Unity 5.6.3 Patch 2
Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
Unity Editor Windows (X86-64)
- Editor: Added editor strings (profiler, Unity remote & etc.) for 2nd gen. iPad Pro.
- DX12 Native Rendering Plugin improvements - exposed extra functionality for working with backbuffers/fixed threading issues.
- Editor On Material inspector "Enable Instancing" is changed to "Enable GPU Instancing".
- Android: Backed out android resource override fix.
- (935105) - AI: NavMeshBuilder can now use non-read/write meshes to generate NavMeshes in edit mode.
- (none) - Analytics: Switched the analytics events sent to the new protocol.
- (925738) - Android: VideoPlayer - Fixed an issue where H264 video did not loop on HTC One (OS 4.2.2).
- (925797) - Android: Fixed a regression that was causing the incorrect scaling of the splash screen.
- (924780, 924784) - Android: Gradle: Added settingsTemplate.gradle to allow user customization.
- (937876) - Android: Fixed an issue with having lots of VBOs allocated even for an empty scene on Android during application startup.
- (923652) - Android: Buildpipe - Don't force exported gradle projects to be signed.
- (920126) - Animation: Fix for events not being fired during CrossFade at 0F.
- (930336) - Animation: Fixed a glitch that was causing a stuttering in the Animation curve when rotating a GameObject in the Animation window.
- (927444) - Animation: Fixed a crash that was caused during the assignment of an incomplete AnimatorController stored in an AssetBundle.
- (930988) - Animation: Fixed a regression that was preventing Math symbols from being evaluated in the Animation window's input field.
- (928601) - Animation: Fixed a crash when changing OverrideController during interrupted transition.
- (920973) - Asset Bundles: Fixed an issue where IK float values weren't getting blended if animations were split between two Asset Bundles.
- (930819) - Asset Bundles: Fixed an issue where calling LoadAllAssets with a type parameter could cause loading errors.
- (891971) - Build: Fixed an issue where scenes were not restored correctly if the build process was aborted.
- (885275) - Build Pipeline: Fixed an assert and a potential crash when building projects with Materials or Shader Variant Collections which referenced missing shaders (i.e deleted).
- (865522) - Build Pipeline: Fixed GameReleaseCollector crash on recursive function.
- (815319) - Build Pipeline: Fix for corrupt OSX standalone app icons in certain situations.
- (917568) - Build Pipeline: Fixed incorrect mesh channel stripping when mesh was used as a shape emitter in particle systems.
- (925913) - Editor: Calculate mipmap count properly when importing NPOT textures with '-nographics'.
- (913251) - Graphics: Fixed a crash when building splash screen with only a portrait background image.
- (916142, 933890) - Graphics: Removed code that tries to re-use dynamic gemometry buffers for multiple renders - there were too many edge cases to reliably detect when this was possible.
- (910036) - Graphics: Fixed rendering issues when using a camera with a RenderTexture and non-fullscreen viewport.
- (913612) - Graphics: Fixed Nav Mesh Preview in Scene View being affected by lighting.
- (878317) - Graphics: Fixed a rare crash caused by recursive rendering ie. Camera.Render() or Water rendering.
- (911654) - Graphics: Fixed a crash when instancing was enabled on specific Material.
- (903537) - Graphics: Fixed lighting rendering when using multiple cameras and at least one camera renders to a RenderTexture.
- (909148) - Graphics: Fixed "Tiled GPU perf. warning: RenderTexture color surface was not cleared/discarded doing..." in Unity when emulating OpenGL ES 2.0 or 3.0.
- (811757) - Graphics: Fixed runtime crash when modifying skinned mesh and GPU Skinning was enabled.
- (929961) - Graphics: Fixed a race condition crash when using Native Graphics Jobs.
- (919162) - Graphics: Fixed memory leak in Texture2DArray and CubeMapArrayTexture.
- (915959) - Graphics: Ensure textures with too high mip count on Metal are not created.
- (921467) - IL2CPP: Prevent a compilation error in the generated code for some Windows Store apps.
- (929802) - IL2CPP: Prevent a failure during code conversion when a constrained method call is made on a volatile type.
- (923517) - IL2CPP: Fixed an issue with setting enum type fields in .NET 4x with relfection using an integer value.
- (930252) - IL2CPP: Corrected a possible crash with the RegionInfo class in mscorlib.dll was incorrectly removed by the managed code linker.
- (821419) - Input: Fixed an issue on Windows where IME for Chinese, Japanese and Korean was enabled when typing even though not focused on a text field.
- (940918) - iOS: Fixed: Cardboard Enable Transition View.
- (934401) - iOS: Fixed 'Stale touch detected!' error message that showed up after minimizing, re-opening an app and immediate start tapping the screen with multiple fingers.
- (none) - iOS: Fixed trampoline compilation issues for iOS 11 simulator.
- (none) - Linux: Fixed native plugin lookup when the plugin was marked as compatible with both x86 and x86_64.
- (911189 ) - Particles: Fixed problems when upgrading instanced Particle System Prefabs.
- (901440) - Particles: Restore "Show Selected" mode to the Particle System Editor Window.
- (930370) - Particles: Fixed a crash when a sub-emitter GameObject did not exist.
- (927637) - Physics: Fixed an issue where ContactPoint2D.normalImpulse and ContactPoint2D.tangentImpulse were always zero when accessing via callbacks.
- (859361) - Platforms: Fixed a crash when '-cleanedLogFile' was passed but no log file name was given.
- (918651) - Scripting: Fixed an issue where the managed debugger on Windows was hanging when all scripts with OnAudioFilterRead had been disabled.
- (898636) - Scripting: Fixed alignment issue for 64-bit integers and doubles on Android and other non-iOS ARMv7 platforms.
- (936096) - Scripting: Prevent a failure during code conversion when a constrained method call is made on a volatile type.
- (926516) - Scripting: Fixed a potential domain reload issue in play mode when trying to validate scripts.
- (899502) - Shaders: Fixed GLSL shader compile errors due to lack of default precision specifier.
- (908903) - Shaders: Vulkan- Fixed a rare incorrect shader generation on expressions with write masks.
- (935808) - Terrain: Fixed a crash that could happen when there are a very large number of terrains with SpeedTree trees on them.
- (935800) - Terrain: Fixed an issue where error messages about JobTempAlloc would appear in player output log if trees were used on a terrain.
- (876232) - UI: Fixed unity crashing when undoing the deletion of a prefab with a UI element.
- (none) - Universal Windows Platform: Fixed building generated UWP projects with Visual Studio 2017.3 when using .NET scripting backend.
- (911008) - Universal Windows Platform: Fixed the issue where locking the mouse in UWP player would cause wrong values returned from Input.GetAxis() on the next Update.
- (none) - VR: Removed some unnecessary GPU work at the end of the frame for VR apps.
- (850334) - VR: Fixed - Stereo Convergence setting has no actual impact.
- (905062) - VR: _MainTex_ST values are now correct in non VR mode.
- (918634) - VR: Fixed blit to temporary RT not setting _MainTex_ST.
- (938063) - XR: Fixed volume buttons not adjusting sound for Google Cardboard applications after they have launched.