Unity 2017.1.0 Patch 5
Additional downloadsSelect the runtime platforms of your choice from the list below (the desktop runtime is included as standard) or, to install the full complement of runtime platforms, use the download assistant installer above.
Unity Editor Windows (X86-64)
- Editor: Added editor strings (profiler, Unity remote & etc.) for 2nd gen. iPad Pro.
- Linux: Print log file path before redirecting.
- Windows Player: Improved "Oops!" crash dialog.
- Windows: Added API to expose crash dump report path: UnityEngine.Windows.CrashReporting.
- Editor: On Material inspector "Enable Instancing" is changed to "Enable GPU Instancing".
- Licenses: Updated FBX license to require acceptance of FBX SDK license (https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/www/Company/docs/pdf/legal-notices-&-trademarks/Autodesk_FBX_SDK_2015_License_and_Services_Agreement.pdf).
- (935388) - 2D: Fixed an issue whereby Sprite Atlas variant would pack without an error when master was compressed with crunched.
- (none) - Android: Fixed the issue where OBB was not available after installing from Google Play on some phones until device was restarted.
- (937875) - Android: Fixed an issue having lots of VBOs allocated even for an empty scene on Android during application startup.
- (925738) - Android: [VideoPlayer] H264 video doesn't loop on HTC One (OS 4.2.2)
- (none) - Android: Apps no longer signed with signature scheme v2 when building for oculus.
- (none) - Animation: Fixed bad frame when changing Playable Graph during StateMachineBehaviours.
- (930819) - Asset Bundles: Fixed an issue where calling LoadAllAssets with a type parameter could cause loading errors.
- (917568) - Build Pipeline: Fixed incorrect mesh channel stripping when mesh was used as a shape emitter in particle systems.
- (932469) - Collaborate: Fixed an issue with the initial collaborate publish where it will continuously retry upon failure.
- (908324) - Editor: Fixed the inability to rename a objects in the Hierarchy view if LookDev was open.
- (none) - Editor: Fixed LookDev rendering issues: Frame to object feature, Initial position of prefabs in LookDev.
- (925913) - Editor: Calculate mipmap count properly when importing NPOT textures with '-nographics'.
- (858928) - Editor: Ensure that an asset preview is always provided.
- (none) - Editor: Fixed player build success notification.
- (none) - Editor: Fixed one case of importing projects from very old Unity versions.
- (932793) - Editor: Fixed a crash when loading scenes created in Unity versions before 2017.1 with specific lighting setup.
- (873823) - Editor: Fixed in-launcher names of projects loaded via relative path.
- (932630) - Editor: Fixed screen capture.
- (920781) - Graphics: Don't enable blending on unsupported pixel formats on Metal.
- (915959) - Graphics: Ensure textures are not created with too high mip count on Metal.
- (916425) - Graphics: Fixed memory leak in Editor scene view.
- (909829) - Graphics: Fixed different sampling on sRGB RenderTextures compared to non-sRGB RenderTextures when in Gamma space in standalone players.
- (918642) - Graphics: Fixed a crash when a valid Mesh had no submeshes.
- (902870) - Graphics: Fixed a crash when adding CommandBuffers during OnPreCull callabck and visualizing occlusion data with lighting enabled.
- (918636) - Graphics: Fixed a rare case when shader compilation failed with error message "Failed to find parameters of a compiled D3D9 shader".
- (917105) - Graphics: Rendering optimistion for GLES graphics API.
- (898184) - Graphics: Fixed a crash when Vulkan loader was installed but no drivers were installed and Vulkan was used as the default API.
- (918993) - Graphics: Fixed a deadlock when building lighting in Editor or during a player build.
- (826751) - Graphics: Fixed a crash when using Compute Shader with very large number of thread groups i.e. greater than 500,000.
- (922739) - Graphics: Fixed an issue whereby Terrain not showing wireframe in shaded-wireframe mode.
- (922996) - Graphics: Fixed a crash when assigning (invalid) Mesh to a SkinnedMeshRenderer from script in standalone player.
- (922715) - Graphics: Fixed a crash on exit from fullscreen player when using OpenGLCore graphics API.
- (733687) - Graphics: Fixed Mesh becoming offset and scaled when accessing 'mesh' property on a MeshFilter on a static GameObject and static batching was enabled.
