Unity Wins Four Major Industry Awards
Unity Technologies is proud to announce that it is the winner of four prestigious industry awards. Unity CEO David Helgason won a Gold Stevie Award for Tech Innovator of the Year and a Bronze Golden Bridge Award for CEO and Executive of the Year. Unity Technologies won a Silver Stevie Award for Most Innovative Tech Company of the Year and secured a place on San Francisco Business Times’ Tech & Innovation Award List.
Unity Technologies is revolutionizing the game industry with Unity, a breakthrough development platform used to make interactive experiences for desktop, web, mobile devices, and game consoles that empowers developers to compete in today’s crowded gaming market. With so many platforms and devices to build for, developers face big obstacles and high costs to build cross-platform. To combat this, Unity Technologies re-invests in its award-winning 2D and 3D development tools to level the playing field around the globe.
Over the past two years, Unity:
- Tripled its user base, growing from one million to 3.3 million cross-platform global developers
- Attracted 600,000 monthly active users
- Is used by roughly 47 percent of developers (Source: McKinsey 2014)
- Has captured 45 percent of the full feature game engine market (Source: McKinsey 2014)
- Unveiled online services to help game developers of all sizes acquire new players, promote their games, and monetize their products; the services help developers create immersive experiences and connect millions of users across multiple platforms
- Acquired Applifier to bring Everyplay mobile social community and video replay service and GameAds Video Ads to Unity developers
- Acquired Tsugi to provide the foundation for the powerful Unity Cloud Build continuous integration service that helps developers quickly build, test, and share new game projects
- Acquired Playnomics to build new analytics tools that will provide valuable information to developers to help connect closely with their audiences to deliver targeted content, game improvements, and offers
- Made it free for mobile game developers to publish to iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8 and BlackBerry 10
- Partnered with Intel, Oculus, Google, Sony Computer Entertainment, Tizen, Facebook, Qualcomm, Samsung, and Microsoft to deliver new, incredible paths of delivery and opportunities for developers
- Announced and released versions of platform tools for Windows 8.1 apps, Tizen, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita and PlayStation®Mobile (PSM), and WebGL
- Entered and extended partnerships to make platform locked versions of Unity Pro free for approved Wii U, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita developers
- Integrated with Facebook, making it easier for developers to take advantage of the social network’s platform for acquiring users, generating revenue, and more
- Released and introduced new 2D development tools specifically designed to streamline workflow
- Announced Unity 5, the next big iteration in the Unity development engine and editor that includes physically-based shading, real-time global illumination, a reworked audio system, improved 2D support, a 64-bit editor, WebGL support, Mecanim animation system improvements, and more.
“It’s incredible to be recognized by three such prestigious organizations,” said David Helgason, CEO, Unity. “These awards are a testament to Unity’s commitment to democratizing game and app development through the best technology, the best tools, and the best business practices, with which we hope our developers can use to revolutionize the industry.”
About Unity Technologies
Unity Technologies is the creator of Unity, a flexible and high-performance end-to-end development platform to create rich interactive 3D and 2D experiences. Unity’s powerful core engine and editor serve as the foundation for developers and designers to quickly build beautiful games or apps and easily bring them across multiple platforms: mobile devices, home entertainment systems, personal computers, and embedded systems.
At the heart of Unity’s democratization initiatives, you will find solutions and services for building games and audiences. The Unity Asset Store digital content marketplace supports developer efforts by providing time and money saving solutions to tough production, design, and art challenges. New integrated services such as Unity Cloud Build extend the platform for greater productivity in creating, testing, and deploying, while Unity Everyplay and Unity Ads help developers connect with their audiences and acquire users through the sharing of game replays on social networks and offering a high-quality advertising network.
Unity Technologies serves over 600,000 monthly active developers including large publishers, indie studios, students, and hobbyists around the globe. For more information, visit: https://unity3d.com.
About the Stevie Awards
Stevie Awards are conferred in six programs: The American Business Awards, the German Stevie Awards, The International Business Awards, the Stevie Awards for Women in Business, the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service, and the Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards. Honoring organizations of all types and sizes and the people behind them, the Stevies recognize outstanding performances in the workplace worldwide. Learn more about the Stevie Awards at www.StevieAwards.com.
About The Golden Bridge Awards
The coveted annual Golden Bridge Awards program encompasses the world’s best in organizational performance, innovations, products and services, executives and management teams, women in business and the professions, innovations, case studies, product management, public relations and marketing campaigns, and customer satisfaction programs from every major industry in the world. Organizations from all over the world are eligible to submit nominations including public and private, for-profit and non-profit, largest to smallest and new startups.
+1 (415) 378-8090
+44 7590 509278