Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
Unity Editor Windows (X86-64)
New to Unity? Get started
- Compute: Improved compute shader import times, particularly on Windows. Since 5.1 we were always compiling them for GL4.3+GLES3.1 too, while most people only need DX11. (706098)
- Editor: Added link to learn more about Unity Cloud Build in the Build Player window.
- Editor/Scenes: Add Scene.GetRootGameObjects() to return the root game objects of the scene.
- Editor/Scenes: Add SceneManager.CreateScene() API to allow creating new empty scene at runtime.
- GI: Light probes and ambient (everything with SH calculations) match ground truth more closely now. (754898)
- IL2CPP: Optimize method prologues for code size and incremental builds.
- iOS: Added bitcode support. (752178)
- iOS/IL2CPP: Added support for Xcode 7.3 (don't use __declspec attributes).
- Samsung TV: Added support for 2016 TVs.
- Tizen: Now supports tizenstore URL protocol to open up Tizen store pages.
- tvOS: Enable Dynamic GI.
- VR: Applications that lost focus no longer throttle the CPU.
- iOS: Enable bitcode support by default.
- Editor/Scenes: Prevent calling some Editor mode only APIs on EditorSceneManager from play mode, including EditorSceneManager.OpenScene, EditorSceneManager.SaveScene etc.
- Editor/Scenes: Prevent calling some play mode only APIs on SceneManager from Editor mode, including SceneManager.LoadLevel, SceneManager.LoadLevelAsync etc.
- Android: Fixed crash when loading many asset bundles. (743739)
- Android: Fixed crash in Cloth vertex buffer setup. (750362)
- Android: Fixed NullReferenceException on x86 devices running Android 5.0 or newer.
- Animation: Fixed an issue with stepped keys having the wrong value. (745139)
- Animation: Fixed animation events not firing on the last frame of a looping animation. (745781)
- Animation: Fixed crash when deleting all Euler keys in animation curve. (754373)
- Animation: Fixed Crossfade called subsequently not properly interrupting transition. (753866)
- API Updater: Fixed possible crashes in script updater when resolving types.
- AssetBundles: Fixed AssetBundle.CreateFromFile retaining file descriptor. (715753)
- AssetBundles: Fixed excessive memory usage when decompressing asset bundles with many objects inside.
- AssetBundles: Fixed memory leak when loading asset bundles with LZMA compression.
- AssetBundles: Fixed possible asset bundle caching error when starting multiple downloads with an empty cache.
- AssetBundles: Fixed the asset bundle reading bug when compressed data could be read as uncompressed.
- Core: '~' folders were no longer ignored in projects; fixed. (687655)
- DX11: Improved performance in GPU bound scenarios. (747492)
- DX11: Fixed wrong VRAM detection on some Intel GPUs, resulting in shadows not being rendered.
- DX11/XB1: Fixed FP16 static batched mesh vertex compression to actually work there, was always decompressing to FP32 before.
- Editor: Display console platform doc items in the help menu, when console docs are present, but the main documentation is not installed. (754108)
- Editor: Fixed MissingMethodException when using some APIs from UnityEngine.WSA namespace.
- Editor: Make right and left arrow select next/previous parent for fast expand/collapse in hierarchy views. (752821)
- Editor/Scenes: Fixed a crash when trying to get the root count on an invalid Scene. (752423)
- Editor/Scenes: Fixed loading new unsaved scene during playmode using Application.LoadLevel(index) or SceneManager.LoadScene(index). (751923)
- Editor/Scenes: Fixed the issue that script association was lost when another scene was loaded. (748904)
- Editor/Scenes: Fixed the issue that the unloaded scenes would be removed from the hierarchy when entering playmode, if they were first in the hierarchy.
- Editor/Scenes: Now make sure inspector in ActiveEditorTracker for MonoBehaviours are not garbage collected. The ActiveEditorTracked manages the objects itself. (753550)
- Editor/Scenes: Throw null reference exception if SerializedObject has been disposed. (752599)
- Global Illumination: Enlighten; fixed an issue where Unity crashed if scene was unloaded before it got a chance to fully load. (740808, 747666)
- Global Illumination: Fixed light probes / skybox ambient being wrong in some cases, 5.3 regression. (754898)
- Graphics: More consistency between editor & player when setting up color space sRGB write modes. (754487)
- Graphics: Fixed an issue where enabling vertex compression for positions could result in geometry not being rendered. (754928)
- Graphics: Realtime reflection probes in some cases did not have trilinear filtering properly set on them; fixed. (752879)
- Graphics: Fixed crash when setting shader properties.
