono: Corrected an invalid C# compiler error with generic types in compiler generated code (like lambdas and enumerators). The error from the C# compiler often includes this text: "There is no boxing or type parameter conversion from...".
- (910101, 875075) - Mono: Fixed Mono C# compiler on Windows when using "non-standard" locales.
- (none) - Multiplayer: Network simulator works again.
- (905335) - NavMesh: Fixed the tile carving algorithm so that it's capable of handling colinear degenerate triangles. This was causing the generated NavMesh to have a double line on polygon and was causing a trembling movement for its associated GameObject.
- (896001) - Particles: Fixed a crash on certain Android hardware caused by zero sized particles.
- (907407) - Physics: Do not show missing Effector2D warning in Collider2D inspector when the Collider2D is using a CompositeCollider2D.
- (907157) - Physics: Fixed a crash when removing a CompositeCollider2D.
- (792933) - Scene Management : Fixed an issue where objects marked as 'DoNotDestroyOnLoad' and are disabled could be deleted on scene load/unload
- (901719) - Shaders: Fixed an incorrect shader translation to GLSL and Metal shader code from a logical OR on boolean vectors. Fixed shader compile errors on Vulkan eg "Shader error in 'Hidden/Post FX/Screen Space Reflection': '' : compilation terminated at line 141 (on vulkan)".
- (none) - Shaders: Fixed an incorrect shader translation to GLSL and Metal shader code from unsigned divide operation.
- (891914) - Shaders: Prevent assert failures and crashes when attempting to compile tessellation or geometry shaders on platforms where they're not supported.
- (898850) - Shaders: Vulkan added support for vector scalar expansion constructors. Fixed crashes with errors like "SymGetSymFromAddr64 error: 'Attempt to access invalid address.'"
- (911205) - VR: Enabled termination of Cardboard applicaiton when pressing the <- button during the splash screen.
- (891965) - VR: Fixed iOS crash in SetTexture() with Google VR SDK 1.2.
- (895810) - WebGL: Fixed unresponsiveness when loading cashed AssetBundles with WWW.LoadFromCacheOrDownload.
- (916838) - Transform handles are lit and hidden by light source - this will be fixed in one of the patches soon.
- (915659) - Crash building player if project has shaders with errors, this one regressed in this patch. This will be fixed in the next patch 5.6.1p3.