- (803067) - Graphics: Fixed dynamic batching overwriting the vertex colour stream on untextured meshes.
- (none) - Graphics: Fixed loading shaders in a variant collection not loading the variants from all passes which match.
- (924625) - Graphics: Changed every instance of the string "Custom Texture" to "Custom Render Texture" in menus and tooltips.
- (none) - Graphics: Cubemap Custom Render Texture initialization is now applied to all faces (regardless of active face update flags).
- (none) - Graphics: Fixed GPU profiler block for Custom Texture Update.
- (925171) - Graphics: Fixed a crash in Custom Render Texture when switching target platforms in the Editor.
- (914676) - Graphics: Fixed the scale and rotation matrix on the PreviewRenderUnility Camera having no effect.
- (848934, 827583) - Graphics: Improved line and trail rendering, when trying to display overlapping/nearby points
- (929802, 930163, 930252) - IL2CPP: Fixed various crashes.
- (921467, 936096, 929802, 930163) - IL2CPP: Prevent a compilation error in the generated code for some Windows Store apps.
- Prevent a failure during code conversion when a constrained method call is made on a volatile type.
- Prevent a possible crash in List.AddRange.
- (none) - iOS: Fixed trampoline compilation issues for iOS 11 simulator.
- (934901) - iOS: Fixed 'Stale touch detected!' error message that showed up after minimizing, re-opening an app and immediate start tapping the screen with multiple fingers.
- (938975) - iOS: Use YIELD for atomic_pause on ARM.
- (none) - Launcher: Fixed the issue where Remember me did not work when using the Web hosted sign in.
- (938693) - Launcher: Fixed an issue that Web Signin would print loading error in Editor.log (with access token).
- (938742) - Launcher: Fixed the launcher offline issue.
- (880426) - Linux: Addiitonal fix for initializing screen dimensions (mouse input).
- (none) - Linux: Fallback to xinerama/xvidmode for video modes initialization if xrandr fails.
- (832192) - Networking: UnityWebRequest: Fixed an issues where cookies were not sent on redirect.
- (917133) - OSX: Fixed a crash when WebCamTexture is used.
- (927395) - Particles: Fixed mesh particles becoming inverted when using render alignment - View.
- (859361) - Platforms: Fixed a crash when '-cleanedLogFile' was passed but no log file name was given.
- (918651) - Scripting: Fixed managed debugger on Windows hanging when all scripts with OnAudioFilterRead have been disabled.
- (none) - Scripting: Fixed an issue when using SimplifyPoints and the provided array was too small.
- (934819) - Scripting: Fixed an issue where the send function from our synchronization context would fail to execute on the main thread.
- (931213) - Scripting: Fixed WWW class being unsafe for multiple invocations of Dispose().
- (926516) - Scripting: Fixed a potential domain reload issue in play mode when trying to validate scripts.
- (923165) - Scripting Upgrade: Fixed memory corruption/crash after domain reload when using Assembly.Load(Byte).
- (934518) - Scripting Upgrade: Fixed export package window tree structure.
- (930594) - Scripting Upgrade: Fixed an exception when calling 'System.Reflection.MonoProperty.GetterAdapterFrame' on AOT platforms.
- (930644) - Scripting Upgrade: Improved distribution of Guid.GetHashCode().
- (920772) - Scripting Upgrade: Fixed a crash when System.Reflection.Emit was used to generate assemblies for the AppDomain.AssemblyResolve event.
- (899502) - Shaders: Fixed GLSL shader compile errors due to lack of default precision specifier.
- (898262) - Terrain: Fixed an issue where error messages about JobTempAlloc would appear in player output log if trees were used on a terrain.
- (929987) - Terrain: Fixed a crash that could happen when you have a very large number of terrains with SpeedTree trees on them.
- (934535) - Timeline: Fixed root motion on humanoid characters when there were no base animation clips.
- (none) - Timeline: Rebuild Graph performances improvements.
- Preventing clips from drawing outside of the visible area.
- (935390) - UI: Sprite Atlas variant will display correct on Image component.
- (934842) - UI: GraphicRaycaster and EventSystem performance improvements.
- (none) - Universal Windows Platform: Fixed building generated UWP projects with Visual Studio 2017.3 when using .NET scripting backend
- (928646) - Windows: Crash dumps are written to users' Persistent Data Path, resolving an issue where installing Unity games to Program Files caused crash dumps to fail.