- IL2CPP: Do not incorrectly free blittable arrays marshaled as [In,Out] parameters. (760943)
- IL2CPP: Ensure that the header file for a type defined in a different assembly is included when that type is used for a method parameter. (755088)
- IL2CPP: Ensure thread ID is valid for all threads. (691038)
- IL2CPP: Fixed an issue that caused a crash in Class::IsSubclassOf. (752737), (751428)
- IL2CPP: Fixed double.Parse with InvariantCulture. (752197)
- IL2CPP: Fixed ExecutionEngineException being thrown on System.Reflection.MonoProperty::GetterAdapterFrame. (737529)
- IL2CPP: Fixed StateMachineBehaviour messages not being executed if stripping is enabled. (753610)
- IL2CPP: Forward declare a type and marshaled type in the method declarations header for marshaling methods so that the order of includes does not matter. (756447)
- IL2CPP: Implemented out marshaling for arrays correctly. (752153)
- IL2CPP: Implemented support for MetadataToken property on the following types: FieldInfo, EventInfo, MethodInfo, ConstructorInfo, PropertyInfo, Type, and Module. (670027)
- IL2CPP: Implemented the Thread::Abort and Thread::ResetAbort methods. This should allow a Socket to be closed properly while another thread is waiting in a call to Accept or Connect on that socket. (746822)
- IL2CPP: Prevent a NotImplementedException exception from occurring in il2cpp.exe when the Unbox opcode is used with certain generics. This usually occurs when an assembly is built with Visual Studio. (758926)
- IL2CPP: Properly cleanup when a native thread is cancelled rather than exiting normally. (749988, 733609)
- IL2CPP: Provide a proper argument for instance methods on value types invoked via a delegate. (750153)
- IL2CPP: Removed an unnecessary Box used to null check before calling a virtual method.
- iOS: Added font containing Lao characters to the fallback list. (750357)
- iOS: Added Xcode 7.2 to iOS plugin compatibility list. (750311)
- iOS: Duplicate another image layer when not all are defined. (749289)
- iOS: Fixed Apple Pencil position reporting on iPad Pro.
- iOS: Hindi characters are displayed now. (725558)
- iOS/IL2CPP: Correct stack traces in exception messages, which could sometimes miss managed frames. (754539)
- iOS/IL2CPP: Fire all GC profiler events. Fixed GC data in internal profiler.
- iOS/tvOS: Build all object files with correct SDK. (755365)
- Linux: Fixed a corner case where tearing would occur on some window managers even with VSync enabled.
- Mecanim: Fixed a bug where Euler rotations would be retained in scene after scrubbing animation. (754562)
- Mecanim: Fixed a bug where Euler rotations would not work in Legacy Animations. (752955)
- Mecanim: Fixed a bug where lights would not be animated in Legacy mode. (753595)
- Mecanim: Fixed a bug where RectTransform couldn't be animated in Legacy. (752847)
- Metal: Wrongly claimed to support DXT1/DXT5 texture formats on iOS, and ETC on Mac.
- Mono: Preserve non-volatile XMM registers across calls on 64-bit Windows during JIT compilation. (691466)
- Networking: Added a 'connecting' state and cancel button to NetworkManagerHUD UI to prevent multiple attempts to connect at the same time. (748936)
- Networking: Fixed 'recursion depth exceeded' error for complex NetworkBehaviour scripts. (757766)
- Networking: Fixed ClientScene object list being wrong after host migration. (746011)
- Networking: Fixed NetworkAnimator not working for non-player objects (755391)
- Networking: Fixed NetworkServer.SendToAll sends the message to the host twice. (756153)
- Networking: Fixed SyncEvent regression issue. (755450)
- Networking: Fixed SyncList updates don't use a configurable network channel. (745795)
- Networking: Fixed UI that allowed host migration to be enabled for WebGl platform where it is not supported. (744002)
- Networking: OnStopAuthority called on server when it should not be. (751239)
- Networking: Prevent [Command] functions from accepting NetworkConnection objects as parameters, which causes a UNetWeaver error. (729157)
- Networking: Prevent NetworkIdentity objects from being server-only and local-player-authority at the same time, as this is not a valid configuration. (749338)
- OpenGL Core: Fixed a crash with AMD and NVIDIA on Windows when using RenderTexture with recent drivers.
- OpenGL Core: Fixed a crash with Intel GPUs on Linux.
- OpenGL Core: Fixed shaders with multiple constant arrays.
- OpenGL Core: Fixed text rendering with AMD GPUs on OSX 10.9.
- OpenGL ES: Fixed crashes with new Samsung firmware. (756734, 756754)
- OpenGL ES: Fixed mipmap generation for render textures. (751743)
- OpenGL: Fixed binary shader cache, cache was always disabled. (742591)
- OpenGL (legacy): Added work around buffer state tracking failure.
- Particles: Fixed error message spam on particle systems that have no particles (5.3.1 regression). (755423)
- Physics: Fixed memory corruption/crash when deactivating a collider from inside of OnTriggerStay. (744007)
- Physics: PlatformEffector2D now supports negative scaling on parent Transform. (755612)
- Profiler: Fixed excessive memory usage in development players.
- Samsung TV: Fixed the smarthub button problem.
- Samsung TV: Fixed wrong JPG library access problem.
- Scripting: UnusedByteCodeStripper2 will show a better error message when processing assemblies, so it will be easier to identify offending assembly. (750266)
- Shaders: During surface shader generation, do not initialise non-vector type members of the Input struct i.e. a struct/int/matrix as a member variable of the Input struct. (759336)
- Shaders: Fixed a bug in Standard shader GGX specular term, introduced in 5.3.
- Shaders: More proper environment reflection in Standard shader for very rough surfaces.
- Substance: Fixed a crash when checking/unchecking 'Generate all outputs' or 'Generate mipmaps' on OSX. (752039)
- Substance: Fixed a crash when reimporting SBSARs with multiple material instances on OSX. (751300)
- Substance: Fixed a rare crash that could happen around the destruction of animated ProceduralMaterials. (750442)
- Substance: Fixed console spam about unavailable material properties.
- Substance: Fixed editor stutter when using RebuildTextures on OSX. (663236)
- Substance: Fixed emission color being set to opaque white when resetting a ProceduralMaterial.
- Substance: Fixed textures not properly generated on player awake when affected only by constant inputs. (754556)
- Substance: Output textures from ProceduralMaterials without any input are now always generated.
- tvOS: Fixed missing symbols for simulator builds. (756044)
- tvOS: Fixed rendering path selector in player settings. (753925)
- tvOS: Fixed UnityEngine.Apple.TV.Remote API access in editor.
- UI: Added fix so that the placeholder text is enabled when the InputField is deactivated and the text is empty.
- UI: Fixed crash in some cases after deleting world space Canvas. (740782)
- UI: Removed remaining uses of multiple display system (temporary fix while non-native resolutions are not supported). (741751)
- VR: Fixed Lines & Trail rendering; was offset for one eye. (754068)
- VR: Fixed Render Scale not reverting after being edited in play mode. (731324)
- VR: Fixed VRDevice.isPresent reporting true on first frame if Device was not connected at start. (732236)
- VR: Stereo Cameras correctly respect camera depth when rendering to the game view and HMD. (753256)
- WebGL: Fixed a crash when setting Application.runInBackground, if Strip Engine Code is enabled. (758120)
- WebGL: Prevent browser from processing Arrow Keys. (740182)
- WebGL: Prevent browser from processing Backspace and Tab key presses. (747236)
- Windows Store: Fixed incorrect display of Korean characters on Windows 10 (if Korean language pack is not installed) and Windows Phone 10, Unity will now fallback to "Malgun Gothic" font.
- Windows Store: Fixed Directory.CreateDirectory() for forward slashes. (752546)
- Windows Store: Populate autorotation settings to screen manager. (751207)
- Windows Store: Fixed a build failure (rrw failure) when calling methods with System.Numerics.Matrix4x4 as parameter. (754533)
- Windows Store: Fixed AccessViolationException when initializing matchmaking in UNet. (747549)
- Windows Store: Fixed player crashing on startup on .NET scripting backend. (746301)
- Windows Store: Fixed Screen.SetResolution when upscaling lower resolution to fullscreen, previously you would see a corrupt image on the screen. (756086)
- Windows Store: Fixed TouchScreenKeyboard crashes when it's members are used immediately after Open(). (755473)
- Windows Store: Fixed WheelCollider on x64 (NullReferenceException occurring). (730289)
- Windows Store: RunInBackground option will be respected when application window looses focus, and if enabled, the application will keep updating. Note: if application window is minimized it will be still paused, because OS suspends the application. (759166)